Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss New Fastpass Bad Experience in the Vacation Planning forums; We were at WDW last week, to experience the new Fastpass enforcement. We had one very unpleasant experience, when trying to use one a little late. Due to heavier crowds, ...
    kahaen is offline A-Ticket holder

New Fastpass Bad Experience

We were at WDW last week, to experience the new Fastpass enforcement. We had one very unpleasant experience, when trying to use one a little late. Due to heavier crowds, and a different wait, we were 45 minutes late to Everest. I knew about the new enforcement, from social media, but there really wasn't much said or posted at the parks. So I thought I would try it and see what happened. Wow, didn't expect the outcome that happened. The cast member demanded to know why I was late. Not nicely asking, very demanding and demeaning. I was shocked and said nothing. She repeatedly demanded to know why I was late. It was awful. I expected a "sorry this is expired" at the very most. Not what I got. There was a manager nearby, so I talked to him and said this was very unlike Disney. He said they want to know why people are late, so they want an answer. I explained that her tone was not really questioning, and it was very uncomfortable. He never once said anything that remotely sounded like any kind of apology for her actions. Anyone else have experiences with this new enforcement, which really is not very well publicized by Disney?

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: New Fastpass Bad Experience

I think it was very well publicized. Even national papers and news was carrying it, it was on the local news down there. For the week prior Disney was telling all the Guests when they purchased tickets that the rule would be enforced. It isn't like it wasn't a rule before. It was very well highlighted in the Daily time table, promently at the top. Big signs were on the fastpass machines, we saw pictures of these examples in the parks all week on the forums, twitter and facebook. Not sure what else you needed to be informed.

What you haven't said is what you replied to the Cast Members when asked? The managers trained the CM's to ask for a reason when approached. It seems the Manager was equally annoyed for not given a reason. The parks are crowded or we went on something else during that time isn't likely going to fly.
    Now, we were stuck on the broken down Monorail for 45 minutes, that might do it or Chef Mickey's is running an hour behind on ADR's, things that can be verified as out of the Guests control and Disney's fault. What you have described is exactly what Disney is trying to put an end to.

I cut the CM's a lot of slack. Can you imagine CM's being instructed to enforce as of Wed. Managers watching them and their coordinators too as Disney stated they would, and countless guests still trying to beat the system? Guests had to have beaten the magic right out of the CM's. And that is just week one. Can you imagine how many more guests are going to try and pull a sob story with the CM's over the next several months? My thought is Guests need to respect the rules and the CM's with the same amount of respect they expect back. That do unto others....
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

The CM's tone is surprising.

norman is offline A-Ticket holder

I totally agree with Hauntedgabe. Also before all this came up I always used the fastpass as it's suppose to be used. I wouldn't have even thought you could go back after the time had run out! It's a shame that so many people take advantage of Disney, Just because they paid for a vacation, They wouldn't even think of doing things like this at others parks.
    It's also like they buy a refillable mug and they think they can refill it for life

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

It's all in how you say something. I'm surprised, I thought Disney had recurrent training for CM's on customer service. Just speculation though. In my organization, I can get anyone to do almost anything. There are ways to express yourself as to not offend someone. I get unhappy customers from time to time, it's the way business is. But every one of them walks away, if not completely satisfied, at least has an understanding as to why the situation happened and how it can be corrected.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

CM's will go back to "smile school" if there is a problem.

The Red Flags in this scenario to me anyhow was, knowing the rules and "testing" the CM's and the rules. Being asked a question by CM's and saying nothing. Needing a Manager to intervene and repeat the question to the Guest that they need to know why? A manager isn't likely to apologize for a CM's behavior when the same Guest is giving them also a difficult time. I'm surmising the actual reason why the guest didn't answer the question is because they knew they were wrong and just wanted to mess with the CM's, the CM's and management are very suave in knowing when Guests are trying to pull a fast one. Likely the tone the Guest had with both of CM's encountered.

During the 24 hour day one "major" podcaster obviously bored tweeted to his entire fanbase that was at the MK to, at 3pm, find a CM and go ask what time the 3 O'Clock parade would be. CM's and management are not at the parks to be "tested" or messed with just to see how they will react. Both of these scenarios that was the sole purpose. Sometimes CM's need to be firm to get through to obnoxious guests. Certain the manager would back the CM on this one.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

norman is offline A-Ticket holder

I think this person was trying to still get her way, and because she didn't the CM was rude! I think it's that simple

ballsportsfan is offline A-Ticket holder

I am the parent of a CM and I am amazed at how well all these young people, mostly college students, maintain their positive attitudes even to the most tired, rude and demanding guests. Granted 99% of the guests are happy and pleasant and follow the rules but it only takes one to ruin everyones day. The CM's work long hours, mostly in the heat, and are there to make sure everyone has a great time with as little inconvenience as possible.Given the crowds and popularity of WDW guests need to keep in mind the hundreds of times each day that someone complains about something or wants the rules bent for them. I wonder how many guests "thank" the CM's for their help and compliment them when they do get the answers they are looking for. Just because you are at WDW and the CM's are trained to make your time at the "happiest place on earth" as pleasant as possible, please do not take advantage of circumstances and complain and be rude to any CM or manager within hearing distance. They, like you, have rules for follow at their jobs.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by ballsportsfan View Post
    I am the parent of a CM and I am amazed at how well all these young people, mostly college students, maintain their positive attitudes even to the most tired, rude and demanding guests. Granted 99% of the guests are happy and pleasant and follow the rules but it only takes one to ruin everyones day. The CM's work long hours, mostly in the heat, and are there to make sure everyone has a great time with as little inconvenience as possible.Given the crowds and popularity of WDW guests need to keep in mind the hundreds of times each day that someone complains about something or wants the rules bent for them. I wonder how many guests "thank" the CM's for their help and compliment them when they do get the answers they are looking for. Just because you are at WDW and the CM's are trained to make your time at the "happiest place on earth" as pleasant as possible, please do not take advantage of circumstances and complain and be rude to any CM or manager within hearing distance. They, like you, have rules for follow at their jobs.
    i am with you here... considering what I've seen through my years visiting WDW... the CM's have a lot to deal with on a daily basis... many tourists are rude and disrespectful and for the most par the CM's keep a smile on their face... if this was a bad experience i am sorry to hear that... but i wouldn't give them too much of a hard time...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Well stated! There has to be a handful of Guests a day that just have to push the CM's to their limit and then complain they are not magical. Likely they could be magical if those few guests each day would just not push the bar.

WDW1014 is offline Fastpass Holder

u should of fought it as much as possible , could of lead to free tickets or something lol
    Visits:
    91= Grand Floridan 01= All Star Sports 11= Music
    92= Grand Floridan 02= All Star Movies 12= Movies
    93= Caribbean Beach 03= Old Key West 13= Sports
    94= All Star Sports 04= Pop Century 14= Sports / Sports
    95= French Quarter 05= Pop Century
    96= Dixie Landing 06= Grand Floridan
    97= All Star Music 07= All Star Sports
    98= All Star Sports 08= Pop Century
    99= All Star Movies 09= All Star Sports
    00= All Star Music 10= All Star Music

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

i've been watching this thread for a few days and decided to add my 2 cents in.

i worked for 7 years at a major museum in chicago as floor staff and dealt with a lot of similar situations that cms do!

one of the major similarities we had with disney was our special exhibits with timed entry. a guest choose a time to enter the exhibit and was supposed to be there at their time. however, in order to accomodate our guests we would allow them entry into the exhibit after their time. however, we had to enforce this after a while, because of crowd control and flow. there are fire codes that had to be followed and we could not have a certain number of people in an exhibit space, so those timed entry times allowed the flow to not crowd up! also we had movies that we showed that had a certain time. the guest was told to arrive at least 10 minutes early to be seated. just like in a real movie theater, the movie starts at a specific time. never really understood people who came 10 minutes before the movie ended and we could not admit them and they became upset about it. i am sorry but you missed 98 percent of the movies.

while fastpass doesnt neccessarily work with fire codes, it does work with guest flow, if you dont return during your designated time the standby line will grow longer when the fp line gets longer when everyone decides to come back at 8pm when they were supposed to be back way earlier in the day.
    i always have used my fastpass during the designated time, except once on my last trip for TSMM because the CM told me to come back later. but now with the time being enforced, i am happy bout it. this has always been the rule, just now has to be enforced, especially with the new xpass coming soon.

i also wanted to add, we rarely got compliments from our guests, even when we went out of our way to accomadte them. we knew all the tricks and stories people would tell just to get things to work in their favor. many times i was yelled at for enforcing rules that i had to follow. just a note too, yellin at the people that are there to make your visit happy and fun, be it at wdw a museum or wherever will not help you more than calmly talkin to them and explaining ur situation.
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

prickle is offline Fastpass Holder

I just returned from Epcot and have a fast pass experience to share. We fast passed Soarin at 11a.m. and recieved a time of 7:15 p.m. We got to Soarin and the fastpass line time read 7:20. I went to the front of the line and the poor young female cast member was being yelled at because they couldn't get in before their fast pass stated time. I showed her my pass and was let through. Then the crowd turned on me and started calling me names because I went in and they had been in line. Sorry! My pass time is here!!!
    The poor CM, they were inches from her face.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I've hated the Fastpass system from the day they started using it. I'd just as soon see it go bye bye forever.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

unfortunately it won't because it allows Disney to make more money... the less time your on line, the more time you have to buy food and souvenirs...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast