Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Disney to allow beards in the Vacation Planning forums; Frankly, my kids were out in the world from the time they were 3 months old. Generally around folks with beards and it did indeed put them off. It wasn't ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Disney to allow beards

Frankly, my kids were out in the world from the time they were 3 months old. Generally around folks with beards and it did indeed put them off. It wasn't just facial hair that put my kids off but anything like mohawks or metal piercings sticking out of their faces.

Children programs also fostered that thought too as the bad guys even in animation often played with their facial hair.

I have seen some very uniquely carved facial hair over the last 5 years or so, definitely crafted to garner attention. They get it. I find myself either stare'n or looking away. My conclusion with Disney is the attention of the rule was to keep the CM's nondescript as individuals, so they blend and are not attractions themselves.

They have rules about the color of their hair, piercings, tattoos, color of braces on their teeth, finger nails, right down to very non-logo'd footwear.
    Disney never has encouraged individuality from their employees.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

That's kind of sad, IMO.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

The topic, beards, I really don't have a stand on. Most rules I understand.

The on stage CM's are not hired to make individualized statements. Employees when accepting a job offer are aware a role is assigned to them as CM's. Having a CM with one inch finger nails painted outrageously like some individuals choose would not work well in Frontierland, it conflicts with the role. A purple haired CM working The Great Movie Ride would not translate well in the gangster act. By keeping all the onstage employees neutral safeguards Disney from having to debate individually with the thousands of employees and also keeps lawsuits for discrimination from frequently popping up.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Hmmmm...I can see that point.

I guess I'm just some commie liberal pinko who thinks personal expression is the essence of being a human being. But, I can see the other side of the argument.

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    If children are going to be scared of somebody with a beard they should probably try to get out into the real world a little more often.

As for people in the time of Jesus Christ, I'd say there was likely quite a bit of facial hair. The variation of the razor blade used to remove body hair had not been invented, and beards tend to be quite popular in that region of the world.
    I agree with you about the beards in the biblical days.If some of them did shave their beards,just like you I say what type of razor would they have used?What type of sharp flat object would they have used?Also being that a vast majority of the biblical people are Jewish,their traditions are that men should have beards of some type.(I am not fully educated on the Jewish customs not the present time nor the biblical).So obviously no one really knows what Jesus looked like;but he,being Jewish and the Son of God,would have kept to the Jewish customs,which I would think,he would have had a beard. Cool topic going on here.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123