Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss How would you change World Showcase in the Vacation Planning forums; I love EPCOT but you can always TWEAK! I want you to ignore space and budget constraints to tweak, remodel and add. Here are my ideas... I would Tweak the ...
    MissMEY is offline C-Ticket Holder

How would you change World Showcase

I love EPCOT but you can always TWEAK!
    I want you to ignore space and budget constraints to tweak, remodel and add. Here are my ideas...

I would Tweak the UK to would add a place you could go for afternoon tea.

Remodel would be Morocco - whilst the Tangerine cafe is my favourite place to eat at EPCOT I would move the whole area to the Refreshment coolpost area and make it a celebration of the many African countries. One idea includes a boat ride through Africa, showcasing the treasures such as the Tunisian Roman amphitheater in El Djem, the pyramids and of course Victoria Falls to name a few. Retaining the existing Moroccan food places.

I would add is Greece. The history of this country is immense and the food is delish I can see a mezze fast food counter and a new restaurant happening here.

So what are your ideas?

Staying at Old Key West & cruising on the Disney Fantasy

HOST AT THE MINNIE MINXES DISNEY PODCAST
    An all-female Disney podcast from the UK

www.facebook.com/theminnieminxesdisneypodcast
    Our Blog http://theminnieminxes.blogspot.co.uk Our Twitter@theminnieminxes

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

Re: How would you change World Showcase

Hmmmm....interesting thought...

I love World Showcase, primarily because it is unique from other experiences in any of the other parks and it is not so centered around attractions as it is on the atmosphere of transporting you to different countries. However, you are right, there is always room for improvement.

I would Tweak the Outpost - Africa has a lot more to it than just trading and such, I think they could do more to incorportate the culture of the various countries and show that Africa has many personalities to it.

Remodel - I feel like China is kind of a confusing layout, plus when they have the acrobats performing, the entire walkway gets clogged up. Maybe they can put a place for people to stand so that passers by can make it through without a struggle.

Add - I think they need an Ireland! There are so many Irish decendents living in our country and its only represented during Food & Wine. They could do so much with that country - have a little Irish Village, have the shore line against the lagoon (since Ireland's shores look so unique with its cliffs and rocky terrain). I know I said I am happy there aren't too many rides in WS, but they could do a thrill ride of some sort (which WS could use).
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I wouldn't tweak too much as WS is a favorite. It would be nice to add a few countries with their own attractions (rides).

MissMEY is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    I wouldn't tweak too much as WS is a favorite. It would be nice to add a few countries with their own attractions (rides).
    Which is your favourite country? Food wise I love Morocco. Shop wise I love Italy as they sell beautiful murano glass Mickey tree decorations. Atmosphere wise I like England (home-lol) but really like Germany too. The pavilion I least like and purely because of the ride breaking down and having to endure the music going on n on for an hour whilst stuck is Mexico.

Staying at Old Key West & cruising on the Disney Fantasy

HOST AT THE MINNIE MINXES DISNEY PODCAST
    An all-female Disney podcast from the UK

www.facebook.com/theminnieminxesdisneypodcast
    Our Blog http://theminnieminxes.blogspot.co.uk Our Twitter@theminnieminxes

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

If I were to "tweak" it I think I would just fulfill the original plan to place an attraction in every pavilion. I'd love to see a few more rides back there, but even a film like the one in Canada, or something similar (perhaps not as grand) to America would be ideal IMHO. Oh, and add Australia and Brazil

UBMICK35000 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Unfortunately, with the world economic situation being what it is, I don't see them adding any new pavilions soon, even some "tweaks" might be a while in coming.

That being said, couldn't they make better use of the "Millennium Village"? Maybe a sort of semi-permanent Food and Wine Festival with a rotating set of countries?

How about incorporating some of the "World of Color" effects into IllumiNations?
    [indent]Who says you have to grow up? - Walt Disney

07 / 1990 off property
    09 / 1992 off property
    06 / 1997 Wilderness Lodge
    07 / 2000 Port Orleans
    06 / 2002 Wilderness Lodge
    12 / 2003 Grand Floridian
    09 / 2005 Disneyland Hotel
    09 / 2006 Boardwalk
    06 / 2007 Contemporary
    06 / 2008 Riverside
    03 / 2009 Caribbean Beach
    10 / 2010 Yacht Club
    05 / 2011 Polynesian
    12 / 2011 Disneyland Hotel
    06 / 2012 Disney Magic
    05 / 2013 'Grand' Californian
    12 / 2013 'Grand' Floridian

2009 D23 Charter Member

Rick Blaine is offline B-Ticket Holder

Well, if money were no object, I would add a “tour of the nations” attraction. This would be an attraction that toured world showcase. It would hug the edge of the lagoon and have narration that gives trivia and facts about each nation as you go by. At the end of world showcase it would go behind the attractions (of course not revealing any back stage magic) and give a diorama and animatronics tour of several of the nations not featured in World showcase. It would be similar to TTA or maybe the monorail in design. The ride would take about 20-25 minutes.

UBMICK35000 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Blaine View Post
    I would add a “tour of the nations” attraction.
    At one time there actually was a guided tour called "Hidden Treasures of World Showcase" which did much the same thing. Unfortunately it was discontinued several years ago, maybe they could bring it back.

Also the extended version of the Segway tour includes some information about the pavilions in World Showcase. (I remember the 'column slalom', going in and out of the archways in the Doge's Palace in Italy).
    [indent]Who says you have to grow up? - Walt Disney

07 / 1990 off property
    09 / 1992 off property
    06 / 1997 Wilderness Lodge
    07 / 2000 Port Orleans
    06 / 2002 Wilderness Lodge
    12 / 2003 Grand Floridian
    09 / 2005 Disneyland Hotel
    09 / 2006 Boardwalk
    06 / 2007 Contemporary
    06 / 2008 Riverside
    03 / 2009 Caribbean Beach
    10 / 2010 Yacht Club
    05 / 2011 Polynesian
    12 / 2011 Disneyland Hotel
    06 / 2012 Disney Magic
    05 / 2013 'Grand' Californian
    12 / 2013 'Grand' Floridian

2009 D23 Charter Member

weepstah is offline C-Ticket Holder

I would start working with the following countries with adding them to WS.

1) Brazil OR Argentina
    2) Russia (or perhaps Ukraine)
    3) Australia (or New Zealand)
    4) India

I believe all of these countries could easily support the cost (really, in the bigger economic picture the cost a host country pays isn't very much) plus most are stable. Plus all with the exception of #3 add a very different culture to WS.

Also, I would work on expanding the Outpost, perhaps adding a permanent 'real' cultural food option.