Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Disney Blog Christmas Parade Photo's in the Vacation Planning forums; From the Disney Blog: Last Friday and Saturday, the Magic Kingdom Park wished upon more than a few stars, as some of the top names in entertainment taped performance segments ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Disney Blog Christmas Parade Photo's

From the Disney Blog:
    Last Friday and Saturday, the Magic Kingdom Park wished upon more than a few stars, as some of the top names in entertainment taped performance segments for the “Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade” that will air December 25 on ABC-TV in the U.S., in Canada on the CBC network and in 177 countries around the globe on the American Forces Network (AFN).
    Last month, Disney Parks Blog author George Savvas recapped the tapings that took place at Disneyland Resort for the holiday special. With the Walt Disney World Resort tapings now complete, we only have a few weeks to wait until the show is wrapped in a bow and presented to viewers on Christmas Day.

Worldwide singing sensation Justin Bieber had plenty of fans “Beliebing” in magic, as he performed a medley of tunes from his new, smash-hit holiday album.

Jennifer Hudson, a former Disney Cruise Line performer who has taken the entertainment world by storm by winning an Academy Award and GRAMMY Award in her young career, also performed a holiday medley. Her performance, backed by a choir, will bring this year’s telecast to a celebratory close.

Everyone’s favorite balcony-sitting curmudgeons, Statler and Waldorf, make a special appearance on the telecast at the Magic Kingdom Park. They will be perched high above Main Street, U.S.A., offering their unique brand of commentary on the parade below.

Kermit the Frog wore his holiday best scarf for the occasion, and remarked that he loves to vacation in Central Florida not only to visit Walt Disney World Resort, but also to visit some of the best swamps he’s ever seen. Here, he poses during the taping with Disney Channel stars Bella Thorne and Zendaya — from hit show “Shake It Up” — who perform a high-energy dance number during the TV special.

Soulful singer Cee Lo Green performed ”This Christmas,” and then had a chance to meet one of our favorite holiday pals, Pluto (complete with reindeer antlers).

Direct from the hit Broadway musical, “Mary Poppins,” Mary Poppins and Bert made a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious holiday appearance during the taping.

Actor Mario Lopez, who is one of the parade’s hosts this year, had the chance to visit with some very “pup-ular” celebrities, the canine stars of the upcoming “Treasure Buddies” film. The film, the latest in the “Buddies” series, will soon be available on Disney DVD and Blu-ray.

The Never Land Pirate Band makes its parade debut this year, with the buccaneer band performing an original, pirate-themed holiday tune.
    The 28th Annual “Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade” airs Christmas Day on ABC-TV at the following scheduled times.
    • New York, Philadelphia, Chicago, Houston, and Raleigh: 10 a.m. – Noon
    • Eastern Time Zone: Noon – 2 p.m.
    • Central Time Zone: 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
    • Mountain Time Zone: 10 a.m. – Noon
    • Pacific Time Zone: 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
    • Hawaii Time: 7 a.m. – 9 a.m.

Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Disney Blog Christmas Parade Photo's

My favorite is the puppies, followed by the Emporium Muppets. Though I would love to own Jennifer Hudsons dress.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

Her dress is gorgeous, and I would love to own one!! What I wouldn't give to be there...
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

I was there for both days. It was a lot of fun!
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

As much as I love the fact that they televise the Christmas celebrations on both coasts, I strongly dislike the fact that it's virtually an hour-long commercial. It seems as if they don't realize that the people watching go to the parks as often as they can.
    Last edited by WDW4Ever; 12-06-2011 at 12:19 AM.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Love the parade every year, just like Macy's is a must watch on Thanksgiving.