Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Major Power Outage at TTC Today in the Vacation Planning forums; The TTC had a major power outage today for almost 12 hours. Guests purchasing tickets needed to float to Guest Relations for MK ticket purchases with a 3 hour or ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Major Power Outage at TTC Today

The TTC had a major power outage today for almost 12 hours. Guests purchasing tickets needed to float to Guest Relations for MK ticket purchases with a 3 hour or so wait. Guests getting into fights. Has anyone seen a Disney News Report anywhere or Photo's? I'm seeing pictures of the new monorail wrap but not this.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: Major Power Outage at TTC Today

Doesn't sound quite as menacing as the report you saw.

http://orlandoparksnews.blogspot.com...-at-magic.html

I give you credit, you are far more tolerant than I would have been. I won't stand in line 3 hours for a ride let alone for the right to purchase a ticket. I'm of the age after morning coffee and a drive into the parking lot, tram, I'd be bummed with the lack of restrooms at TTC as were the cast members. I'd be bummed to only be able to purchase a one day pass if I was starting my vaction, btw, very busy day as the first day of the Easter Break crowd. I guess some Guests took the lines for ticket purchases in stride, what is 2 or 3 hours? Ouch.

Cast Members were able to convience about 1/3 of TTC guests to stand in line for the Epcot monorail, purchase their tickets at Epcot, get back on monorail and go back to TTC and transfer to the monorail to MK. Nope, not menacing at all for the Guests, who would mind? 2/3 of the Guest took their chances and crossed the lake to the tiny Guest Relation booth. There is not ticket sale booths at the MK as most guests either have tickets or go through the TTC. Other 3 parks have ticket booths and guest relations. The line grew to 2 hours in the morning and 3 hours by early afternoon. Even after the power was restored, it took hours before the small guest relations building was able to catch up. One Guest got so angry and lost it and gained entry through the turnstiles by hitting a CM that tried to stop him.

Power Outage at the Transportation and Ticket Center

The Magic Kingdom Transportation and Ticket Center experienced a power outage early this morning and the building currently has limited power. For this reason, be aware of the following operational adjustments:
    • The monorails and Guest Trams have not been affected, and will therefore continue to be operational;
    • The Guest restrooms at the Transportation and Ticket Center are currently not available;
    • At this time, ticket sales are being done manually and Guests may still purchase a One Day, One Park Ticket. Guests who wish to upgrade their ticket to a multi-day or multi-park ticket may do so at other Main Entrance Ticket locations across property.
    The TTC was only suffering a power outage for 11.5 hours.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Touring Plans:
    Transportation and Ticket Center Power Outage with Ticketing Down

by R. A. Pedersen 2 Comments

UPDATE: We have been advised that Transportation and Ticket Center has regained full power as of 4 p.m. and has resumed normal operations. Word on the ground was that during the worst of it lines for tickets at the Magic Kingdom were around 2 hours. So in reference for the future – turn around and go to Epcot or any of the nearby resorts if you should run into this problem firsthand.
    Originally posted March 31st..
    We have been advised by cast members at the the Magic Kingdom that the Transportation and Ticket Center experienced a power outage early this morning, and the building currently has limited power. The building is the gateway to the Magic Kingdom, where guests transfer from the parking lot to the theme park via the ferry boat or monorail system.
    The monorails and trams are operational. Guest restrooms are closed. At this time, ticket sales are being done manually, and guests may still purchase a One Day, One Park Ticket. Guests who wish to upgrade their tickets to a multi-day or multi-park ticket may do so at any other theme park. We’ll update this story if we have more details later today. Otherwise, avoid trying to buy or upgrade tickets from the Magic Kingdom today – utilize resorts and other theme parks.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Egads...I would have thought they'd have backup plans in those cases...I definitely would have hopped on the quickest bus to any other park, and either went to that park or then bus-hopped back to MK. Guest Relations at MK must have been a nightmare as well.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

I agree. Most people purchasing tickets at TTC are off sight folks and unfortunately so many do not know what we do and how to get around a situation like that.

The CM I talked to said it was worse than the 24 hour day and Story Book soft opening combined. The CM's at TTC were not taking the heat from Guests nearly as badly as the CM's at Guest Relations or Turn Stile CM's. Guest just were unaware of what they were in for until they crossed the lake. Restrooms are very limited outside the parks and there were some issues with the lines for those as Guests waited hours for their tickets.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

edit
    Last edited by Mo Noyz; 04-02-2012 at 11:54 AM.

tiggerguy is online now All Around Good Guy

calm down people
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I think if I saw that kind of wait, I'd switch to another park for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    HG, you truly are a complainer. I would certainly hate to be standing next to you, or somebody like you, in that situation.

Since stories are varied here, i.e. first it was a three hour wait, then suddenly AT ITS WORST it was magically only two hours. I'm guessing there is some embellishing going on here, and since you've been on an overreaction kick about on property transportation and wait times recently you're running like the wind with this story. Besides, back in the day when it was all cash transactions at the ticket window I remember standing in line for a solid 45 minutes on a Saturday morning.

Power outages are a fact of life. Oh well.

Grow up. Be patient. Move on.

You act as though they did this on purpose.
    Well thank you Santa for the critique on my being. Eloquently stated all while maintaining your status as a gentleman. Thank you for phrasing it in such a respectful manner. Indeed a mature man worthy of delivering advice on patience. An insightful, intelligent post, you should teach. It would be a treat to stand in line with you for several hours and just absorb your advice and wisdom about edict and decorum. What a privilege and honor it has been to be graced with your intellect especially at the early hour you took the time to post your thoughts. A treat indeed.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

Makes me put ticket buying on my list of things TO DO this week.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Well thank you Santa for the critique on my being. Eloquently stated all while maintaining your status as a gentleman. Thank you for phrasing it in such a respectful manner. Indeed a mature man worthy of delivering advice on patience. An insightful, intelligent post, you should teach. It would be a treat to stand in line with you for several hours and just absorb your advice and wisdom about edict and decorum. What a privilege and honor it has been to be graced with your intellect especially at the early hour you took the time to post your thoughts. A treat indeed.

I deleted that post, BTW. Before you offered your sputtering rebuttal.

Did you ever happen to sue McDonalds for their hot coffee?

tiggerguy is online now All Around Good Guy

like I said earlier PLAY NICE
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    Makes me put ticket buying on my list of things TO DO this week.
    I'm right there with ya! It is getting close!