Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Question about The Land at Epcot in the Vacation Planning forums; Well, first of all, I no longer live there. I live in Missouri. Secondly, I've only been to WDW twice in the last decade. The differences are very noticeable....
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: Question about The Land at Epcot

Well, first of all, I no longer live there. I live in Missouri.

Secondly, I've only been to WDW twice in the last decade.

The differences are very noticeable.

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

[QUOTE=Mo Noyz;1011318]Well, first of all, I no longer live there. I live in Missouri.

Secondly, I've only been to WDW twice in the last decade.

The differences are very noticeable.[/QUOTE

Yeah I'm sure they are.But like I said for you going there a lot like you said you used to do,in my opinion makes a bigger difference than us once a year visitors. You probably got burned out on WDW going there a lot growing up,cause I know I did for a while on our amusement park in our major city here where I live.Too much burns us out maybe.But anyway, I fully respect your words because you are much more accurate than I would be.I guess us visitors are too excited just being there and maybe we try to see the good and let our eyes bypass the not so good.
    Anyway,I enjoyed our conversation on this. I am slowly coming back into the forums again.I guess I got "burned out" on them here myself.Cause for a while most posts to me were getting boring. So anyway,let's continue our conversing here in the forums on another topic as we find it.Cheers!
    Park Hopper Dad!

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

One thing that has never happened to me is burning out on WDW, I can assure you that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    One thing that has never happened to me is burning out on WDW, I can assure you that.
    Well ok,wasn't implying anything.Basicly just making a statement in general.Moving on now........
    Park Hopper Dad!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Actually the parks have become much cleaner again. The management has a new attitude that they are implementing or at least most of them. They are leading by example. The one thing I did notice in my trip in April was the amount of "shirts" out and about. Most carried little garbage picker-uppers sticks. While I was waiting for my son to let me into the Magic Kingdom nearing noon, there were several levels of management out observing and each and everyone that I watched for about 30 minutes or so were picking up stray water bottles, time schedules etc that were left behind.

From how it was explained to me, management will haul out a box of time schedules or maps and restock racks themselves if they see they are empty. Not because there are not CM's they could remind to restock, 'cause it is that front line CM's role in that position in the first place, but to reinforced the fact that all roles have responsibilities and management is willing to do what the CM has not. Goal, CM's WILL do it the next time or likely it will be noted by management that particular CM is not cutting it. Same goes for custodial, if management is picking up garbage, so should everyone else.

But I think there is only so much those managers can do, it is out of their realm to be able to update a park or even replace a bush. But I'll take the cleaner. It really is much cleaner than it had been.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Well that is certainly great news. When my wife and I went in 2001 we were both absolutely astounded by how dirty the parks were. They were a little better when we went in'06 and '10, but still nowhere near the cleanliness you once used to see.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

My take on it is that they have spent so much money on sheer cosmetic work to the facades, fences, trees, sidewalk replacement and so forth that there has been a real push to not let the daily stuff slip.

I always found DHS to be the grimiest especially down Sunset and especially near Rock'n and Tower along with the theater/Fantasmic area. So many guests in a small area the sidewalks were always icky grimy looking and you can't powerwash during the day. One of the cosmetic things that has changed is the sidewalk is now now stained black. Downside, it is even hotter but the daily grim doesn't show. So many of the sidewalk/street areas in the studios are narrow it doesn't take much for that park to look icky during the day. Maybe not any less clean it just appears that way because it is so compact and the Toy Story area especially. The icky roach bugs I saw crawling about at night was enough for me.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

I guess my question would be, if a family or adults or anyone has the money to go to WDW,then that in itself should say that they obviously work and have jobs and most likely a home,and you would just think that people that can afford to go to WDW would be "better people" to have decentcy in their values to put their trash in the trash bins. But unfortunately that is not the case. That is the part of the human nature that doesn't really care what they do. We all have it, but I would say most of us are able to overcome a "don't care" attitude and do the right thing in life and live as decent people.
    But I am glad to hear that there has been some changes made in management so that they are "shoring up" the CM slackers.The management should not have to do the jobs of the CM and if they are having to do them, then the CMs are slacking.That is what I am gathering from the post.So management sets the example by doing the jobs if the CMs are slacking but yet they then have to tighen up or lose their jobs.That sounds good to me.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Yeah, wealth in no way equates to a civilized nature.

Yeah, wealth in no way equates to a civilized nature.

Unfortunately you are correct.
    Park Hopper Dad!

We've lived below the poverty line, and we have far more manners than most WDW guests.

We've lived below the poverty line, and we have far more manners than most WDW guests.
    I know it's all about how parents raise their kids.But then you have to llok back to see if even the parents were raised right by "their" parents,and so forth. I was raised in an average middle class family,we were I'd say,on the lower middles scale of the middle class.Dad worked a laborer's job,mama worked at JC Penney's,I worked at a motel when I turned 15.We took one vacation a year,usually to Panama City Beach,and one year to Daytona,which we hated(in comparison to PCB). Never had alot of money but we never went hungry either.Mama raised us kids in church and we know Jesus and fully believe in God.
    I am sorry to hear your raising was in poverty;I do hope you are financially better now.I've worked every since I was 15 and not in the best of careers but currently I am unemployed.I lost my job in '08 and haven't had a steady job since aug of last year.had one and lost it too due to apts I painted being sold to new owners.
    All that to say this: Money doens't determine how good of a person someone is,or if their morals and values are good or not.The way people display themselves in public,such as what our topic is here,is just a reflection on how they were raised.
    Park Hopper Dad!

I wasn't raised in poverty, my wife and I lived in it for about a year or two when we first moved in together. We were both raised middle class as well. My father was a superintendent on a golf course that used to sit across the street from Universal, and my mother was a nurse.

I wasn't raised in poverty, my wife and I lived in it for about a year or two when we first moved in together. We were both raised middle class as well. My father was a superintendent on a golf course that used to sit across the street from Universal, and my mother was a nurse.
    I type a lot when I type,because I have a gift of writing from God. I type articles, and various things, and I write an article each month for our church bulletin. So even on this forum,I type a lot because I have lots of thoughts running through my head as I type.
    But the reason I typed this here out is to say this: I know everyone isn't the same in how they do things. But since I do type a lot, when I read something short like your comment about living in poverty, my mind starts running with thoughts and I assumed you meant you were raised in poverty. It's easy to misunderstand someone's comments when they are posted with a wide margin for the reader to go off on multiple tangents in response to what they just read. I hope you understand what I am saying. because when I read more comments here from anyone, you will most of the time find my replies to be somewhat lengthy. I don't do it necessarily on purpose,it's just what's in me.
    So I felt I had to say this just so you would understand why I type what I type and why it is usually long.
    Park Hopper Dad!

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

Hence my "preaching to the choir" comment.
    I noticed...I was trying to be subtle.
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast