Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Same Parade time in US, kinda sorta in the Vacation Planning forums; Christmas Parade to air at same time across country In 13 days, it will once again be time for the Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade. Recorded at Disneyland in November ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Same Parade time in US, kinda sorta

Christmas Parade to air at same time across country

In 13 days, it will once again be time for the Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade. Recorded at Disneyland in November and at Walt Disney World just over a week ago, the two-hour parade broadcast will air at the same time across most of the U.S., airing on the Disney-owned ABC network at noon EST, 11 a.m. CST, 10 a.m. MST, 9 a.m. PST, and 7 a.m. HST (Hawaii Standard Time). The only exceptions will be five major cities in the Eastern and Central time zones, where it will air at 10 a.m. local time. New York, Philadelphia, Chicago, Houston, and Raleigh will be the only cities where the parade airs early. It can also be seen in Canada on CBC and around the world on the Armed Forces Network.

-Mouse Planet-
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

N.J.boy@N.C.St. is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Same Parade time in US, kinda sorta

That's kind of interesting since it's not actually a live broadcast.

And, New York, Chicago, Philadelphia and Houston I can see them doing that because they're all in the top 10 largest cities in the country.

But...Raleigh? I go to school in Raleigh...and Raleigh is just an oversized town of 400,000. It's not even the largest city in North Carolina; Charlotte's population doubles Raleigh's (well, Raleigh is the state capital). That is really interesting, though.
    Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/NJboyatNCstate

June 1997, July 2002, August 2005, August 2006, February 2008, July 2008, August 2008, June 2009, July 2010, November 2010, July 2011

2011 Trip Report:
    Part 1: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...nto-parks.html
    Part 2: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...7-23-11-a.html
    Part 3: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...24-7-26-a.html
    Part 4: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...e-already.html

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

NJ Boy, Raleigh is a big city to those of us in Richlands, NC.

Haunted Gabe, thanks for the info, looking forward to watching.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

I'm in Charlotte and have to admit that I don't get the Raleigh thing either. That said, I'm guessing it's because the time conflicts with something else that's going to be on Raleigh TV then maybe?

Thank God for DVRs with search capability at least cuz there's no way my brain is going to remember this stuff by Christmas.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    I'm in Charlotte and have to admit that I don't get the Raleigh thing either. That said, I'm guessing it's because the time conflicts with something else that's going to be on Raleigh TV then maybe?

Thank God for DVRs with search capability at least cuz there's no way my brain is going to remember this stuff by Christmas.

Isn't basketball supposed to make its debut on Christmas this year? Between Football and Basketball, I'm sure several markets will have to swish the parade around.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Huntertwilliams is offline B-Ticket Holder

Raleigh may be small compared to other cities in America, but it is rated number one to live in. But when they say Raleigh, they are probably talking about the whole triangle area which is Raleigh, Durham and chapel hill. I personally love Raleigh and i visit often since I live less than an hour from it.

I'm sure it is whatever area that ABC covers in that NC region. Still, what is the conflict with the Parade?

And if the parade is 10 am CST except...where it will be at 10 am local????? Well isn't Chicago and Houston 10am no matter which air time then?
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 12-18-2011 at 12:45 AM.