Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Travel bag/Backpack in parks in the Vacation Planning forums; So what bag do you carry in the parks? I usually carry a big backpack with water bottles, snacks extra t-shirts, etc. for everyone but since I am going semi-solo ...
    Tinkerkell123 is offline A-Ticket holder

Travel bag/Backpack in parks

So what bag do you carry in the parks? I usually carry a big backpack with water bottles, snacks extra t-shirts, etc. for everyone but since I am going semi-solo I am downsizing!

What's your favorite?
    Theme Park Commandos!
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

~Douglas Adams, 1952-2001~
    Author of Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Re: Travel bag/Backpack in parks

If I am doing normal touring I use either my Walt Disney performing arts or WDW radio drawstring backpacks. If I am doing like the a quick tour or do everything or die I use my disney fanny pack ( I hate it but it is so nice when you only need your wallet and autograph book)
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

If you can manage to do it, I usually only carry a wristlet. It's not big and bulky on the rides, you won't hate carrying it, and it holds all the essentials - money, room key, gum, chapstick, sunscreen, etc.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

This is my pack...the best I've ever owned. It's been to Disney about a dozen times.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

UBMICK35000 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Since the four things I need most when visiting WDW are my wallet, watch, camera and poncho, all fit neatly into a fanny pack.

It's also a lot quicker when going through the bag check.
    [indent]Who says you have to grow up? - Walt Disney

07 / 1990 off property
    09 / 1992 off property
    06 / 1997 Wilderness Lodge
    07 / 2000 Port Orleans
    06 / 2002 Wilderness Lodge
    12 / 2003 Grand Floridian
    09 / 2005 Disneyland Hotel
    09 / 2006 Boardwalk
    06 / 2007 Contemporary
    06 / 2008 Riverside
    03 / 2009 Caribbean Beach
    10 / 2010 Yacht Club
    05 / 2011 Polynesian
    12 / 2011 Disneyland Hotel
    06 / 2012 Disney Magic
    05 / 2013 'Grand' Californian
    12 / 2013 'Grand' Floridian

2009 D23 Charter Member

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

I have really enjoyed the few days where I took nothing that I couldn't get in my pocket! It felt weird but was sort of fun to go through the "no bags" line.

I normally take a small purse that I can sling over my head. It needs to be small enough to not need to be taken off on rides and can easily sit with me through various seat belts. I try to have carry only the bare necessities.

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

I was so thankful of the day when our youngest was out of diapers and could walk longer distances. I feel so "free" in the parks not lugging around a big diaper bag and stroller. If you don't have to, I don't see why people lug around big backpacks and bags in the parks.

For my first time in the park without "baggage", I used a D&B WDW wristlet my hubby bought me. Like the one HERE. However, I found it too small and it did not zip (I lost my lipgloss and gum!). Of course, they have since started making ones WITH zippers. I'd recommend one with a zipper than the one I have.

After the above trip, hubby surprised me once again and bought me a D&B WDW crossbody bag. Like the one HERE. (I have pink.) I LOVE THIS BAG!!! It is now my "go to" bag for the parks and home.
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

I love the crossbody bags! You can keep them on on rides and it is easy to get seat belts through and can seat comfortably still. Would love a D&B one!

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

This is my relatively new bag that I got for school. I've used it on one Disneyland trip so far. I've never had a backpack with more space than this one except for hiking packs.

Nike Store. Nike Ultimatum Utility Training Backpack

I can easily fit 7 textbooks in here. I fit three sweaters and a pair of sweatpants in the main pocket and a DSLR in the middle pocket. I only bring a pack when I go with other people because I carry their things as well. I bring no bag whatsoever when I'm by myself although it's not that often.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

I have a Swiss army backpack I use... Same concept... Holds a lot... I wear it on the plane and that's what I use in the parks... But honestly if I know I don't need to carry anymore than my video camera (which is also my still camera many times) my phone and wallet, I go in without a bag... I strap the amera to my hand tight... It doesn't bother me and no one bothers me with it on rides... Even Splash...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

The day I no longer needed to bring a diaper-backpack into the parks was the last day I ever did. We might carry in one bottle of water beyond that we do not pack for the parks. If it is a weather issue, I will pack a backpack and dump it in a locker as soon as we get into the park, take what I need out of it later and put it right back in the locker. Was so happy never to lug a backpack around the park ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    If I am doing normal touring I use either my Walt Disney performing arts or WDW radio drawstring backpacks. If I am doing like the a quick tour or do everything or die I use my Disney fanny pack ( I hate it but it is so nice when you only need your wallet and autograph book)
    I have a tiny fanny pack that I have only used at Disney and Six Flags, I try to get past my hatred of how they look for the practicality and security of it. My DD chooses the string pack if she takes anything.

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    I love the crossbody bags! You can keep them on on rides and it is easy to get seat belts through and can seat comfortably still. Would love a D&B one!
    I have also taken the crossbody very small purse. Plus it will not hold the families stuff, just mine. I am not everyone's keeper any longer on vacation.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

MissMEY is offline C-Ticket Holder

I always have my money, room key, gum, phone and hand sanitizer in my bum bag (what you americans call fanny packs).

Then my husband and I always have a camelback water carrier on our backs... Mine holds 1.5L of water and is small enough to keep on my back when on rides (only ride I have EVER been asked to remove it was at Universal). As we travel in August that 1.5L goes quickly so we fill up at water fountains. Saves us a fortune :-)

Staying at Old Key West & cruising on the Disney Fantasy

HOST AT THE MINNIE MINXES DISNEY PODCAST
    An all-female Disney podcast from the UK

www.facebook.com/theminnieminxesdisneypodcast
    Our Blog http://theminnieminxes.blogspot.co.uk Our Twitter@theminnieminxes

Campbell87 is offline A-Ticket holder

For the last few trips Ive been using my wdw2010 drawstring back pack and find its perfect for toting about the parks! I can get on all the rides with it (aslong as I havn't done much shopping!) and it hold everything I need whilst out and about during the day.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by MissMEY View Post
    I always have my money, room key, gum, phone and hand sanitizer in my bum bag (what you americans call fanny packs).

Then my husband and I always have a camelback water carrier on our backs... Mine holds 1.5L of water and is small enough to keep on my back when on rides (only ride I have EVER been asked to remove it was at Universal). As we travel in August that 1.5L goes quickly so we fill up at water fountains. Saves us a fortune :-)
    That's another reason I hate Universal. They make you take your backpacks off so they can charge you for a locker. The first 1/2 hr is "free" but if the line is long you'll end up having to pay the ransom to get your stuff back.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

arielfan316 is offline D-Ticket Holder

I had bought a backpack to carry stuff around the parks in, but it came apart at the seams the first day I used it. I bought a bag with the Castle on it at a shop on main street and used that the rest of the trip

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast