Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Big changes coming to FASTPASS in March in the Vacation Planning forums; Starting March 7 2012 big changes are coming to FASTPASS, WDW Magic is reporting. FASTPASS news - Big changes coming to FASTPASS in March...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Big changes coming to FASTPASS in March

Starting March 7 2012 big changes are coming to FASTPASS, WDW Magic is reporting.

FASTPASS news - Big changes coming to FASTPASS in March
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

arielfan316 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: Big changes coming to FASTPASS in March

won't effect me personally to much since I always use my Fastpasses within the window, but then again I travel alone so my touring plans are extremely flexible. I can see how this would be a bad thing for larger groups.
    Last edited by arielfan316; 02-06-2012 at 08:59 PM.
    Visits to Disney:

February 2009: off-site 1 day trip to Epcot and Magic Kingdom

February 2010: All Star Movies 7 days, 6 nights of magic

February 2011: All Star Music 7 days, 6 nights of magic

September 2012: All Star Movies 4 days, 3 nights of magic

March 2013: All Star Movies 3 days, 2 nights of magic

April 2013: Pop Century 3 days, 2 night of magic

(Upcoming) January 2014 6 days, 5 nights of magic

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

I could live with those rules, we only use a few fastpasses.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

I can live with this just so the reason I miss the window is of my own doing not Disney's. What if the ADR's are running behind, service is slow,etc.? Stuck on a different attraction?

Now if the rumors of NextGen Fastpass are somewhat accurate this will be annoying. I find it difficult enough to plan ADR's in advance or being told sorry no openings. I'd be really annoyed not to be able to get Fastpasses at all for "E" ticket attractions because they are booked out way in advance.

I also can't imagine trying to meet up with friends at WDW and try and coordinate NextGen Fastpasses.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Will have to adjust our touring plans as we normally "bank" our FPs until we are back in the area or land to use them. We never come back early, but are usually "late" for our window.

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

I'm glad they are enforcing this actually. I always use my fast pass in the window provided, that's why it is there.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

GAN
    GAN is offline A-Ticket holder

I'm all for it ...we've always used them within the window

Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder

I always use my fastpass in the window. I plan around it... if something else gets in the way then I don't ride that ride at that time and wait to ride it later with a shorter line or get another fastpass if available. Good thing they are enforcing
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

norman is offline A-Ticket holder

I LOVE the new rules, people always take advantage of things, that's why rules like this have to be put into place. I Love it!

norman is offline A-Ticket holder

Fastpasses shouldn't be something to work in around your meals, it's enough time to go another ride and come back and enjoy a ride with a shorter wait tiime. period.

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

About time!
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

this is a huge decision... it won't affect me as i always seem to be inside the window... but it will make attractions like Soarin' more legitimate...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

I'm hearing this through channels that are pretty reliable from the inside, so something is definitely afoot. I've got moderately high confidence that at least some level of change is right on the horizon, if not exactly what is beong reported.

Quote Originally Posted by DopeyDancer87 View Post
    I'm glad they are enforcing this actually. I always use my fast pass in the window provided, that's why it is there.
    Actually, one thing I've learned over the years of studying Fastpass, queuing theories, etc. is that the reason the window is there wasn't really because Disney wanted you to return during it. Otherwise they'd be enforcing it a LOT more than they do now. And now they NEVER enforce the end time (start time is ALWAYS enforced). In fact, it is operational procedure to always accept a late FP, as long as it was from that day. (I've seen the document, and if you know where to look, an image of it is out in the wild now) There are VERY RARE circumstances that the attraction manager can direct for CMs to enforce the return times, but to my knowledge it has never actually come up. (Sporadic reports of enforcement are usually on the part of CMs who didn't pay attention to how they are supposed to handle FPs).

The reason why they put an end time? Psychology. During testing it was discovered that if they just put a "return after time", most of the people showed up early or right on time for the first moment they could use it. When they put an end time, it spread things out much further as people seemed to understand the flexibility better.

Still, a number I recently heard was that 80% of all FPS are used within the first 10 minutes of the window, with most of the rest within the hour. Very few are actually used later. Although I don't have verification of this number, it actually fits within observations.

Quote Originally Posted by norman View Post
    I LOVE the new rules, people always take advantage of things, that's why rules like this have to be put into place. I Love it!
    This is actually NOT being driven by anyone taking advantage of anything. This is in advance of introduction of the NextGen/X-Pass system, which will involve something similar but different that Fastpasses, and likely in conjunction with them, but the details are still not well known. That system will follow later, but the changes are coming now to acclimatize not only the guests but the CMs.

Managers will be on hand at the attractions to deal with the guests that get refused. To start, there will probably be a lot of exceptions made, but word will spread.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Quote Originally Posted by joanna71985 View Post
    About time!
    Was wondering what you thought about it.

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

At first, when I read about this, I was a little disappointed. Our touring style was gather FPs in the AM, ride non-FP attractions and then use our FPs when the park started to get busier. We're probably 50/50 on using them during the noted timeframe. If/when the CMs do start enforcing the timeframe, it will take some getting used to. However, it won't throw my whole vacation out of whack. We'll adjust and still have fun. Who knows, it may make touring the parks more efficient for us if we're not backtracking throughout the parks all day.
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast