Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Where in WDW would you want your last remains to be laid? in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by mickeytoo BTW... You can leave some of your DNA/self at WDW while you're still kickin' if ya' want - like many of us haven't left enough blood, ...
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Where in WDW would you want your last remains to be laid?

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post
    BTW...
    You can leave some of your DNA/self at WDW while you're still kickin' if ya' want - like many of us haven't left enough blood, sweat and tears there over the years as it is - just go get a haircut at the barber shop, or somethin' like that, and ask to bag the clippings as a souvie...then just empty 'em in your favorite spot(s)...!
    Why go through all of that trouble? With so many visitors coughing into their hands, picking their nose, sweating, and god knows what else, there's MORE than enough DNA left behind on those fingerprint machine thingies.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

KevinFSU is offline A-Ticket holder

I routinely tell wife and kids that I want to be cremated and sprinkled all over Disney World. I would think the easiest place would be in the bodies of water around Disney. It would be fairly easy to rent some sort of water craft at various locations and go around and dump parts of me....lol. Less likely that anyone is going to see it being done as well. No big ceremonies. Just give everyone bits and pieces of me and off they go for the day to scatter. Everyone can meet back up later for dinner and celebration.

PopsFreshenmyre is offline A-Ticket holder

Wow what a question. Believe it or not I host a podcast called the WDW Big Q and this was going to be an episode topic! Yes, this exact question!
    Such a tough one, I'd love to be in burning Rome on spaceship earth. Appropriate, and I would smell awesome forever. Though I would not mind being under the feet of the skeletons playing chess.

Check out my podcast for discussion on similar topics wdwbigq.podomatic.com
    Episode 7- Surviving a zombie outbreak in WDW.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

I am so right there with everyone who said they've often joked about this. Thing is, I'm not so much sure that I've been joking when I said it. I want to be cremated, of that there is no doubt but do I really want to spend eternity in a jar on the mantle? No way right? In all seriousness, knowing full well that's it's completely illegal to do, I think I do want my ashes spread on property (though who knows how I'll feel about that as we near my passing). It's already my heart's home. It's the one place I think about more than anywhere else. It's a place where so many memories from my lifetime were made. Why not?

So to the question of where... my initial instinct was somewhere in Bay Lake or the Seven Seas Lagoon (probably the latter if I went with a body of water since it's Disney made vs. Bay lake which was always there). Then I got to thinking and thought maybe the water around the hub at MK (where the swan boats used to be) or maybe the fountains outside of Imagination (oh that would be horrible - some poor kid gets a faceful of me from the jumping fountains). It's so hard to decide (and that's just bodies of water)! Guess on the next trip I'll have to really think about it. With my passion for extinct attractions, maybe I could get dumped into something abandoned or built on an "old" foundation but refurbed into something new.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

If I were ever violated the law *wink* in such a way I would have my heirs spinkle my ashes in Liberty Tree (the actual tree not the inne) at MK and some over at the gardens by the AMerican Adventure in EPCOT. But Definitely at the Liberty Tree. I might go so far as to leave a modest amount of cash to pay for a round trip plane ticket and admission to MK to make it happen. Nope have put no thought into this subject aty all.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by DVCDad View Post
    One of the last things my wife told me was "Don't take the kids to the cemetery to visit me. Take them to WDW because that's where I'm going."

My daughter Jessica believes that the 4 heart shaped fireworks in WISHES is Mommy sending us hugs from Heaven. She says she lives just above the castle.
    Incredibly uplifting aspect of such a loss. I'm sorry for your loss.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

disneyfire is offline A-Ticket holder

I'd have to say splash mountain. Anywhere inside
    oh, and somewhere in Vegas. Lol

DisneyGuy81 is offline D-Ticket Holder

It would definetly be the Haunted Mansion. It has always been my favorite ride!
    -Scott

The Happiest Place on Earth!!!

Csmith041177 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Best topic ever!!! For me, definately in the ball room in Haunted Mansion!!

Knowitall182 is offline A-Ticket holder

close to the United States pavilion in EPCOT, close enough to hear the voices of liberty. Seems like a peaceful enough place to lay for all eternity

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

I'd say right in front or near the Partners statue... and spread some inside Space Mountain...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123