Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss So I met DisneyDreamer98 and GOT STUCK on the TTA..... in the Vacation Planning forums; So I got to meet Melissa nad family for our first day together (we'll be spending 2.5 more days together) yesterday... They are sooo awesome. I tried to so hard ...
    MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle

So I met DisneyDreamer98 and GOT STUCK on the TTA.....

So I got to meet Melissa nad family for our first day together (we'll be spending 2.5 more days together) yesterday... They are sooo awesome. I tried to so hard to make the day very special and here is a small part of what happened..I'll report more later...

Tee Hee Hee....so yesterday 6/19/05 We were at MK with DisneyDreamer98 (their first day of vacation) I was trying soooo hard to make it special for them. I talked to a Stage manager at Cinderellabrations and got us arranged to see a hosw (it takes some doing for us to see that show since my daughter and I are both photosensitive and heat can trigger seizures in her) anyway, we were all set for the 4:30 show. We had almost 50 minutes to kill so we went to ride the TTA. We go round once and decide to stay on for another round.....BIG MISTAKE We get halfway through the ride and we stop right over the track to the Speedway (as far from the location of our wheelchairs as possible) we sit for 25 minutes and get the dreaded announcement.....Please remain in your vehicles a host will be with you momentarily...sigh...They come up to get us, Andrew can carry MJ off the ride, but there is no way I can make the two flights of stairs....They get a rgular wheelchair, but I point out that there is no way the walkway is wide enough for one and besides that doesn't solve the stair issue.....so what do they have to do? Call the Reedy Creek Fire/Rescue Team to get me off the silly ride, sigh...how embarrassing. So we missed our date with Cinderellabrations (we'll try again next weekend) OTOH, the CM's gave me a stack of fastpasses (which I can't use because we have the GAC) so I got to give them to the family we were with to use during their vacation! The funniest part is that we are so well known around WDW that Leads and coordinators kept asking if we had heard what happened with the TTA and I had to look at them and say "That was me!" They all had a good laugh about it and I did too, after I was done having a panic attack that is! LOL
    I also have some amazing magic moments to report, but I'll put those in another thread....
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Oh my goodness. I hate it that this happened, but it does make for a good giggle when you read it!!!!
    Hopefully the rest of the days will be as exciting, but not as eventful!

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    I must say I don't remember ever having to walk or.. umm.. deperson myself from a ride.. what a bummer.

I'm sure you didn't mind a bunch of firemen (probably sweaty) coming to your aid, Bon

flutter is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa
    I must say I don't remember ever having to walk or.. umm.. deperson myself from a ride.. what a bummer.

I'm sure you didn't mind a bunch of firemen (probably sweaty) coming to your aid, Bon
    Firemen? Did someone say firemen

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Hey Bonny you must get stuck when we get down there in Oct. I wouldn't mind some hot and sweaty Firemen or any man for that fact to help me get off the ride

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN