Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party in the Vacation Planning forums; Ok, so I'll be at disney a week from today and I was wondering if the halloween party is really worth the $55 a person to go to. I'll have ...
    vypeman is offline A-Ticket holder

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

Ok, so I'll be at disney a week from today and I was wondering if the halloween party is really worth the $55 a person to go to. I'll have a 14 year old girl with me and not sure if it would be something she would enjoy though she is a big halloween person. She actually runs around my haunted graveyard in costume scarying kids during halloween. So, is it cool enough for the money they want for it?

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

From what i have heard and read, it is fun once, so if you have not done it, then it is probably worth a try.

pinkemma666 is offline D-Ticket Holder

If she enjoys Disney then I think she'll enjoy MNSSHP

Totally worth it from what I've seen on line....there are some great videos out there covering the party. The atmosphere looks really fun 'spooky' and guests are encouraged to dress up.

Will be attending for the first time next year and can't wait for candy treats, Hallowishes, and especially Boo To You parade

I've attended Mickey's Very Mickey Christmas Party a couple of times now and the extra cost is definately worth it, it makes you feel special to wander round the park during the party hours...I even enjoyed having the CM's asking to see my party wristband before I went on attractions!!!
    We may all grow old, but never grow up xx

Visit my blog at - www.daydreamingdisney.com

Facebook page - www.facebook.com/daydreamingdisney

Follow me on Twitter - @daydreamingdis

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I've been, nice to see once, but I don't think I'd go every year. Don't get caught up in the "guests should dress up" nonsense. Once you're there, you will find that the majority of the people in costume are little kids. Adults in costume are very much in the minority, so you won't feel out of place at all in street clothes.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

We've been to MNSSHP with our kids (11,8,6) and had a blast. The parade is very cool! This year, my husband and I are going with a bunch of adult friends. We plan to have just as much fun. It is for all ages. We're big kids, what can I say?
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

acityinspain is offline A-Ticket holder

I think MNSSHP is totally worth the money! And I know a lot of people say you should only go once, but my family has gone twice and we've loved it both times.
    I think it's fun for all ages (who doesn't like candy, really?). Even my morose but lovable 13-year-old brother loves the Halloween party and prefers our family go in October because he wants to do MNSSHP.
    The parade and fireworks are worth the ticket price alone, but my favorite thing about MNSSHP is that you get to meet so many characters that aren't usually out and about.
    The last time my family went we met Maleficent, and it was a blast. She's so deliciously evil.
    If your daughter likes Disney and Halloween, you can't go wrong with MNSSHP!

tmbcole is offline C-Ticket Holder

MNSSHP is so worth the money. I wouldn't have a problem paying more if the tickets were more. We've gone several times and we're going again this October. The parade starts with the Headless Horsemen and it's a wonderful parade. Some of the floats are expected, but there are also the grave diggers with their shovels and they actually make sparks with their shovels. This is one of my favorite parades.

There's also candy for the kids . . . if your child is not into the bags of candy, it's still worth it.

Have a wonderful time.
    Tina Cole

vypeman is offline A-Ticket holder

thanks all. You just sold me on it

MINNIE07 is offline A-Ticket holder

Just got back from Disney. Went to the Halloween party, and it was awesome. You get a chance to meet many villains, lots of characters dressed in Halloween costumes. HM was very eerie with fog fx and cast members were all servant zombies. (a great twist from seeing the HM during the day) The dance parties were fun and we walked right onto a ton of rides. The time seemed to pass too fast with the trick or treating, parade, fireworks and the villains show. Totally worth it!

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

It seems like everyone here says that the party is worth the money.Well I say it is not.We went several years ago when it was cheaper,about $30 something back then,and I thought that was way too much for 5 lousy hours.7pm to 12 midnight.it was over just as quick as it started.Since we could not enjoy MK as much during the party time,we went back the next day for a full day at MK and had a much better time.My girls were younger when we went and they dressed up in a 50's poodle dress that my wife bought them from wally world.My wife and I dressed up also as 50's attire.Slicked back hair in a ducktail,penny loafers and a 50's style shirt.Wife in similar attire for a 50's female.
    However,we just di not enjoy it.The lights were all of these multi colored lights,pinks,greens,reds,etc,and that actually made it harder to see than with the normal lights at night.I guess I just did not see the benefits of the whole party thing.It just got over too quick too.I mean you wait a few minutes to ride some rides and such and boom!it's midnight,time to leave!I was disappointed with the whole thing.Would I ever do the party thing again?NEVER! Especially if the price has gone up to $55!OUTRAGEOUS! It's just not worth it at all.Obviously there will be some that won't agree with me,and that's fine;I am not expecting anyone to agree with me,but if some do,please state that you do.But don't bash me if you don't agree with me.I am entitled to my opinion too.
    Park Hopper Dad!