Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Countdown to Extinction in the Vacation Planning forums; I have just been looking at some holiday stuff from WDW from my previous trips including 1999 & 2000. I noticed that 'Dinosaur Ride' in AK used to be called ...
    trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!

Question Countdown to Extinction

I have just been looking at some holiday stuff from WDW from my previous trips including 1999 & 2000.
    I noticed that 'Dinosaur Ride' in AK used to be called 'Countdown to Extinction'. Does anyone know when exactlly and why it changed its name.
    I know it is a 'something or nothing' thing but as all things WDW go, it is trivial to me!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    I don't know when or why ....but my opinion and correct me if I'm wrong which I prob am...;-) is that the name Countdown to Extinction sounds awefully scary and really educational(aka-boring)...would guess that Dinosaur! has a better ring to it in the thrill ride genre..ehhh just a guess
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Disney changed the name to Dinosaur I believe it was back in 2000 to promote their movie Dinosaur.

Park Hopper is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    Disney changed the name to Dinosaur I believe it was back in 2000 to promote their movie Dinosaur.
    Yes, it was in May of 2000 that Countdown to Extinction was renamed Dinosaur to coincide with the movie's release. As part of the promotion, Animal Kingdom launched a four-month-long Dinosaur Jubilee at DinoLand U.S.A.
    30 Minutes from the Mouse

kngdmhrts3 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Also, Alladar from the movie dinosaur saver you @ the end
    Hakuna Matata

"They say Walt Disney World is the Happiest Place on Earth, but they have never been in your arms"

Well, I believe it was always intended to be called Dinosaur, but since nobody really knew of the movie and Disney not wanting to give the stuff away (such as scary Carnivourous eaters chasing you), they decided to wait until after the movie had been released
    Well I'll be hoho, It's the Blue Fairy

"See it in your mind and you can find in your imagination, mysteries and magic, visions fantastic, leading to strange and wondrous dreams, Dreams are make believe, but could they all come true?"

I love Fantasmic!

The ONE and only= Mickeywanna on VMK!!