Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Stitch's Great Escape in the Vacation Planning forums; Hey everyone, I am just looking for input on Stitch's Great Escape. We haven't been back to WDW since this attraction replaced Alien Encounter and I am just wondering what ...

Stitch's Great Escape

Hey everyone, I am just looking for input on Stitch's Great Escape. We haven't been back to WDW since this attraction replaced Alien Encounter and I am just wondering what everyone's feelings are about it. Is it okay for my DS4 (almost 5) to go into now? He didn't meet the height requirements when it was still AE (not that I would have taken him on it anyways...he would have had nightmares for weeks!), but now that he is tall enough for Stitch I was still debating to take him or not. Is it toned down quite abit from the way AE was or is it still kind of the same?

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    It's a complete waste of time, and fastpass, Mel. I would take back the 40 minutes of my life spent waiting and riding it but then again, I'm a firm believer in learning the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa
    It's a complete waste of time, and fastpass, Mel. I would take back the 40 minutes of my life spent waiting and riding it but then again, I'm a firm believer in learning the hard way.
    But I am not asking from my perspective...I am wondering for my DS who likes Stitch. I just want to know if it is too intense for him.

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    I was thinking about that and was like, "if he thinks it ****s, then he's one cool dude.." I didn't want to get into what if he likes it, ya know? Mainly cause I have no kids so what do I know... but the ride/show is tame in my opinion. Stitch is not scary.

Princess Sarah is offline Fastpass Holder
    It's basically like Alien Encounter. In fact...it's almost exactly the same. The out different sogns up, and gave the robot guy gloves and a hat. It scared the you-know-what out of me, but them again, I am terrifed of the dark. Some of the new elements made it a little more enjoyable, like Stitch "Jumping" on your harness.
    You just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore.
    -Randy Pausch

University of South Carolina '11
    We hail thee, Carolina...

tjcoolgirl15 is offline I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner!
    I think it wouldn't be that bad, as long as he knows this is not the cute, adorable Stitch, but the wild experiment 626 from before he came to Earth. There's enough flashes of light to not keep you in the dark for too long that he should be ok. There are a couple of really loud noises though, if that would bother him. It is the exact same set up as AE was though, same pre-show area, seating arrangement, everything. Don't listen to Tampa though, it's not THAT bad. But that comes from a BIG Stitch fan, so there ya go!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!
    Prince Charming, will you marry me?
    I saw on TV that listening to Mozart makes you smart. So if you listen to Elvis, you'll become a GENIUS!

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Hi, not sure what to tell you but my four year old (almost 5 at the time) went on it and loved it. (I don't love it, but not what the thread was about.) She got nervous when we first sat down and it got dark and the restraints went down, but only because she thought it was going to turn in to a "ride".

But she loved it (so did my 7 year old son, and he is much more cautios-terrified of the haunted mansion, won't do any coasters, anything fast, etc...)

So you know your DD's take on things, if she is tough, she'll be fine, just prepare her for the fact that there will be some darkness and stitch might try to play some jokes on her, etc...

If you think there is a good shot she will be scared, I'd try to tell her why and see if that works...
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!