Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Oh Bother! Casey Jr. Being "Reassessed" in the Vacation Planning forums; Here is a link to the photo's and the comments just below are priceless. http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/c...sessed.839482/ I'm always happy when Disney fixes something that is unsafe, rarely does it need a ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Oh Bother! Casey Jr. Being "Reassessed"

Here is a link to the photo's and the comments just below are priceless.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/c...sessed.839482/

I'm always happy when Disney fixes something that is unsafe, rarely does it need a quick refurb the first few weeks. But that is why they call them "soft openings."
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: Oh Bother! Casey Jr. Being "Reassessed"

Terrible design. Not exactly sure what they were thinking there.

Plexiglass shields will surely be forthcoming.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

That whole area just looks awful to me.

My initial reaction is to just take the fence away. Let the kids play. But after giving it further thought, it's 100 different accidents waiting to happen. Close it off.

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I can see having a little play area to get a little water. But it can't be fun having your kid drenched then have to walk around. The last thing I want to see is some dripping wet kid standing next to me on line.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

prickle is offline Fastpass Holder

Another grit your teeth moment, watching parents let their kids run around like animals! This last trip I saw kids kicking at ducks, pulling flowers off of plants, climbing in displays, throwing trash on the ground, kick people as they walked by, and climbing through fences. In all these cases the parents just watch their kids and acted like this is acceptable behavior. AGhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! Gooz fra Ba

tmlinz is offline E-Ticket Holder

So many people don't seem to teach their kids 2 important 'R's anymore: Respect and Responsibility.

"Mommy, why does that train have a fence around it?"

"To keep people out."

"Awwww....."

"OK. Go ahead and do what you want. I need to not pay attention or care what you are doing."

Sorry, had to get that out of my system.......
    The happiest place on earth is where my kids are!

Quote Originally Posted by StewbotTalborg View Post
    That whole area just looks awful to me.

My initial reaction is to just take the fence away. Let the kids play. But after giving it further thought, it's 100 different accidents waiting to happen. Close it off.
    After being on so many pool committees over the last two decades Disney Imagineers broke a cardinal rule of putting something inviting to climb on and expect children not to climb on it. The fence around it certainly looks out of place and a last minute fix to thwart a bad idea. The imagineers comment of 'I told you it wasn't going to work' kinda confirms it.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    After being on so many pool committees over the last two decades Disney Imagineers broke a cardinal rule of putting something inviting to climb on and expect children not to climb on it. The fence around it certainly looks out of place and a last minute fix to thwart a bad idea. The imagineers comment of 'I told you it wasn't going to work' kinda confirms it.
    Two things I've learned in being in a "middle management" position. The first is those higher up the chain rarely listen to us knuckle draggers because all we have is our on the job experience and intuition while they on the other hand go to fancy training sessions where they meet with other higher ups.

The second is I've learned to really enjoy the feeling of happiness I get when they end up having to do it my way after all.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Here is a link to the photo's and the comments just below are priceless.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/c...sessed.839482/

I'm always happy when Disney fixes something that is unsafe, rarely does it need a quick refurb the first few weeks. But that is why they call them "soft openings."
    Oh Bother is right.

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

Thanks for the youtube link. I hadn't seen it in action before, only pictures.

It looks like fun when the weather is hot, but what will happen to the area on cooler days? I don't see any "responsible" parent letting their child run around there in January! Yes, they DO have cool day at WDW too Imagineers!!! When the kids were younger, we used to take them to the little playground that used to be there (when it was ToonTown). Does it have any little slides or places for the kids to climb or is it just a water splash area??? If the latter, I will make bets this area gets more modifications in the coming year. Kids need an area of each park to run around and unwind after being in lines or strapped to a stroller all day.

Our kids love . . .

The Boneyard at Disney's Animal Kingdom
    Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set at Disney's Hollywood Studios
    World Showcase at Epcot (It's one BIG play area!!! )

Does the Magic Kingdom still have the Laughin' Place under the train station near Splash Mountain/BTMRR??? If so, that would have been a nice play area to EXPAND. It is always crazy crowded with the kids too short to ride SM and BTMRR.
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

eighthave is offline A-Ticket holder

Gabe,

Good job of singling out the more uptight members! You've got them cornered, now what?

Hehehe, it's just funny that people get worked up about this when Disney says "KIDS! COME PLAY, HAVE FUN!" and the kids do. The fence is practically meaningless when the gaps in the bars are so far apart kids fit through them or can go over them easily. I haven't been there since Casey opened, but if it's like a lot of WDW, it's pretty noisy there, add the protective halo of water keeping some parents at bay and you've got a recipe for the child, in addition to not wanting to hear their parents but also not being able to hear their parents say to get down, and you get what's in the photo. I'm not saying the parents should let them do it, but it's understandable why they are, especially if a cast member is nearby and doesn't seem to mind. Also, gotta say that if they overlooked the situation that is giving Dumbo skinned knees, they may have overlooked an on/off switch for Casey, but we'll muddle through somehow.

I'm pretty sure I can think of a lot of things that would fall below wet kid in the list of things I want to see least at WDW!

;-)

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by eighthave View Post
    Gabe,

Good job of singling out the more uptight members! You've got them cornered, now what?

Hehehe, it's just funny that people get worked up about this when Disney says "KIDS! COME PLAY, HAVE FUN!" and the kids do. The fence is practically meaningless when the gaps in the bars are so far apart kids fit through them or can go over them easily. I haven't been there since Casey opened, but if it's like a lot of WDW, it's pretty noisy there, add the protective halo of water keeping some parents at bay and you've got a recipe for the child, in addition to not wanting to hear their parents but also not being able to hear their parents say to get down, and you get what's in the photo. I'm not saying the parents should let them do it, but it's understandable why they are, especially if a cast member is nearby and doesn't seem to mind. Also, gotta say that if they overlooked the situation that is giving Dumbo skinned knees, they may have overlooked an on/off switch for Casey, but we'll muddle through somehow.

I'm pretty sure I can think of a lot of things that would fall below wet kid in the list of things I want to see least at WDW!

;-)

Dave
    Hey Sir! Missed ya, hope all is well.

Flrancho is offline D-Ticket Holder

The last time we were there this had just opened. Seemed like everyone was having fun and didn't see any wildness going on. True it seemed to provide a good soaking, and I could see where problems could arise with kids climbing on wet surfaces that wouldn't be too cool. I think the soaking would be fine if people would do research and bring either a change of clothes or a swimsuit for their kid(s), but lets face it, the vast majority of people visiting Disney do not do research.

ThatGuyFromMD is offline Yes, I Am That Guy

Okay, so I must be really far behind on disney news... But what is the point of having this train if nobody can play on it? Why not just pull and epcot and put some holes in the ground and let water come out that way
    Carol Brown just took a bus out of town,
    But I'm hoping that you'll stick around

http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...-Thread-Part-V <-- you see that, you should click on it and talk with us

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast