Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Another Epcot head-scratch-er! in the Vacation Planning forums; so is test track closing down?haven't been keeping up with WDW stuff since I can't go since losing my job.what will replace it when it is redone?...
    Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Another Epcot head-scratch-er!

so is test track closing down?haven't been keeping up with WDW stuff since I can't go since losing my job.what will replace it when it is redone?
    Park Hopper Dad!

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

I believe it is getting a refurbishment and will be closed from 4/12 through 9/12.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Quote Originally Posted by dreamitdoit View Post
    SUCH a bad idea. I could understand if it is for Turtle Talk, but even that isn't very backed up!

Maybe they should spend the money on making future world, I dunno, more FUTURE maybe?
    C'mon, next thing you are going to say is they should make Tomorrowland more futuristic and start with removing the Tomorrowland Raceway.
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by Park Hopper Dad View Post
    so is test track closing down?haven't been keeping up with WDW stuff since I can't go since losing my job.what will replace it when it is redone?
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    I believe it is getting a refurbishment and will be closed from 4/12 through 9/12.
    Correct, this is not a replacement, but a refurb, and a bit of a retheming of the queue areas.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

well actually,I am ready to see a big change for all of WDW! I lost my good paying job in '08 and our last trip to WDW was in '07 which completed a 10 year run to WDW!It was great,can't wait to start another 10 yr run.So to be honest,when you go as much as we did,it's still great to be at WDW but after a while things do become blasae(not sure on spelling),and I remember one year,one day we did all of MK before it even got dark!So to see a lot of changes come to WDW, I say bring it all on!I know T Rex is now at DD,and I know of the Fantasyland expansion.What else have I not heard about? Change! Change! Change! I love the classics too,just like anyone else,but it's time for change.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Well hopefully you'll score another good paying job and you'll get back to see the big changes. When we went in July '11 we hit Snow White right away since it will be gone. I was really disappointed in seeing so many construction walls at the MK.

Well hopefully you'll score another good paying job and you'll get back to see the big changes. When we went in July '11 we hit Snow White right away since it will be gone. I was really disappointed in seeing so many construction walls at the MK.
    You are saying that Snow White's scary adventures is being done away with?Hate to see it go,but I think small rides like that,along with Mr Toad's Wild Ride,(yeah I know it is already gone),have outlived their excitement.I know we still need mild rides for little ones but even that was too scary for small kids.peter pan keep that.But Snow White ride,I won't lose any sleep over its departure.
    Technology has advanced way too far for these rides of the 60's and 70's to still be fun to most people.Older folks like me,over 50,have enjoyed them when younger but if we still rode them now,it's only a nostalgic thing.Haunted mansion is still classic and worth keeping along with Pirats ride.Small world,I can take it or leave it.But I say keep it too.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

They're getting rid of Snow White's Scary adventures? That's the first I've heard of this.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    They're getting rid of Snow White's Scary adventures? That's the first I've heard of this.
    They've been planning it for a while, especially since they announced the Seven Dwarfs Mine Coaster. The location is currently slated to be a new Princess meet and greet, moving them from their temporary location on Main St.

They haven't said when yet.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Yep. Scheduled to be a Princess meet n' greet area, from what I've read on the forums. Who knows.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    They've been planning it for a while, especially since they announced the Seven Dwarfs Mine Coaster. The location is currently slated to be a new Princess meet and greet, moving them from their temporary location on Main St.

They haven't said when yet.
    Yes, bit surprised that they would rip an attraction out for a meet and greet. It isn't like they don't have plenty of empty, original restaurants they could dump the princesses into.

When they halted Fantasyland expansion from the original design of princess and fairyland, re-announced altered plans, brought in a coaster. Official word was they didn't want the Dwarf coaster to have to compete with SNSA. I hope they don't do it. The more attractions to feed guests into the better.

Plus the Meet'n Greet now isn't going all that well, they have fastpasses for it and from what has been said, rarely if ever needed. Hopefully the powers to be have duly noted that before they dump big bugs into demo'ing an attraction and rebuilding a Princess-land.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by Park Hopper Dad View Post
    You are saying that Snow White's scary adventures is being done away with?Hate to see it go,but I think small rides like that,along with Mr Toad's Wild Ride,(yeah I know it is already gone),have outlived their excitement.I know we still need mild rides for little ones but even that was too scary for small kids.peter pan keep that.But Snow White ride,I won't lose any sleep over its departure.
    Technology has advanced way too far for these rides of the 60's and 70's to still be fun to most people.Older folks like me,over 50,have enjoyed them when younger but if we still rode them now,it's only a nostalgic thing.Haunted mansion is still classic and worth keeping along with Pirats ride.Small world,I can take it or leave it.But I say keep it too.
    I agree that technology has progressed but there's a reason why decades later rides like Snow White and Peter Pan remain popular. Maybe it's nostalgia or maybe it's the fact that these characters and stories are still the core of what Disney is. These original attractions need to be kept and the newer ones integrated in with them. Is there really anything wrong with keeping Snow White AND installing a Seven Dwarves roller coaster?

I didn't realise I brought my soap box with me today.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I agree that technology has progressed but there's a reason why decades later rides like Snow White and Peter Pan remain popular. Maybe it's nostalgia or maybe it's the fact that these characters and stories are still the core of what Disney is. These original attractions need to be kept and the newer ones integrated in with them. Is there really anything wrong with keeping Snow White AND installing a Seven Dwarves roller coaster?

I didn't realise I brought my soap box with me today.
    Just remember that is a fan's perspective. My friend Emily made her first visit to WDW three years ago. On her way into the park, the first ride she saw was Snow White. She HATED it, and she wound up skipping a few other rides in Fantasyland before she headed to another area. Since I was the one who she turned to for advice on the parks (being an 'expert' in her eyes, she texted me back as soon as she got off the ride with, "Just got off Snow White. OK, what the heIl was that?" This was coming from a 32 year old, with her 35 year old fiance and his two young children, all of whom were making their very first visit to the park. New visitors don't care that those of us who frequent the parks see these rides as classics. Heck, she didn't even miss Toad or 20K. Why? Because she had no idea it was even there to begin with. Snow White is a cute little ride, but let's face it, it's lame.
    Last edited by supernova; 02-06-2012 at 08:44 AM.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

weepstah is offline C-Ticket Holder

I don't have a problem with dark rides as a type of ride, but technology has advanced enough to seriously consider redoing them. SWSA isn't a very good ride, there are a couple of nice effects but... I just don't see the same audience out there that exists for Peter Pan's Flight or existed for Mr. Toads.

What I would love to see them do is figure out a way to build a dark ride with modular sets that were easy to swap out, and use screens (3-D, maybe?) to cover wow factor show scenes. That way you could use the same building and track but swap out between dark rides for Mr. Toads, Legend of Sleepy Hollow, Alice, 101 Dalmations, Pixar movies, whatever - basically a means to have a rotating lineup of attractions that could be changed out in a week or two. Most of the work would be the creation of the show scenes via programming so all that would be done ahead of time.

Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by weepstah View Post
    I don't have a problem with dark rides as a type of ride, but technology has advanced enough to seriously consider redoing them. SWSA isn't a very good ride, there are a couple of nice effects but... I just don't see the same audience out there that exists for Peter Pan's Flight or existed for Mr. Toads.

What I would love to see them do is figure out a way to build a dark ride with modular sets that were easy to swap out, and use screens (3-D, maybe?) to cover wow factor show scenes. That way you could use the same building and track but swap out between dark rides for Mr. Toads, Legend of Sleepy Hollow, Alice, 101 Dalmations, Pixar movies, whatever - basically a means to have a rotating lineup of attractions that could be changed out in a week or two. Most of the work would be the creation of the show scenes via programming so all that would be done ahead of time.
    So bascially what you are saying is you want dark rides with 3D projections as well. Wouldn't that be The Seas With Nemo and Friends without 3D? I mean the rotating ride is cool, but quite frankly I don't wait in line to go on a ride that is 3D images. I like AA and real and concrete objects, not pictures. That isn't as fun
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast