Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Another Epcot head-scratch-er! in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by HG I believe those are separate issues. Loosing your job alters what you can do no matter how many times you vacationed prior. *sigh* Was he, or ...
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: Another Epcot head-scratch-er!

Quote Originally Posted by HG
    I believe those are separate issues. Loosing your job alters what you can do no matter how many times you vacationed prior.
    *sigh*

Was he, or was he not working during the 8 years he went every year?

If you aren't working, you're not going to WDW, period.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Food on the table vs a vacation? I'm going food. If it's not that dire, then it's not an issue. I might save up for one trip so the family can enjoy. If eight trips are well within one's budget during a time of unemployment, then one can hardly cry poverty.

But then, it's all a matter of making it work. I wonder if he would stay at a moderate resort with a job? If not, then staying value isn't a sacrifice. There are plenty of families who, even fully employed, would rather stay at a value resort so they have a bit more to spend as part of the rest of their vacation.

I see both sides. But I still say, 8 times when you're not working...
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I think he was working then, Mike.

The problem is crying poverty because you "couldn't afford" to stay at the higher end places even though you WENT TO WDW ONCE EVERY YEAR! And as I stated, yes, you could. It's called not going as often.

Man, it's like someone whining about being stuck with a Porsche because they couldn't the Ferrari.

You know, like us folks who have been counting money all of our lives can.

See, now me, I'm thankful for my Ferrari because I have something to drive when the Porche is in the shop.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Hahahahaha...

I know what you mean.

Pretty embarrassing moment yesterday when I realized I was driving TUESDAY'S Bugatti Veyron! Very humiliating...

Gotta keep them color coded. If I'm driving the red Miata, it must be Thursday.

Miata?!

Isn't that for the peasants?

Wait a minute. You're not on another one of your "man of the people" things again, are you?

(shhhh.... I'm trying to bring myself down to everyone else's level)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567