Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss EMH's Evening Hours being Cut in the Vacation Planning forums; As of January 1st EMH's will be shortened from 3 hours to 2 hours for resort guests....
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

EMH's Evening Hours being Cut

As of January 1st EMH's will be shortened from 3 hours to 2 hours for resort guests.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

eliza61nyc is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: EMH's Evening Hours being Cut

I heard about this. I think it stinks. I liked evening Magic hours and with the increase in ticket price, why cut the hours.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post
    I heard about this. I think it stinks. I liked evening Magic hours and with the increase in ticket price, why cut the hours.
    Ticket prices go up anyway, regardless of operating costs. But if they can further reduce operating costs by cutting payroll, electricity, and other utilities, then their profit increases. Makes financial sense, although I wonder what they'll be losing in retail and food purchases.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Most of the restaurants closed down well before closing, so it might not be much.

eliza61nyc is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Ticket prices go up anyway, regardless of operating costs. But if they can further reduce operating costs by cutting payroll, electricity, and other utilities, then their profit increases. Makes financial sense, although I wonder what they'll be losing in retail and food purchases.
    You're probably right, I've seen many examples of disney cutting quality to shore up the bottom line. I am not surprised.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

I just posted this in the news forum, didn't think to check here first...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    I just posted this in the news forum, didn't think to check here first...
    Ya, it is happening a lot here now. We were so use to the header New Threads on the forum front page.
    Best that it is duplicated than not posted at all!

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I still use "new posts" here. Same thing as the old "new threads" header.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Yikes! I stand corrected and am feeling a tad stupid. Educate me please as I've missed something operationally about the sight for the last few months.

What I am getting is both new threads and replies to previously posted threads all mixed up together. Since some of the threads have been on going for years I tend to loose the New Threads in pages of games and general discussion threads on some days when we have members enjoying those older threads. On slow days here it isn't an issue but some days with games and general discussions we can have pages of previous posted threads brought up.

How are you getting the New Threads to separate out from the new posts on the previous posted threads? I've been trying to get it to separate as you indicated but they keep lumping together for me.
    Enlighten me please.

Nothing to enlighten you about. That's pretty much all you can do. Far as I know, you cannot pull up just new threads.

And yes, it can be somewhat aggravating when you come here only to find 4 pages worth of bumped game threads. No big deal, but it'd be nice if we could just pull up old threads like we used to.

Nothing to enlighten you about. That's pretty much all you can do. Far as I know, you cannot pull up just new threads.

And yes, it can be somewhat aggravating when you come here only to find 4 pages worth of bumped game threads. No big deal, but it'd be nice if we could just pull up old threads like we used to.
    I take my back my feeling stupid and standing corrected. I was hoping your statement was correct and I was just not navigating the sight correctly. Oh well. Members like Doc and I will just have to duplicate new threads here and there, no biggie.

I actually like when our members bump up the classic old threads, don't find it aggravating, they are fun, I read Brian's Puns all the time. I just miss not having an individual the New Thread as it was simple to see immediately any new news on the front page of the forum.

Yeah, looking back at that post, I should have chosen my wording a little more carefully. Sorry about that.

There are still a lot of issues with this new software. I've noticed it elsewhere as well.

norman is offline A-Ticket holder

I have a stupid question. Can Florida residents with annual passes go to EMH's evening or morning, or is it just for resort guests? I heard Lou say once that he enjoyed EMH, he loved being in the parks at 2 or 3 in the morning. How would he be able to do this if he is not staying at a resort, since he now lives so close to Disney! I'm just wondering becasue in 37 days I will become a Florida resident, living only 3 miles from Magic Kingdom and of course will be purchasing annual passes and was just wondering about EMH's

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

No, it was exclusive to guests staying at a Disney resort. Lou I believe occasionally books a room at a resort.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news