Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss the voice of monorail in the Vacation Planning forums; Who is the voice of the monorail information spiel? I think it might voice a few other things like the bus spiels....
    Imagineer Mel is offline B-Ticket Holder

the voice of monorail

Who is the voice of the monorail information spiel? I think it might voice a few other things like the bus spiels.
    “You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
    ― Dr. Seuss

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Re: the voice of monorail

The voice of the monorail everyone thinks of is Jack Wagner. He can still be heard in the "Please stand clear of the doors..." announcement. He was known as the "Voice of Disneyland", and did many of the announcements there.

The positional announcements have changed over the years with different people, and just were recently changed.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Doc, I think Mel may be referring to the new monorail spiel (started just a month, or so, back).

2 gens past Mr. Wagner.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

I think it's more than 2 generations now...I think this is the fourth overall since Wagner. One of them was a singer with Voices of Liberty.

I don't believe they've released the name of the current announcer.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Good lord, is it that many already?!

I just remember two after Jack, but I'll take your word for it. There were way too many years from the late 80's to the late 90's where I barely visited the parks.

The one thing that has amazed me, though, is how uniform the voices have been since Mr. Wagner's VERY distinctive voice and delivery.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Yeh... They have emotion but little else in the way of delivery... I feel a park fan would be perfect to do these... Start a open audition...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

I haven't heard the new one that they just added back in what, April was it, but I read a few news articles around the Disnews sites that certainly didn't give him a good review.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

I think it sounds just fine. Not much of a departure from the previous one, IMO.

supernova said he didn't care for it.
    Last edited by Mo Noyz; 06-14-2012 at 09:32 AM.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    I haven't heard the new one that they just added back in what, April was it, but I read a few news articles around the Disnews sites that certainly didn't give him a good review.
    The one article I read mostly pointed out that it was a good narration but that it lacked a certain level of enthusiasm. I will have to judge for myself (that is if they don't change it again before I manage another trip).
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Imagineer Mel is offline B-Ticket Holder

Thank you all for your feedback. The current guy seems a little lifeless. I don't really like him.
    “You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
    ― Dr. Seuss

WDW1014 is offline Fastpass Holder

heard it on youtube and didnt like it at all honestly but ill wait to hear it in person in 2 weeks
    Visits:
    91= Grand Floridan 01= All Star Sports 11= Music
    92= Grand Floridan 02= All Star Movies 12= Movies
    93= Caribbean Beach 03= Old Key West 13= Sports
    94= All Star Sports 04= Pop Century
    95= French Quarter 05= Pop Century
    96= Dixie Landing 06= Grand Floridan
    97= All Star Music 07= All Star Sports
    98= All Star Sports 08= Pop Century
    99= All Star Movies 09= All Star Sports
    00= All Star Music 10= All Star Music

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer Mel View Post
    Thank you all for your feedback. The current guy seems a little lifeless. I don't really like him.
    That's pretty much what I had posted when they first changed over. Don't remember Wagner. For the most part, I'm more familiar with the intrerim guy. This one one is way too flat.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

Maybe they should get Stacy to do it.
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

Like I've said before, they all pretty much sound the same to me. They could feed the text through a vocal synthesizer and it wouldn't bother me.

Change at WDW only bothers me when it takes away from the enjoyment of an attraction. The monorail is still super cool, and always will be. Heck, I wouldn't mind if they simply played music on them.