Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss One Time on a WDW Bus . . . . in the Vacation Planning forums; Late one night coming back from MK I was sitting next to a young boy about 4 years old in the back row. He started telling me all sorts of ...
    disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Late one night coming back from MK I was sitting next to a young boy about 4 years old in the back row. He started telling me all sorts of funny things, like "do you know why giraffes don't go to work in an office? They would need really, really long neckties!" He was the cutest thing!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandabella
    "One time at band camp..."

highly inappropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by dzney4lyf
    My brother just shook his head and agreed!!!

great story..

and great thread idea JC..

I rode a bus with a girlfriend to where she was so exhausted, she rested her head on my shoulder. I rubbed her arm as it rested on my knee. Deserving a nice rest for being able to keep up with my WDW pace, I treated her to head massage as her long black hair draped over her face. I'd pet her like a kitty and I could almost hear her purr on my neck. I'd run her hair through my fingers to where it would fall back to her face, softly grazing her delicate cheek. I remember parting her hair and getting chills from the feel of her soft cheek on my lips. She turned slowly to line her lips with mine and gave me such a passionate kiss, I'll never forget it.

And then I looked around to find that half the bus was staring at us! I'm 28 and she's 48, so you could imagine what all this looked like.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by crashbunny
    Hey you got something aginst flutists

Marie, it's just a popular movie quote from American Pie by the Michelle character. The character Michelle was a flute player that was a stereotypical "band geek" and almost everything she said started out as "And this one time at Band Camp...." Her stories were harmless, annoying, and mild...until the end of the movie.
    Let's move away from this quote everyone, and not hijack the thread. JC started this thread for WDW Bus Stories.

Sorry about that, I didn't mean to start anything.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

and another time, we were on our way to MK for some grub and I had the pleasure of watching this kid as he sat in the bus' back stairwell, eating his turkey leg like it was string cheese! I have never seen someone make it look so fun, and so delicious! Before I could grab it from him the bus had stopped, and he threw it away!

thank God those garbage cans aren't like mailboxes..

flutter is offline Moderator
    Last December after MVMCP I believe it was we got on the bus to go back to Pop Century. The bus driver was very entertaining and joking alot...so when he said we would be at the AKL in a minute we thought he was kidding. Nope he brought us to the AKL by mistake. When we all told him we were supposed to be at PC, he apologized profusely and drove us to the right resort. It was pretty funny...luckily the bus was not crowded and we weren't standing after a long day at Disney.

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandabella
    Marie, it's just a popular movie quote from American Pie by the Michelle character. The character Michelle was a flute player that was a stereotypical "band geek" and almost everything she said started out as "And this one time at Band Camp...." Her stories were harmless, annoying, and mild...until the end of the movie.
    Let's move away from this quote everyone, and not hijack the thread. JC started this thread for WDW Bus Stories.

Sorry about that, I didn't mean to start anything.
    When I read, "harmless, annonying, and mild," I thought you were talking about me!!!

It's OK to write about any sort of WDW transportation in this thread.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Cricket
    When I read, "harmless, annonying, and mild," I thought you were talking about me!!!

It's OK to write about any sort of WDW transportation in this thread.
    How does that go again? Oh yeah, "If the shoe fits......"

LOL JK Cricket!
    They call me "Nana"

tiggerguy is offline As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly
    Quote Originally Posted by flutter
    Last December after MVMCP I believe it was we got on the bus to go back to Pop Century. The bus driver was very entertaining and joking alot...so when he said we would be at the AKL in a minute we thought he was kidding. Nope he brought us to the AKL by mistake. When we all told him we were supposed to be at PC, he apologized profusely and drove us to the right resort. It was pretty funny...luckily the bus was not crowded and we weren't standing after a long day at Disney.
    SOmething similar to this happened to me to, oh wait! it was the same bus. The bus driver told us to go to guest services to fill out complaint forms if we so desired. Since the ride was so much fun I don't think any one did.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

A couple of years ago we get on the bus at ASMu for EPCOT. The bus driver's name was Pat. He was a big man. There were only a few people on the bus and he asked if anyone minded if he drove a little faster than normal as he was behind schedule. Everyone said OK. Big mistake. Pat takes off like like a bat out of you know where. We get to EPCOT in record time. As we pull in the EPCOT parking lot I ask if he used to be a fireman. He says, "No, Boston cop for 29 years." He then said driving a bus at WDW was too nerve-racking for him.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

In 1996 our first time staying on property (ASMu) during Spring Break we get on the bus after a long tiring day at the MK. We get off the bus and head for the lobby. The DW says this doesn't look right. I then realize we were at Sports, not Music. What to do? We go to the desk and tell the CM our tale of woe. He said it happens all the time and told us to go outside and wait for him. He gets a van and takes us directly to our building. I tried to give him a tip, but he refused saying it's part of his job, and that CMs could not accept tips anyway.

*Off Property

TalkingHands is offline A-Ticket holder
    Many years ago we were at Ft Wilderness. My daughter had her viola with her and she got on the bus carrying it. Driver looks at the case and tells her that she needs to prove she can play it or she needs to leave it in the cabin. (was about 10) So my daughter bring out the viola and starts to play for the driver. When we arrived at Pioneer Hall everyone in the bus clapped. She was bringing it to show the guy that used to play guitar at Trail's Inn and she played for him as well.
    WDW Sept 9-11, 2005

Lisbet

Disneybratt is offline Fastpass Holder

Guitar player at FW

The guy who used to play at FW as well as the poly and the River Boat is named John Charles. If you live in central FL he sometimes performes in Orlando, and is just as good as he was then maybe better, still funny to. Go to www.johncharles.com for a list of upcoming events.

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    How about a nightmare bus story?
    Shades of Green does not use the same buses as Disney, they are contracted to us and like anything else with the government, the company was the lowest bidder.

I was working the late shift about 4 months ago and I recieved a phone call from a frantic guest on her cell phone who was riding one of our buses.
    The driver had pulled over to the side of the road, said goodbye to the guests aboard (a full load, as our buses run every hour), and got off the bus and into a waiting car, which drove off, leaving the guests stranded!
    Now mind you, this is about 9pm so it was pitch black outside. The guests had no idea where they were.
    I calmed her down and called the bus company dispatch and Disney security so they could find the bus. The guests were stranded along a dark, unlit road for almost 2 hours before they were found and brought home.
    It turned out that the driver of the MGM Studios bus had gone off his route and stranded the guests down the driveway to the Bonnett Creek Golf courses near Fort Wilderness which was why it took so long to find them and no cars drove by while they were stuck.
    I have no idea why the driver decided to quit his job in such a way or whatever happened to him, if anything, but I know those guests had a nightmare bus story to remember!
    Last edited by shadesofgreen; 07-07-2005 at 05:38 PM.
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast