Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Question about The Land at Epcot in the Vacation Planning forums; Hey Everyone, Have any of you ever taken the tour at Epcot of the area where they grow the fruits and vegetables? I heard you can sign up for tours ...
    MDDisneyFans is offline A-Ticket holder

Question about The Land at Epcot

Hey Everyone,
    Have any of you ever taken the tour at Epcot of the area where they grow the fruits and vegetables? I heard you can sign up for tours by Soarin. For those of you that have, is there an extra charge? If so how much?

Thanks!

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Re: Question about The Land at Epcot

I have never done the Behind the Seeds tour, but here is a review of it. http://allears.net/tp/ep/seedstour.htm

I have also heard Lou mention really great things about it. The above article says it costs $14. I don't know when that was written, so it may have gone up a few $$ since then, but still by far the cheapest tour you will find in WDW.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

weepstah is offline C-Ticket Holder

Check out this review by Disney Tourist Blog:

http://www.disneytouristblog.com/beh...t-tour-review/

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

My family and I went on it last year. We loved it. If I remember it was not that much money... Its likes 15-20 dollars for adults.

I am not really a plant girl but I loved it.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

And an annoying side-bar to the Land Ride, the dog that barks in the farm scene before you enter vegetable land....the dog has been missing for a month or two now. He still barks in the sound track, but he is miss'n in the mist.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    And an annoying side-bar to the Land Ride, the dog that barks in the farm scene before you enter vegetable land....the dog has been missing for a month or two now. He still barks in the sound track, but he is miss'n in the mist.
    Interesting...that is annoying. I wonder why?
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Guess now it's a neighbor's dog barking. I have quite a few of those near me. Can't see them, but man can you hear those little beasts.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

WVParkfan is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by MDDisneyFans View Post
    Hey Everyone,
    Have any of you ever taken the tour at Epcot of the area where they grow the fruits and vegetables? I heard you can sign up for tours by Soarin. For those of you that have, is there an extra charge? If so how much?
    Thanks!
    Most responded to your question by referring to the "Behind the Seeds" tour. And perhaps that's what you were asking. But if you've never ridden the "Living with the Land" boat ride, consider taking the 15 minutes to ride. The boat does go through the greenhouses and you can see all of the plants, and is narrated. It does not cost extra. I apologize if you already know this, but some who read these threads may not.
    http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/par...with-the-land/
    April, 1998 Coronado Springs
    April, 2001 Coronado Springs
    January, 2004 All-Star Sports
    July, 2005 Caribbean Beach Resort
    April, 2006 Pop Century
    December, 2006 All-Star Sports
    March, 2008 All-Star Movies
    April, 2009 All-Star Music
    August, 2010 Disney's Swan Resort

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Guess now it's a neighbor's dog barking. I have quite a few of those near me. Can't see them, but man can you hear those little beasts.
    yup... the neighbors dog barking his brains out... when the dog returns... then it will be visible again... how does the story canon fit i wonder...? i am being sarcastic about the story...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

Living With The Land is one of my faves at Epcot. I'm glad that the commentary on the ride vehicle is a recording now though. The first time me and hubby rode this, we had the most miserable cast-member doing the spiel on our boat and it's been a constant laughing-point for us ever since. Here we were at Disney, ready for an exciting day in the parks, and we had Ms. Sour-Puss stood up front droning in this looooonnng monotonusssss slurr that there would be 'no eating', 'no drinking', 'no photograph', 'no video', 'no standing', 'no talking', 'no enjoying ourselves', 'no having fun' (OK those last two may have been made up)... but even so, I think the change to a recording was a good move - ha ha!
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

I like the Land boat ride.I don't know why they have to go and mess up a good thing by changing the name to Living With The Land from Listen To The Land. Except for the river cruise in MK,I like the boat drivers to be serious in their spiels and/or narrations.This joking around I don't care for.That's what happened in the last few years of Jaws up at Universal.When it first opened the spiels were presented serious as if the shark was real and I liked that portrayal.But only the joking should be on the river cruise because it's more like slapschtick stuff from the old comedy days.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

My brother's first job as CM was a Jungle Cruise skipper. He was always a cut up, and they recognized it right away, I guess.

As for Living With The Land, I haven't been on it since they changed from live boat captains to pre-recorded spiel. I'm going to give it a shot next time we go down, but I'm already determined not to like it as much.

Here's the thing: I always loved and appreciated the balance between whimsical humor and seriousness that Future World gave us in its' glory days. The seriousness is all but gone these days. Even Spaceship Earth has forsaken us...

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    My brother's first job as CM was a Jungle Cruise skipper. He was always a cut up, and they recognized it right away, I guess.

As for Living With The Land, I haven't been on it since they changed from live boat captains to pre-recorded spiel. I'm going to give it a shot next time we go down, but I'm already determined not to like it as much.

Here's the thing: I always loved and appreciated the balance between whimsical humor and seriousness that Future World gave us in its' glory days. The seriousness is all but gone these days. Even Spaceship Earth has forsaken us...
    Yes it has.I posted a comment on another site and mentioned that I have heard someone else say that Disney seems to be "dumbing down" their attractions and parks and it makes me sick to see characters all over the place and out of their element. But that is not the abgle I am talking about.My for instance is:The Living Seas. Why dumb down the attraction with Nemo everything? I like Disney movies and Nemo and a lot of them,but why I say, why do we have to see them everywhere and our classic beloved attractions that can also educate,have to be changed into a kiddie attraction?
    I haven't been back to WDW since '07 and I've shared that with you before,but it seems like it will be a different Disneyworld when we do get to go back.And I'm not too sure if we will like all of the dumbed down changes either.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

"Dumbed down".

Enough said. Especially when it comes to Epcot.

I'm sure you don't want me to get my "The Living Seas vs. Nemo" rant started. Especially since I'd be seemingly preaching to the choir.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    "Dumbed down".

Enough said. Especially when it comes to Epcot.

I'm sure you don't want me to get my "The Living Seas vs. Nemo" rant started. Especially since I'd be seemingly preaching to the choir.
    I am sorry but I have to ask. Are your comments in agreement with me or against me? The way I am interpreting your comments is that you are in agreement with me about what I said. If I am wrong I am sorry to upset you because that is not my intention. But if I am right, then I will tell you this, on our last trip to WDW, the change to Nemo and Friends was up and going, but we chose to bypass the wole pavilion. Were we wrong for bypassing or should we have gone on in there? I remembeer it well as the Living Seas. Oh by the way Epcot has always been our fav park,well at least til '07.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast