Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Jungle Cruise on EMH nights? in the Vacation Planning forums; I was reading about the EMH on the Dis (wdwinfo.com) and they said that JungleCruise was open during the night. How would this work? Does the Jungle Cruise have lights? ...
    Brewski is offline A-Ticket holder

Jungle Cruise on EMH nights?

I was reading about the EMH on the Dis (wdwinfo.com) and they said that JungleCruise was open during the night. How would this work? Does the Jungle Cruise have lights? Any info would be helpful
    60% of the time it works everytime

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Jungle Cruise does have lighting, and it is quite fun to ride at night - different experience than the daytime, and some people find it more fun.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Brewski is offline A-Ticket holder
    really, I never knew that. Thanks alot!!
    60% of the time it works everytime

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Can't wait to try that one also. I want to ride Cinderella's Carousal at night also. DH just looked at me funny.

#1EeyoreFan is offline I love Eeyore! Disney Forever, and ever and ever etc.
    I think the Carousal is so beautiful at night! I can't get my hubby to get on it. But I think I will get on it myself and he can video tape me on it.
    DISNEY IS MY HAPPY PLACE THE ONLY TIME THAT I GET 2WKS OF HAPPINESS AND WORRY FREE TIME!!!!!! This time I will see it through the eyes of my baby girl born 2008.

Next Trip is December 2010

Can't wait!!!!!!

Jul- 85 - Poly- 1st Time ever Nov - 97 - Best Western
    Nov- 98- travel Lodge Nov- 99 - Music - Family Trip
    Oct- 00 - Music Nov- 01 - Movies
    Oct-02- Movies Dec- 03 - Movies
    Oct-04- Pop - Married Dec- 05- Pop
    Dec-06 - Pop Nov- 07- Pop

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Truly, the twilight hours are some of the best times to ride the Jungle Cruise. Some years back, a few of the skippers opted to have some fun with one of their more seasoned vets, and "pulled over" our boat with some kind of maintenance craft and a flashing emergency light from Radio Shack. They gave our guide a quick "field sobriety test" and deemed him unfit to be taking customers out on the river, so away he went, and we got a new captain out of the deal.

I've even heard rumors of packs of skippers teaming up to stage shoot-outs, Great Movie ride-style, at the boulders of the African savannah (those are real rocks, just so you don't take it for granite). Another legend was of the cast member on his last day of work who decided to strip down to swim trunks and sit astride one of the elephants while waving a cowboy hat in one hand, yelling about the great new Dumbo ride (apparently, that incident was a great indicator of rookie versus senior skipper tendencies. Newer guides were trying to get attention away from this errant former employee, while veterans were playing it up for all it was worth).

Then again, I'm not so sure if the skippers dare engage in shennanigans like this any longer, even if they are the cheeky and fun shennanigans, and not the cruel and tragic shennanigans. I've heard it mentioned that some time ago, these fun-loving guys and gals were hit pretty hard from the higher-ups (seems that a few members of the Mickey Secret Police cleverly disguised as tourists saw some of these stunts, and were most displeased). I've got a hunch that they're strictly forbidden to make Disney the direct butt of their jokes, so I try to do my part to help out whenever I can.

Skipper: This temple could lead to treasure.....it could lead to death....!!

(Wait for him to finish, let's not make his life difficult): It's Disney, it probably leads to a gift shop!
    "The society that draws too great of a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will end up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --probably Thucydides

Teleclashter is offline A-Ticket holder
    Oh my......don't even ride Jungle Cruise in the day. The night is SOOO much better especially during EMH nights. On the EMH night a week ago from tonight our skipper was this Asian girl that was probably doing cast member training for the new Disneyland in Honk Kong (I think thats the right place). The funny thing about this was she knew how to speak english, but not good enough to hold a ride on her shoulders. So there is like 20 people on this boat all confused about what she was saying. This sounds mean, but you couldn't even hear her over everyone laughing on the boat. The only things she could really say were "oooooooh" and "ahhhhhhh" and "still having fun" and "okay, okay". It was THE most fun I ever had on this ride, and what was even better was a group of guys that were on our boat saw us later and came up and asked us "still having fun?". It probably doesn't sound funny here, but if you were there you would've been cracking up, and it would've never happened if it wasn't for the EMH.

Oh by the way, Conceited Ape, what's that restaurant that you like to eat at with all the **** on the walls?

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    Night is definitely THE time to go. Try and encourage your skipper to turn off the lights, stop speaking and ease-off on the throttle. It's an incredible feeling, just floating slowly in darkness, underneath the faint outlines of tropical trees, and listening to the jungle soundeffects from different sources.

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    I've never been on the Jungle Cruise at night either. Sounds like it's definitely the thing to do!
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

cjdiggs is offline C-Ticket Holder
    The night time is for sure the time to go on that ride. there is just something special in air when the sun goes down there. Also at that point it is nice to sit down for a few minutes after a long day.

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    Quote Originally Posted by cjdiggs
    The night time is for sure the time to go on that ride. there is just something special in air when the sun goes down there. Also at that point it is nice to sit down for a few minutes after a long day.
    I would imagine that would be a nice way to wind-down after a long day @ WDW.
    ~Bobby Jack

It sure is, PumpkinJack81. The skippers are also always more laidback and at ease. You never know what they'll do, making for a great experience.

Quote Originally Posted by 20K
    The skippers are also always more laidback and at ease. You never know what they'll do, making for a great experience.
    Just like Amanda's skipper:

Quote Originally Posted by Mandabella
    "There is no earthly way of knowing, which way we are going..." Said by our JC Skipper channeling Gene Wilder as Wonka as we headed into the tunnel.

~Bobby Jack

If you get Will Babbington* as your skipper, he'll probably sing the same, and then be quick to make the reference about Harper Goff being the art director for Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, and that he also designed the Jungle Cruise. Why does that matter to him? Will is one of the premier 20K fans (Disney version), and builds some of the best Nautilus models around, the Disney design of course by....Harper Goff.

I think we've established though that everyone here prefers the Jungle Cruise at night, so that should be enough weight to convince the rest of you to try it!

*I think Will calls himself 'Winding wilderness William' or simply 'Wilderness William' at the attraction, but definitely keep a look out - He's a great skipper.
    Last edited by 20K; 07-07-2005 at 09:44 AM.

Wow, thanks 20K! I'll def keep a look-out for Winding Wilderness Will.
    ~Bobby Jack

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast