Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Snow White's last scary adventure in the Vacation Planning forums; Has anyone heard any rumors about a closing date for Snow White's scary adventure? We leave for the mouse house in 93 days and Snow White is my DD's favorite ...
    RJPiner is offline A-Ticket holder

Snow White's last scary adventure

Has anyone heard any rumors about a closing date for Snow White's scary adventure? We leave for the mouse house in 93 days and Snow White is my DD's favorite princess. She is only 3 but she would love to ride it. Also I am excited because if the referb stays on schedule we will be there when they open BTMR back up!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Snow White's last scary adventure

The last I heard, the closing of SWSA was to be the last thing for the Fantasyland expansion, so late 2013 or 2014.

Now this week they are saying the the Dwarf Roller Coaster is rumored to be way ahead of schedule and could be in place by the beginning of 2013 instead of the end. If that is the case SWSA could close a few months prior. It was said that they wouldn't take another attraction off line until the coaster was operational. We shall see.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

I would be happily surprised if the Dwarf Coaster is that far ahead of plans... I always did wonder what it is going to look like when New Fantasyland opens with more construction walls... I think that might still look a bit tacky... but maybe they can do some nice theming and we might not notice it... well we might but the average guest probably will not...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

I just saw that Doc started a new thread today saying the SWSA will close this May, on the 31st!

Wooba. Didn't see that one coming.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    I would be happily surprised if the Dwarf Coaster is that far ahead of plans... I always did wonder what it is going to look like when New Fantasyland opens with more construction walls... I think that might still look a bit tacky... but maybe they can do some nice theming and we might not notice it... well we might but the average guest probably will not...
    Ya, they are digging out the underground portion of the coaster, where 20K was. And they are clipping.
    Maybe they are picking up pace of the project because of how quickly some things are changing at Universal??? Have you seen the pictures of the the new, back side of castle wall? It is some nice looking work.

RJPiner is offline A-Ticket holder

That was quick! I saw the news about SWSA this morning. That will work out perfect. During our trip in late May early June . We will be there for the reopening of BTMR plus we will be able to ride SWSA one last time. With half of Dumbo opening in March I wonder when the second dumbo will open?

HauntedGabe -I know Universal is going to open the despicable Me ride, a new parade, and a new night show around their lake what what else are they planing? What are they planing for the now closed Amityville/Jaws area? On a side note can I just say why!? That would be like Disney closing the Jungle Cruise, but t I digress. I hope they bring the Transformers ride to Florida that would make me take a drive across town.

Quote Originally Posted by RJPiner View Post

HauntedGabe -I know Universal is going to open the despicable Me ride, a new parade, and a new night show around their lake what what else are they planing? What are they planing for the now closed Amityville/Jaws area? On a side note can I just say why!? That would be like Disney closing the Jungle Cruise, but t I digress. I hope they bring the Transformers ride to Florida that would make me take a drive across town.
    Well I not exactly the Universal Park expert, but besides what you mentioned there is the whole Part two of Harry Potter. Some of the land to build phase 2 is the Jaws area. The Hogwarts train is to connect between the two parks at the back end of each park. And it will just look like a train, not a train like Disney's. They smooshed Hard Rock, There is a new mini golf that is just about to open that looks pretty cool. Men N Black will be upgraded somehow by the end of May. A rollercoaster with a bank theme/queue. The Aqua "world of color like" fountain sounds really cool too. And there is more, I'm sure that I'm not recalling that others might chime in. I am a big Disney Fan but I have to respect that the Universal Parks have come unto their own, their hotels are fantastic and their transportation shy of the monorail hotels, is superior. And lately with the the condition of the monorail...Universal could have surpassed Disney's transportation.

Universal wasted no time closing Jaws and moving forward with Phase 2, built their golf course quickly.
    I'm thinking Disney is looking at their 5 year plan to finish Fantasyland project is so darn slow in comparison to how quickly HP Phase 1 went in and the construction plan for Phase 2. And a chunk of the new Fantasyland could be geared to younger families. Time will tell how old young male guests will enjoy the Princessland before they rebel. So maybe Disney is trying to step up the construction vs dragging it out for 5 years. Jiminy Crickets, it only 2 1/2 years to build the Sears Tower!