Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss One Time on a WDW Bus . . . . in the Vacation Planning forums; I thought I would start this thread so that the members could share any amusing or interesting happenings/stories on, or about, a WDW bus. I'll start with this one: Last ...
    Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL

One Time on a WDW Bus . . . .

I thought I would start this thread so that the members could share any amusing or interesting happenings/stories on, or about, a WDW bus.

I'll start with this one:

Last October while waiting with about 35 other guests for the AK bus at ASMo on a particularly hot and humid morning the bus was way late, like 15 minutes overdue. There was this young couple with a baby in front of us. The young, very muscular and hirsute, father (I would say about 20 something and from the East Coast) was getting very impatient. He kept telling his wife he could run to AK by the time the bus got there. Yes, you guessed it, he started to run with a backpack no less, at a very brisk pace with arms pumping to the AK. His wife was mortified. In no time he was out of sight. All of a sudden here comes the bus and it stops at the stand. The driver gets out and apologizes for being late, but there was a delay at the changeover he says. The mortified young woman asks if the driver saw a man running towards the exit of the resort. The bus driver turns and says, "Him?" as he pointed to the young man now barely able to move walking down the drive. The driver very patiently waited for him to arrive and all the other guests were laughing when he said, "Pretty stupid, huh?" He didn't say another word on the trip to the AK as he was sweating so profusely and breathing so hard.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i always find young kids to be very cute and excited to be going to any of the parks and for some reason they always like to talk to me...it's a great way to start your day and get even more excited to see little kids so happy....on my friends first trip she was like a little kid and kept asking are we there yet are we there yet? the driver was like yes we are almost there, are you ready?
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    We were on one of our many family trips to WDW.. at the time there were 15 of us.. We we're staying at CRB and we had the same bus driver 3 days in a row.. His name was Don.. (I will never forget that) Each morning he would tell us the SAME jokes and trivia.. He also told us about his daughter being in part of the parade and which float she was driving... So one night on our way back from MK we happened to get Don again!! Well my slightly (okay overly) obnoxious family began to shell out his routine before he could even say his name... At our stop... (I believe it was Aruba) my mother even took his picture posing with our family.. My brother remained on the bus for a ride over to the arcade at Old Port Royale.. Well once the bus pulled away from us Don made a statement to the entire bus about my family being the strangest people he has ever come across.. not realizing that my brother was still on board.. My brother just shook his head and agreed!!!

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    do the parking lot trams count or is this bus only stories?

Quote Originally Posted by crashbunny
    Sure, why not? I love any story about WDW.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

I love the drivers who talk to the guests on the way to the parks (even though there are some you can't understand because of the bad PA system on the bus, or their accents). Anyway, one day we had a driver who told all the guests about how many buses WDW had, the number of miles traveled per day, and the amount of fuel. The bus we were riding that day had traveled almost 600,000 miles, and it seemed like it!!! There were paper towels stuffed into the front wheel to stop a leak.

*Off Property

sillygurl is offline A-Ticket holder
    Ok, it's not really a great story or anything....but one of my favorite bus rides ever was last year...for some reason the bus my fiance & I were on coming back from Pleasure Island one night was completely empty except for us, which we had never seen before. It was just a sweet ride back to our hotel in total silence, just holding hands and looking out the windows.
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'December 25, 2005 12:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=red>Countown to Christmas!</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Yay!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

Alice: "But I don't want to go among mad people."
    Cheshire Cat: "Oh, you can't help that. Most everyone's mad here."

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    One NIGHT on a WDW bus that was headed to animal Kingdom Lodge, we were in.....AN ACCIDENT!!
    My friend and I ran from Fantasmic - missing the fireworks - to get an Animal Kingdom Lodge bus so that we could possibly check in early for our PS at Boma!!! We were first in line. We got on the first bus along with about 30 other people and off we go into traffic.
    I see this little car trying to force it's way between the WDW buses. I thought, is he insane? Then big bump and big bang, the vehicles collided.
    We were there sitting for over an hour. They talked about getting us onto another bus, but they also wanted us as witnesses. I filled out the paperwork stating that the guy in the car was INSANE! Then finally we were off. We ended up being about 15 minutes early for our PS - not enough time to look around - total bummer!

Quote Originally Posted by sillygurl
    Ok, it's not really a great story or anything....but one of my favorite bus rides ever was last year...for some reason the bus my fiance & I were on coming back from Pleasure Island one night was completely empty except for us, which we had never seen before. It was just a sweet ride back to our hotel in total silence, just holding hands and looking out the windows.
    Aaagh!!!

*Off Property

sillygurl is offline A-Ticket holder
    Oh, I totally forgot about this! We were waiting in line for the busses at Disney MGM Studios; a bus tried to go around another bus and actually went up on the curb and hit a light post! And of course it was our bus, so we had to wait forever for another.
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'December 25, 2005 12:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=red>Countown to Christmas!</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Yay!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

Alice: "But I don't want to go among mad people."
    Cheshire Cat: "Oh, you can't help that. Most everyone's mad here."

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by crashbunny

Hey what about the boats and water launches? Can we include all forms Disney transportation on property? Being a Boardwalk addict, I know I have stories of the Friendship boats somewhere in the recesses of my brain.

BTW, great idea for a thread JC. Although the title does remind me a bit...okay a lot... of a famous movie line. "One time at band camp..."
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Oh.....Amanda, you are really bad. Don't tell me you are a flutist?
    They call me "Nana"

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way. Yeah, that's it.

Actually, my instrument is my voice...Mezzo Soprano. I did it for 12 years. I also try the piano... I'm waaaay out of practice though. I really need to get back into it, I loved music....a lot...

Okay, I should put a story in this thread. Back around October/November 2003 on one of my many voyages on the Friendship boats from Epcot to the Boardwalk dock, we had quite an entertaining crew and passenger list. And yes we took the boat, our feet were about to fall off. Anyhow, they were throwing out all kinds of corny jokes and easy trivia questions. People we getting them left and right and some were spitting out smart butt answers. It was a lot of fun. Then as we sailed by the EPSN Zone, the skipper mentioned something about sports (I don't remember what) but then I noticed....a whole flock of Philly Eagles fans with their jerseys on were sitting on the boat. So then they started spelling their favorite word and acting up....but in a GOOD way for once. It was the first time I wasn't annoyed by an Eagles fan. See Disney really is Magical!
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie

Hey you got something aginst flutists

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Not me. It is just that now I know what they do at band camp..................
    They call me "Nana"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast