Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss The Circus Has Come to Town!!! in the Vacation Planning forums; DW and I plus our DD and her family rode new Dumbo today after a 45 minute wait and an additional 30 minutes as it broke down just as we ...
    Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL

The Circus Has Come to Town!!!

DW and I plus our DD and her family rode new Dumbo today after a 45 minute wait and an additional 30 minutes as it broke down just as we were supposed to get on. No one knew what the problem was until they called in the engineers and all was well after a complete electrical reset. The new area is grrreat with many Disney touches like "peanuts", "horseshoes", and "elephant footprints" in the concrete. The train station and Goofy coaster are sparkling. The Big Top queue area is still not open and the other Dumbo site is still under construction.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: The Circus Has Come to Town!!!

Here's the thread about the opening, borrowed from "Inside the Magic".
    http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...ening&p=997329
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Cricket View Post
    DW and I plus our DD and her family rode new Dumbo today after a 45 minute wait and an additional 30 minutes as it broke down just as we were supposed to get on. No one knew what the problem was until they called in the engineers and all was well after a complete electrical reset. The new area is grrreat with many Disney touches like "peanuts", "horseshoes", and "elephant footprints" in the concrete. The train station and Goofy coaster are sparkling. The Big Top queue area is still not open and the other Dumbo site is still under construction.
    ya!! thanks for sharing!! i have been watching all the tweets and pics today...so exciting! i go to wdw in 2 months so i cant wait!!!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

The Dumbo waterfall is beautiful at night. Love the changing colors. And Dumbo at the end appears to land in the water. Nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l9_NXtJJkw
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    The Dumbo waterfall is beautiful at night. Love the changing colors. And Dumbo at the end appears to land in the water. Nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l9_NXtJJkw

it is beautiful!! cant wait!!!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Thank for the update

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL

Oh, I forgot to mention that "flying" clockwise on the new Dumbo was a different experience to say the least. I wonder if the old Dumbo will still "fly" counterclockwise?
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 03-13-2012 at 10:44 AM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Disney released a video of the Circus Tent queue-less entry to the Dumbo's. It is a beeper, used in an A/C, indoor playground area within the tent.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/...tent-queue.htm

I remember a multi level, climbing area that was very similar back in the old Toon area after Disney removed the farm animals. There was also a maze along with mist pipes. Seems Disney has re-imagineered some old creations into the new area.

The video shows parents sitting to the side and a handful of children playing. I can only imagine what that tent will look like when it is packed with young and old awaiting their Dumbo experience.

I am guessing that there will have to be a limit on the number of guests experiencing the queue-less area at a given time and only so many pages given out at one time. So my question is, will there be a queue to enter the queue-less queue?

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

WDW1014 is offline Fastpass Holder

excited to see this so soon yayyy
    Visits:
    91= Grand Floridan 01= All Star Sports 11= Music
    92= Grand Floridan 02= All Star Movies 12= Movies
    93= Caribbean Beach 03= Old Key West 13= Sports
    94= All Star Sports 04= Pop Century 14= Sports / Sports
    95= French Quarter 05= Pop Century
    96= Dixie Landing 06= Grand Floridan
    97= All Star Music 07= All Star Sports
    98= All Star Sports 08= Pop Century
    99= All Star Movies 09= All Star Sports
    00= All Star Music 10= All Star Music

Woot! You can tell us how that whole pager experience goes. Interesting concept.

Wonder how many will disappear a day.

Yesterday the construction walls were down around Dumbo II and also in the Casey Splash area. The Imagineers, Training CM's and some of the construction works were splashing around and "testing" out the new splash area.

It appears though that sometime soon the original opening Dumbo Spinner will have to go down for a refurb at some point as it is out of alignment.

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Yesterday the construction walls were down around Dumbo II and also in the Casey Splash area. The Imagineers, Training CM's and some of the construction works were splashing around and "testing" out the new splash area.

It appears though that sometime soon the original opening Dumbo Spinner will have to go down for a refurb at some point as it is out of alignment.
    Oh, that's exciting. I am looking forward to checking out the whole Storybook Circus area when I go in August because, so far, everyone seems to love it. Although I do hope that isn't when the original Dumbo is getting refurbed because I'd love to see them running together.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

So my question is, will there be a queue to enter the queue-less queue?
    I was wondering this also...it seems like there would have to be a line to get into the tent when things get busy...but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

The second ring and interactive queue are currently in a soft opening. Also, you can now get a Fastpass for Dumbo!!! (FP kiosk is currently located near Mickey's PhilharMagic in Fantasyland.)
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"