Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Sorcerers Needed! Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom coming end of February! in the Vacation Planning forums; If you like the Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure at Epcot, I think you're going to like this too. (Maybe, even more!) Disney hinted about this new interactive in-park adventure ...
    TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

Sorcerers Needed! Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom coming end of February!

If you like the Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure at Epcot, I think you're going to like this too. (Maybe, even more!) Disney hinted about this new interactive in-park adventure back in September and then I heard nothing else from them. But, now that is it getting closer for it to be offered to guests, there seems to be more buzz online again.

What is Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom?
    It is an interactive role-playing game located at the Magic Kingdom. Hades, Lord of the Underworld from Hercules, is trying to make the Magic Kingdom his new summer home. With the help of 9 other Disney Villains, Hades is trying to collect pieces of a crystal ball to put back together in order to take over the MK. Merlin the magician recruits guests to become apprentice sorcerers to defeat the Disney Villains who are working to take over the Magic Kingdom. Merlin helps the apprentice sorcerers by providing maps and clues (via portals throughout the park) that show where and how to defeat the army of Disney Villains. It is our job to help Merlin recover the pieces from the villains and keep Hades from taking over. You will be able to use spell cards to defeat the villains.

How do I get started?
    You start at a recruiting station located in the Fire Station on Main Street or Liberty Square (near the Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe). Look for a sign reading "Sorcerers Needed! Enlist Here Today!" You hand a CM your park ticket and they swipe it. (Note: You are only allowed to play once a day.) The CM will hand you a map, five (5) Spell Cards and a special activation key that opens the portals. Then, you watch a short "training video" with Merlin, who explains the game's storyline and your part in it.

What are Spell Cards?
    You use the Spell Cards at each portal to fight the villains. You can accumulate a collection of the Spell Cards during repeat visits to the park. If you get duplicate cards, you may trade with other guests. Looking at the cards, they remind me of Pokemon cards with a character and their strengths. Each Spell Card has an energy attack, energy boost, and energy shield point value. There are 70 different cards to collect.

The cards are divided into nine different spell classes:
    Princess Spell
    Prince Spell
    Hero Spell
    Warrior Spell
    Animal Spell
    Mystic Spell
    Machine Spell
    Toy Spell
    Warrior Spell

Six different spell types:
    Charming, Energy, Flying, Gross, Quick, Strong and Wishful.

Three types of spell values for each card:
    Attack, Boost and Shield.

What are portals?
    Your map leads you to mystic portals through a land where you must use your spell cards to defeat the villains. The portals are hidden within the normal park fascade like a store window. You will know you are close when you see the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom emblem on the ground. (circle of power logo) You will visit several portals to complete your adventure and defeat your villain. The portals are located in Adventureland, Fantasyland, Frontierland, Liberty Square and Main Street U.S.A. There are five portals in each land.

This game is included with park admission.

There will be more updates as this officially rolls-out at the end of the month. This is just to let people know about it and spark some interest.

(I found the above info on numerous sites including allears, Disney Parks blog and micechat.)
    Last edited by TXTaylors5; 02-08-2012 at 02:45 AM.
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Sorcerers Needed! Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom coming end of February!

So this is basically Pokemon for Disney-philes
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Looks like fun for my kids.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW4Ever View Post
    So this is basically Pokemon for Disney-philes
    Initially, you are given five free cards (included with park admission) at the recruiting stations to play the in-park game each day. However, I read that they "may" offer extra cards in the shops for purchase. So, I can totally see where the spell cards could turn into Pokemon-type trading card.

Looking at the different spell cards online, I am excited to collect them as vacation keepsakes. I'm a little too old for Pokemon. I just like the Disney characters on the spell cards.

My kids really enjoy doing the Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure at Epcot. I am not going to tell them about this new game and just let them be surprised. Ever since doing MagiQuest at Great Wolf Lodge, they're into Merlin and mythical games. So, I am pretty sure they will like this game too.

IMHO Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom is a great addition to make the park experience even more immersive. I can't wait!
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)

"Sparkly"

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

The fan base are trading these cards already online on many sights. Have not looked yet on Ebay but I'm sure they will be popping up there shortly.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Has anyone on here been to the Magic Kingdom recently and did this game? If so, what is your opinion??? Inquiring minds want to know . . .
    Upcoming Disney Trips:

"Sparkly"

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!

I've played both now. I think Kim Possible is better, but maybe I just didn't "get" how to play the new game.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

elbowglitter is offline A-Ticket holder

I played while there for the Princess half. It was definitely neat the way the technology worked, and I'm fascinated with how well some of the game stations are hidden. But I don't know how well this is going to go with crowds. Some of the game portals had significant lines at them, and the game is still new. The waiting line for cards got ridiculous at one point as well. I noticed a lot of people getting additional free cards, rather than getting the new user packs. I definitely see Disney charging for this at some point - which would keep the crowds down.

The game had only been open for a few days and already, people had full decks of cards and were trying to get others to trade. They'll make great collectibles.
    Megan

We played briefly on our last trip. It was fun and found out that it will become more challenging as you go along. You'll have to figure out what spell to actually use and sometimes combine spells to get rid of the villian. There are also levels to it which is good for the Disney crazed adults. We met a guy that was 100% addicted to it.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

lazydazy8 is offline A-Ticket holder

We played a couple different days we were in the MK two weeks ago. The cards are pretty fantastic! They are sooo collectible. We played a couple games without fully understanding if we should have used certain spells or not. I can see there is probably more to it than we even understood at the time. Regardless, it was a lot of fun! We're looking forward to playing again in November!

Does anyone have pictures of their spell cards??? I would love to see some current cards. We don't get back to WDW until October. So, I have to live vicariously through y'all for the time being.
    Upcoming Disney Trips:

"Sparkly"