Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Liberty Belle Riverboat in the Vacation Planning forums; The Riverboat was scheduled for a quick refurb, January 28th through February 3rd. After a little more than a day, it is being said she will be down until May, ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Liberty Belle Riverboat

The Riverboat was scheduled for a quick refurb, January 28th through February 3rd.

After a little more than a day, it is being said she will be down until
    May, sometime.

Did someone drop her or what? Not that the Riverboat is an E Ticket attraction but just how many attractions can they take down in that area?

Rumors are that Splash Mountains animatronics are acting up too. Oy.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

cjborne2 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: Liberty Belle Riverboat

This stinks. We didn't go on the Liberty Belle the last two trips. We wanted to do it this time around in April. It looks like we won't be able to
    Law School Family Reward Trip August 2005

Land-Sea-Land Vacation June 2008

Disney Wonder cruise to Alaska June 2011

My Milestone Birthday Trip April 2012

Hitch450 is offline A-Ticket holder

Wow this is no good. Hopefully Splash Mtn isn't in too bad of shape. It better not be closed in early May. How bad are these rumors saying it is?

Hitch450 is offline A-Ticket holder

And what the heck is going on with the Liberty Belle? How do you go from 1 week of downtime to 3.5-4 months?

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

It's shades à la King Arthur Carrousel in 2003. A simple refurb turned into extensive repairs because of poor maintenance since 1955.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Update:

WDW Magic is reporting that The Liberty Square Riverboat is scheduled for a refurbishment in the spring, closing on April 16 2012, and reopening on May 21 2012.

So it went from a week closure to 5 weeks. At least not months. Still wonder what they found that the rehab will take that much longer.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

cjborne2 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Looks like we will catch it the week before it goes down. I hope Splash Mtn will be OK. Thunder will already be down for work.
    Law School Family Reward Trip August 2005

Land-Sea-Land Vacation June 2008

Disney Wonder cruise to Alaska June 2011

My Milestone Birthday Trip April 2012

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Even more reason I think they really should've considered lowering the price of tickets... at least to the Magic Kingdom, during all this. Slowly but surely there's going to be less and less open to guests and they just RAISED the prices!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

It's a long, boring, awful, awful ride that I wonder how many people would miss if it were gone.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Both of my kids enjoyed the Riverboat when they were small. It was also a good chill time for them when they were small, being able to wander from side to side. It is a beautiful boat. I think that is the beauty of Disney, something for everyone. I'd miss her in Liberty Square if she were gone, much like I'd miss the Empress Lilly in DTD.

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    It's a long, boring, awful, awful ride that I wonder how many people would miss if it were gone.
    Yep. It's time for Disney to bust this borin', dried up ol' puppy ALLLLLL the way out and break some new thrill ride ground here...
    How about the new "Rockin' Rivers of America Coaster"?!
    Can ya' just see that paddle-wheelin' mama comin' outta' the water inverted on a track above the river...?!
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Yep out with the old and in with the new thrill rides! Then everyone can complain about how there's none of the classics left or how long the lines are or how many people end up injured/sick after riding or... or... or.... That's how it works right? If we kept everyone happy what would they be negative and complain about?

Me... it's been YEARS since I've done the Riverboat but not on purpose. It's one of those things that as we're traversing through Liberty Square is rarely at the dock when we go by. It's a timing thing. We'll be standing in the queue for HM and see it go by and say "Awwww crud that's right we missed it again." If anything it offers some great views of that side of the park and beautiful photo ops.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe