Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss What is MK's Best Kept Secret? in the Vacation Planning forums; My Wife and I will be going to Magic Kingdom in March. It will be our third trip to Disney in four months, (loving our seasonal passes!). That being said, ...
    MDDisneyFans is offline A-Ticket holder

What is MK's Best Kept Secret?

My Wife and I will be going to Magic Kingdom in March. It will be our third trip to Disney in four months, (loving our seasonal passes!). That being said, I'm a huge Disney Fan and I could see the same stuff over and over, but my wife likes for us to change things up and she really enjoys it when I can find new things for us to do and to see. January was our first time staying on Disney property, which we ended up staying at Port Orleans Riverside. This time we will be staying at Coronado Springs. Since it is only a one day stay, we will probably spend a big part of the day enjoying and exploring the resort. We have reservations for an early dinner at the Plaza in Magic Kingdom, so that will be the park we vist.

Ok now that there's been some context added, what is Magic Kingdom's best kept secret?

For example, last time we went to Epcot it was the first time that we went into innovations, everytime before that we just walked right by it to get to the other rides we wanted to do. We discovered a whole new aspect of Epcot.

Any suggestions on some things you've discovered that make your trip a little different in the Magic Kingdom? Lou always mentions on his podcast how Disney is an onion with so many layers and I'm just trying to go to the next layer.

Any ideas would be great! Thanks!

emabee is offline Not too much longer til I'm in the World again!!!

Re: What is MK's Best Kept Secret?

A little something that's nice to hear is when you go down Main Street, to the right down a little street before the bakery, you can go to some of the windows near the back and hear what sounds like people talking and dishes breaking and tap dancers dancing and whatnot.

In addition, I love the flag ceremony that happens every day around 5 or so. They usually take a military person and give the flag to them when they lower it for the evening. It's really quite special. There are all sorts of little things to see and do. I'd just google "magic kingdom secrets" or something to that effect and it will take you to tons of sites that have info on them.
    http://pinefrog.com/DWT/vana.htm

Disney things I love:

The Capt'n:
    Pirates:
    Magic Kingdom:
    All things Alice:

MDDisneyFans is offline A-Ticket holder

Thanks Emabee! This is exactly the kinds of things I'm talking about. Anyone else have any others?

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Window shopping at the resorts. Especially the art shop in the Poly that has the fiberglass stingrays. Very, very cool.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

There are so many wonderful little hidden touches all around the Magic Kingdom. One of my favorites I think is gone now (Tink in the dresser over in Adventureland) but there are so many things that unless you're looking for them, you'd probably miss. The sounds coming from the buildings on Mainstreet is a great example. Of course right now my brain isn't coming up with the list but I'll keep waking up and see what happens. LOL
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

I like the Main Street theme that is going here. If you stop into the hat shop on Main Street (le Chapeau right next to the confectionery) you will find an old telephone and if you pick it up you will here an old party line going on. They say some funny stuff. If you are into the imagineers who helped create the park, you can buy the book "Windows on Main Street" (it is available for like $6 in the store on MS that sells all the artwork) and it describes all of the meanings to the windows lining Main Street. I enjoy it.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

arielfan316 is offline D-Ticket Holder

May not be a secret, but take some time to interact with the Citizens of Main Street. seeing them interact with guests has always been among the highlights of my trips to Disney
    Visits to Disney:

February 2009: off-site 1 day trip to Epcot and Magic Kingdom

February 2010: All Star Movies 7 days, 6 nights of magic

February 2011: All Star Music 7 days, 6 nights of magic

September 2012: All Star Movies 4 days, 3 nights of magic

March 2013: All Star Movies 3 days, 2 nights of magic

April 2013: Pop Century 3 days, 2 night of magic

(Upcoming) January 2014 6 days, 5 nights of magic

wdwfns2 is offline D-Ticket Holder

There's this podcaster guy on some little website that made these audio guides of the Magic Kingdom. I've used those to walk around and look for all the little hidden jems the imagineers put into each land. I've even pointed things out to cast members who were giving me strange looks as I walk around with headphones on taking pictures of things on the shelves.
    Day 1 WDW Radio
    Keep to the code

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Quote Originally Posted by wdwfns2 View Post
    There's this podcaster guy on some little website that made these audio guides of the Magic Kingdom. I've used those to walk around and look for all the little hidden jems the imagineers put into each land. I've even pointed things out to cast members who were giving me strange looks as I walk around with headphones on taking pictures of things on the shelves.
    I agree. The audio guides are great investment if you are looking for hidden gems or great attention to detail. Lou really knows his stuff.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

Quote Originally Posted by wdwfns2 View Post

"A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048