Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Question about The Land at Epcot in the Vacation Planning forums; I'm pretty much 100% sure he's in agreement with you......
    mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

Re: Question about The Land at Epcot

I'm pretty much 100% sure he's in agreement with you...
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post

Yeah I really think so too.But sometimes we do miunderstand what people are saying sometime. I guess with all of the "dumbing down" it's dumbed me down some too.LOL! I'm just a silly boy!
    Park Hopper Dad!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Yep. Sorry state. I had heard before my April trip that the barking dog in the farm scene, the dog just disappeared but was still barking. When I was there I was watching listening for his bark. Dog wasn't there and they just dubbed his bark out, poorly. Seriously Disney can't just repair the Dog?

The one thing I did notice about future world beyond the the despair the pavilions were in was the grounds just are aging. It looks old and in need of a nice face-lift beyond paint. Between those strange monuments and old retro planters, fencing seeing better days, Future World is just kind of depressing to stroll around.
    The landscaping isn't fresh, the ponds are boring and old fashion looking. Nothing screams inviting. Even after the mega store was remodeled it smells of sea container mildew.

I was there during the flower and garden time and the flowers were so pretty sitting in their neglected and ancient planters. The flowers and infrastructure were at odds with each other.

Oddly, I didn't mind the Land ride being canned audio. I was surprised at that.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post
    Hence my "preaching to the choir" comment.

We still do The Seas, but it's becoming more and more depressing each visit.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    The one thing I did notice about future world beyond the the despair the pavilions were in was the grounds just are aging. It looks old and in need of a nice face-lift beyond paint. Between those strange monuments and old retro planters, fencing seeing better days, Future World is just kind of depressing to stroll around. The landscaping isn't fresh, the ponds are boring and old fashion looking. Nothing screams inviting.
    I wonder how much of this observation is because you (we) are frequent visitors. With new and infrequent visitors spending more time with their noses stuck in maps or staring at their phone insisting on using some stupid touring plan, do they really bother to stop and smell the roses, as they say? Once you're taken out of the big picture and can start appreciating the details, I think that's when the neglect becomes far more apparent.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I'd say that's a spot on observation.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I wonder how much of this observation is because you (we) are frequent visitors. With new and infrequent visitors spending more time with their noses stuck in maps or staring at their phone insisting on using some stupid touring plan, do they really bother to stop and smell the roses, as they say? Once you're taken out of the big picture and can start appreciating the details, I think that's when the neglect becomes far more apparent.
    You said it perfectly.Oh but think back for a moment.remeber when we were first-timers at WDW? Gosh, I was so overwhelmed,I think I actually started crying.I do remember having my nose stuck in the maps and being "Mr. Know How To Find It All" tour guide.LOL. But as time went on and we frequented WDW every year for the 10 yrs,we did notice much more,of the beauty of the landscaping like at Canada Pavilion and such. Maybe I was blind to it,but I am not recalling any neglect in the grounds and such.But remember too yall,I haven't been back since '07.
    Park Hopper Dad!

I went about every other month when I was a kid, so I don't ever recall being overwhelmed. I was too young my first trip there. And then it became just another Saturday afternoon.

I have seen a huge difference in the grounds since the 70's, though. The cleanliness and upkeep is an abomination these days, in comparison. Started going downhill in the mid to late 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    I went about every other month when I was a kid, so I don't ever recall being overwhelmed. I was too young my first trip there. And then it became just another Saturday afternoon.

I have seen a huge difference in the grounds since the 70's, though. The cleanliness and upkeep is an abomination these days, in comparison. Started going downhill in the mid to late 90's.
    I am sorry to hear that.But of the time my family and I have been there,everything was tip top! Hinestly,I didn't see any slacking on the grounds,on the landscaping or nothing. But that doesn't mean you didn't see the stuff,I just didn't. I was overwhelmed because my first trip to WDW was in 1987. I was 28 yrs old.I, like many, grew up watching Disney on tv and I wanted to go to Disneyland so bad I couldn't stand it.This was before WDW was ever built.Then in the 70's my parents never took us to WDW.So it was an overwhelming site and emotional experience for me on my first time.Then in '98 when we took our girls for their first time,the ole daddy got choked up again,see ing them enjoying WDW as children where I did not get to.Our 10 year run to WDW allowed them to grow up going down every year,so this way they remember everything as they got older,and not go just once when they were little and then they say,'I don't remember going to Disneyworld". Mine can never say that. Sorry about the book,I get started and can't stop.LOL
    Park Hopper Dad!

Trust me, if you had seen the parks in the 70's and early 80's you'd notice a huge difference in how they are kept up. They are far dirtier these days, and the landscaping isn't quite the perfection it once was.

Trust me, if you had seen the parks in the 70's and early 80's you'd notice a huge difference in how they are kept up. They are far dirtier these days, and the landscaping isn't quite the perfection it once was.
    I am curious as to how you mean that.Please elaborate a little on that. Because like I said,things seemed to be pretty tip top when I have been there. I just want to understand better since I didn't go there until '87.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Lots of garbage laying around. Wrappers, cups, etc. You never saw that back then. Disney over-payed their housekeeping, support, and maintenance workers back then, and it really showed.

You would never see empty planters, dead flowers on a bush, etc...

Parks were absolutely pristine in those days.

I stopped going on a regular basis around '85/'86. Then started going again in the mid 90's. I noticed a huge shift through that period of time.

Lots of garbage laying around. Wrappers, cups, etc. You never saw that back then. Disney over-payed their housekeeping, support, and maintenance workers back then, and it really showed.

You would never see empty planters, dead flowers on a bush, etc...

Parks were absolutely pristine in those days.
    Well stuff like that,yeah I've seen it,but it wasn't so bad,even though it should never be,and I agree with you 100%.We live in a different society of people these days in comparison to how people treated others and others properties such as WDW.Now days people are so hard hearted and self centered,that I really can't understand why someone's mentality would be so deep in the gutter to trash someone's grounds,whether it be WDW or someone's home.I not sure if I would say Disney is dropping the ball,but rather,the handful of inconsoderate guests are dumping their empties on the ground when they could walk a few feet to a trash bin.Society in individual pockets have no regard for anything decent.
    As far as empty planters go,I guess I try to see the good in things and give the benefit of the doubt and figure the Disney gardeners just haven't gotten to those empty planters yet. However,I do understand your frustrations.because I have frustrations in other ares,namely how high stuff costs because of nothing but GREED! I don't know if we will ever get to go back to WDW unless I strike it rich.Fat chance of that.LOL.
    Park Hopper Dad!

I stopped going on a regular basis around '85/'86. Then started going again in the mid 90's. I noticed a huge shift through that period of time.

I guess my observation would be this: for you that are lucky and live down there and can go when you please,you do see the less than pristine grounds and other slacking.But for those of us that get to come once and some twice a year,we pretty much don't notice the slackness as someone that worked there or frequents WDW as you are able.Us tourists that have to drive down or fly,we only look for stuff like what we will do,what rides to go on,what shows to see,etc. Not literally of course,but I'm just using that as an example.We all do see the grounds the slackness but I think we visitors tend to not let it dwell in our minds.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast