Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Phase 1 of Fantasyland in the Vacation Planning forums; Has Disney announced when phase one of Fantasyland going to open?? I open heard from somewhere ( I think d23) that it will be opening in early 2012 but then ...
    wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Phase 1 of Fantasyland

Has Disney announced when phase one of Fantasyland going to open?? I open heard from somewhere ( I think d23) that it will be opening in early 2012 but then I have heard from other sources that it is opening in late 2012. I have a little hope that it will be open when I go in June but then I do I have a feeling of its not.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Phase 1 of Fantasyland

Last I heard is Mid March.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I heard mid-march around Spring Break. Don't know if it will be a scaled-down phase or not.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    I heard mid-march around Spring Break. Don't know if it will be a scaled-down phase or not.
    I'm pretty sure we can count on it being scaled down.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Hitch450 is offline A-Ticket holder

Does anyone know when SWSA is closing? I've seen "summer" but I was just wondering if anyone else had a more exact date.

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Hitch450 View Post
    Does anyone know when SWSA is closing? I've seen "summer" but I was just wondering if anyone else had a more exact date.

The only Operational Updates currently on the Disney site are these:
    • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - Closed For Refurbishment [Monday, January 09 - Sunday, May 27]
    • Dumbo the Flying Elephant - Closed For Refurbishment [Monday, January 09 - Sunday, March 11]
    • Liberty Square Riverboat - Closed For Refurbishment [Saturday, January 28 - Friday, February 03]
    Keep checking back on the Disney site for more updates. They can be found on the park calendar section and then click on a specific date to see the list to the right of the page.

Link HERE

Jennifer
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Last I heard, Storybook Circus is going to be opening in March (was originally February but was pushed back). That includes Dumbo, the train station and The Great Goofini. Not much really in the grand scheme but it'll open up some "room" for crowd control a bit (as compared to how it is now which is insane).

EDIT: Side note, I've heard conflicting reports from WDW Media sites that when it opens, Dumbo won't be operating both sets of elephants and only the new one will be open at first... but... when it was pushed back to March the assumption was to given time to move "old" Dumbo so both could be opened.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe