Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Travel bag/Backpack in parks in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by MartianCrab That's another reason I hate Universal. They make you take your backpacks off so they can charge you for a locker. The first 1/2 hr is ...
    JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Travel bag/Backpack in parks

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    That's another reason I hate Universal. They make you take your backpacks off so they can charge you for a locker. The first 1/2 hr is "free" but if the line is long you'll end up having to pay the ransom to get your stuff back.
    Wait though... Even worse than that is when a ride breaks down... Forbidden Journey broke down and we had to take our stuff out of the locker... And conveniently that was when the employees DISAPPEARED...!!! Oh yeh... Imagine 30 people crowding around those annoying kiosks... And one time I couldn't open my locker... Another escapade... "whats in your locker...?" "umm... My backpack...?" "can you show me your ID in there...? "no... It's in my back pocket..." "well can you explain to me some of the pictures on your camera...?" oh yeh that conversation happened...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

I hate Universal.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

Does Universal make travel bags/backpacks we can hate, too? 'Cause, I would hate them (the travel bags/backpacks) if they did.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by TXTaylors5 View Post
    I was so thankful of the day when our youngest was out of diapers and could walk longer distances. I feel so "free" in the parks not lugging around a big diaper bag and stroller. If you don't have to, I don't see why people lug around big backpacks and bags in the parks.
    It was quite liberating to loose that diaper/backpack. Little by little we lost the stroller/strollers. Sometimes we rented one at Epcot Mid-day in the World Showcase. My kids being 5 years apart, we kinda started all over again back then. Seemed like forever we lugged and pushed.

Now I'm feeling the same way about college. Tuition goes on forever........

(I lost my lipgloss and gum!).
    Gum is not the thing to loose at Disney, it is like Gold.
    After the above trip, hubby surprised me once again and bought me a D&B WDW crossbody bag. Like the one HERE. (I have pink.) I LOVE THIS BAG!!! It is now my "go to" bag for the parks and home.

Yep, that is perfect! Mine is very similar. Big enough for just me!
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I stick with my small Disney backpack. It seems to be the right size for everything.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post
    Does Universal make travel bags/backpacks we can hate, too? 'Cause, I would hate them (the travel bags/backpacks) if they did.
    Here is the requested fuel for hate; have at it.

Notice how smug it is as it sits there! Oh I hate it!
    Last edited by MartianCrab; 01-09-2012 at 05:20 PM.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

I bet you can that on their rides too...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Actually a heck of a lot better than a few of the Disney backpacks I've seen.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Tinkerkell123 is offline A-Ticket holder

This is my pack...the best I've ever owned. It's been to Disney about a dozen times.
    Oh, I like that one!

Quote Originally Posted by TXTaylors5 View Post
    I was so thankful of the day when our youngest was out of diapers and could walk longer distances. I feel so "free" in the parks not lugging around a big diaper bag and stroller. If you don't have to, I don't see why people lug around big backpacks and bags in the parks.

For my first time in the park without "baggage", I used a D&B WDW wristlet my hubby bought me. Like the one HERE. However, I found it too small and it did not zip (I lost my lipgloss and gum!). Of course, they have since started making ones WITH zippers. I'd recommend one with a zipper than the one I have.

After the above trip, hubby surprised me once again and bought me a D&B WDW crossbody bag. Like the one HERE. (I have pink.) I LOVE THIS BAG!!! It is now my "go to" bag for the parks and home.
    I have a D&B WDW & Cruiseline handbag which I love but wouldn't take to the parks. I REALLY love that crossbody bag! Didn't even know they had those. I am pretty sure I will have to get one while I am down there!

Quote Originally Posted by MissMEY View Post
    I always have my money, room key, gum, phone and hand sanitizer in my bum bag (what you americans call fanny packs).

Then my husband and I always have a camelback water carrier on our backs... Mine holds 1.5L of water and is small enough to keep on my back when on rides (only ride I have EVER been asked to remove it was at Universal). As we travel in August that 1.5L goes quickly so we fill up at water fountains. Saves us a fortune :-)
    I like the camelback idea! Do they keep the water cold at all?

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    Wait though... Even worse than that is when a ride breaks down... Forbidden Journey broke down and we had to take our stuff out of the locker... And conveniently that was when the employees DISAPPEARED...!!! Oh yeh... Imagine 30 people crowding around those annoying kiosks... And one time I couldn't open my locker... Another escapade... "whats in your locker...?" "umm... My backpack...?" "can you show me your ID in there...? "no... It's in my back pocket..." "well can you explain to me some of the pictures on your camera...?" oh yeh that conversation happened...
    That is completely insane!

Oh, it does look smug...
    Theme Park Commandos!
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

~Douglas Adams, 1952-2001~
    Author of Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy

supermariodrums is offline D-Ticket Holder

I usually carry my Nike Livestrong backpack. I almost always carry it because I travel in the cooler florida months so in the morning you need a sweatshirt but by the afternoon its pushing 70's or so. it's nice to be able stow hoodies in there. Also I carry extra camera stuff, ponchos, deodorant, and merch if it is the day before we check out. I don't think I could go to WDW without a bag.

Although I would like to get something a bit more comfortable to wear. I prefer the 2 shoulder strap kind and I want a chest strap as well. Anyone have any suggestions? The last trip took a toll on my back from lugging around so much junk.
    Disney World is not just a place, but an experience.

Back in the world for the 2013 Marathon Weekend!

WDW

MissMEY is offline C-Ticket Holder

[QUOTE=Tinkerkell123;989207]Oh, I like that one!

I like the camelback idea! Do they keep the water cold at all?

Camelback is fab. We find the water stay cool for around a couple of hours which is extended when we added ice to around 3/4 hours. However we fill up with fresh water whenever we pass a water fountain.

Staying at Old Key West & cruising on the Disney Fantasy

HOST AT THE MINNIE MINXES DISNEY PODCAST
    An all-female Disney podcast from the UK

www.facebook.com/theminnieminxesdisneypodcast
    Our Blog http://theminnieminxes.blogspot.co.uk Our Twitter@theminnieminxes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12