Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss How is Sounds Dangerous Still Around? in the Vacation Planning forums; You can read my opinion of why I think it is crazy here The Four Parks: Why Is Sounds Dangerous! Still At Hollywood Studios? But really, the show is dated ...
    penguinmickdis1 is offline C-Ticket Holder

How is Sounds Dangerous Still Around?

You can read my opinion of why I think it is crazy here The Four Parks: Why Is Sounds Dangerous! Still At Hollywood Studios? But really, the show is dated and unpopular. How could a show that is taking up space be there, and if that still exists why doesn't Wonders of Life? Leave a comment on my blog or right here and tell me what you think.

miffy is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: How is Sounds Dangerous Still Around?

How is it still around? How the heck did they have this to begin with? The only positive thing I can say about this unattractive so-called attraction is that it's a cool place to go in the heat. They should replace it with an ice cream parlor. I'm serious.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

An Ice Cream Parlor would be great with sundaes themed to Holywood legends of the 40s.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I'll take the Marilyn Monroe blonde sundae, please.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I am one of the very few that enjoyed Sounds Dangerous from the first time I saw it. Was not happy when it fell into disrepair though. Uncalled For. But that is just me.

I think when we are going to draw analagies though they have to be apple to apples not apples to oranges.

DHS has so many "shows", there is often touring gap time. SD has a 12 minute feed time. It fills the gaps between the "E" ticket shows. That is all it was intended to do. Comparing it to Worlds of Wonder isn't a fair comparison. It is a different park, with Pavilions vs attractions. The WoL Pavilion had so many different attractions and fills within the one Pavilion.
    SD was/is, if it opened again, a free standing attraction.

It is rumored that the SD attraction will change over to the Jedi Training Academy, The Adventure Continues and will feature an Audio-Animatronic Yoda. Time will tell. You'd think that should have been done with the whole Rehab.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

I hate Sounds Dangerous, it is the only attraction at Disney that I was actually a little peeved when I got off it that I wasted precious time there.

I agree that there needs to be something there that can turn out guests in a relatively short timespan to give people something to do in between shows.

An ice cream parlor sounds great, they could theme it like an old nightclub perhaps. Maybe that's not what Disney is really looking for, but I'd be willing to see any 10 cent idea take it's place, it's just plain horrendous.

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!

I don't hate Sounds Dangerous, and I've done it a few times, but it does underwhelm me. I think they could put that building/space to better use. It doesn't have to be amazing, but something to eat up short spans of time would be great.

Is there any place on property where you can dress up and take crazy photos, like you can at (shudders) 'other theme parks'? Like, you know, old time black and white photos. I think Disney could do something really great in that area...and there's no place better for a movie-themed photo shoot than DHS!

DAR
    DAR is offline Fastpass Holder

Sounds Dangerous?
    WDW Radio Android App.

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I am one of the very few that enjoyed Sounds Dangerous from the first time I saw it.
    I enjoyed it too. To be fair, the first time I saw it was when I was 7, then the last time I saw it was when I was 17 in 2008. I've been back one more time since then but haven't been able to see it because nobody in my party water to see it.

I thought it really was pretty creative. It's just what people need sometimes. It's cool, dark, short, and pretty enjoyable.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

penguinmickdis1 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I am one of the very few that enjoyed Sounds Dangerous from the first time I saw it. Was not happy when it fell into disrepair though. Uncalled For. But that is just me.

I think when we are going to draw analagies though they have to be apple to apples not apples to oranges.

DHS has so many "shows", there is often touring gap time. SD has a 12 minute feed time. It fills the gaps between the "E" ticket shows. That is all it was intended to do.
    My point in my blog post is that it needs to be updated, I would love to see a new movie with Drew Carey but at this point Disney seems to never want to plus it like what Walt did.

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

they just havent decided what to replace it with. At some point, they will do something with it I suppose
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by penguinmickdis1 View Post
    My point in my blog post is that it needs to be updated, I would love to see a new movie with Drew Carey but at this point Disney seems to never want to plus it like what Walt did.
    From the writing I understood your correlation from a fill attraction to an entire pavilion. I didn't necessarily agree with it.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

What I think would be cool, this could be another sit-in-the-dark-comedy style attraction, or it could be a small One Man's Dream-type attraction would be a "Salute to Radio." Heck, with that title, you could even have the Salute to Radio be themed after Home Improvement. There's a lot of options for radio though. Orson Welles, Fireside Chats, Soap Operas. There could be a major ABC tie-in to it.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

They all ready did a flash back in time once with Lucy etc. And then the Monster sound show. I could see if they went Star Wars, being so close.
    I'd be disappointed because I don't care for Star Wars. I am likely in the minority on that one though.

Add in I don't do simulators well, bulky tummy. So I do not even do the attraction. Not a slight on Disney With Stars, just a me taste and problem with simulators.

SD is such a low budget theater you'd think Disney could fix her up easily and cheaply into something that more Guests would enjoy.

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

Quote Originally Posted by DAR View Post
    Sounds Dangerous?
    Exactly

I was never a fan of it either...but now it is not only outdated and in desperate need of refurb. I can't wait for something new to go in there, DHS in general needs a little umph put back into it. I am not a big Star Wars fan (actually, with the exception of the attraction, I avoid it), but I'd just be happy to see SOMETHING new go in there.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast