Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh closing its interactive queue for refurbishmen in the Vacation Planning forums; The interactive queue is closing for a refurbishment November 2 - 9th. The fastpass line will be the temporary entrance. No fastpasses will be available during the refurb. The queue, ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh closing its interactive queue for refurbishmen

The interactive queue is closing for a refurbishment November 2 - 9th.
    The fastpass line will be the temporary entrance. No fastpasses will be available during the refurb.

The queue, not quite a year old is showing wear. Also the Tigger area has been blocked off for some time. No indication if that area will be addressed or not during the refurbishment.

WDWNewsToday photo
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh closing its interactive queue for refurbis

Hope the HM holds up better.

Flrancho is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh closing its interactive queue for refurbis

Things should last longer, but I can't say I'm really that surprised.

The kids seemed to be going pretty hard at all the things to play with in there when we tried out the new queue. Kids generally aren't careful or gentle with things, especially if its not really theirs.

Perhaps they should be making these queues interactive, but not rough hands on like the Winnie the Pooh stuff was where you have people pounding on things.

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

yeah, this seemed like it wasnt thought out that well

Hopefully the newer ones like Peter Pan and maybe Big Thunder and Test Track will be better
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcb View Post
    yeah, this seemed like it wasnt thought out that well

Hopefully the newer ones like Peter Pan and maybe Big Thunder and Test Track will be better
    Quote Originally Posted by Flrancho View Post
    Things should last longer, but I can't say I'm really that surprised.

The kids seemed to be going pretty hard at all the things to play with in there when we tried out the new queue. Kids generally aren't careful or gentle with things, especially if its not really theirs.

Perhaps they should be making these queues interactive, but not rough hands on like the Winnie the Pooh stuff was where you have people pounding on things.
    I so agree with you two. It doesn't look like they put thought into the wear and tear of the materials or the interactive items. Disney knows better. Look at Toon Town. The boat, playground and Minnie and Mickey's house held up well over many years. If you just look at the twig fences that they installed, knew that was going to be an issue from the get go. The bouncing disks in the Tigger area, seriously did they run that past their Legal Risk folks before they installed it?

I too hope they think the other queues and attractions they are building through better. They really did this queue on the cheap and now they have to do it again.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

i dont even remember seeing the bouncing area when we were there in aug.

guess its a good thing too cause kay would of loved it! haha
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

the bounce area was only open a few days in the beginning... then the lawyers told Disney it was a lawsuit nightmare i suspect...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

That play area gets FAR more traffic than most playgrounds...making it of special soft materials is going to result in wear and need for periodic replacement.

If only the replaced those slimy handrails on Splash Mountain as often...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news