Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
WDW Theme Parks Discuss WiFi Now installed at the MK in the Vacation Planning forums; Exactly. I'll stream SiriusXM on my phone, or other general music stations. Otherwise, I've got a novel in my back pocket. Either way, I have a way to kill time ...
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: WiFi Now installed at the MK

Exactly.

I'll stream SiriusXM on my phone, or other general music stations. Otherwise, I've got a novel in my back pocket. Either way, I have a way to kill time while standing on the line.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

See that? Now you can stream your music AND play Where's My Water on your iPad!

norman is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Oh goody!!!

Let's go to the MK and surf the web!!

I would have never imagined in a million years my next trip might be my last, but more and more I can see the possibility...
    You know it's bad enough that when you go to the parks you are always bumping into people with their faces in their phone, texting and so on, so now this! People if you need to text or read a text do as if you were driving a car and either don't or move to the side, stop text or read the text and then more on. If I see someone walking and texting or reading a text and they look like they are going to run into me, I think I'm going to start standing in one place and just let it happen, maybe they will get the message, probably NOT

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Oh, I've been known to drop a shoulder or two. I've never taken kindly to those who think they are the only people there.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by norman View Post
    You know it's bad enough that when you go to the parks you are always bumping into people with their faces in their phone, texting and so on, so now this! People if you need to text or read a text do as if you were driving a car and either don't or move to the side, stop text or read the text and then more on. If I see someone walking and texting or reading a text and they look like they are going to run into me, I think I'm going to start standing in one place and just let it happen, maybe they will get the message, probably NOT
    Oh please... that is the bane of my existence every single day during my commute. If people can't walk and talk on the phone or walk and text, what the helI makes them think they can tex/talk and drive? Idiots.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Oh my. How horrifying!
    Indeed. Overages on cell phone packages are extremely pricey. It is horrifying to open the next months bill when you do.

What does this even mean? You'll "have" to? That's absurd.
    I am at a loss to know where to begin. How up to speed are you with NextGen FP, the app to support it and the need to connect to the internet to use the app? I'm not sure why you are so perplexed or why that is so absurd for you.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by norman View Post
    Odd but true. Yet by Disney moving forward with their new FP system that requires guests to connect to the internet to obtain the FP whether the FP is on their room card or wristband, Disney is asking for more of just what you described. It should be an interesting few years while guests adjust or rebel.

Just think of how much greener WDW will be with paperless FP's.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

We already don't offer gift boxes anymore at TDS just for that reason...
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I am at a loss to know where to begin. How up to speed are you with NextGen FP, the app to support it and the need to connect to the internet to use the app? I'm not sure why you are so perplexed or why that is so absurd for you.
    Oh, I don't know. Because you don't HAVE to do FP?

As for overages, cry me a river. I have a solution for avoiding them.

STAY OFF YOUR BLEEPIN PHONE!!!!

If you're so strung out on your precious little phone that you simply cannot live without it for a day in a WDW park, then I hope your bill is a hundred times what it would normally be.

Oh, I don't know. Because you don't HAVE to do FP?
    Nor do you have to visit any of the attractions, there are countless things you don't HAVE to do at WDW or even go at all but that isn't the topic of the thread. It is WDW moving to a tech based FP.

As for overages, cry me a river

Giggle. Flair for drama.
    . I have a solution for avoiding them.
    Disney's solution to not tanking guests data plan to access their Disney app is to install WiFi throughout their property.

STAY OFF YOUR BLEEPIN PHONE!!!!
    For the vast majority of guests staying off the phone isn't going to happen. Disney has moved into the 21st century. Those wanting to continue to vacation in an era gone by will be left behind in the stand by lanes by choice. Reminds me of 20 years ago with the same demographic fighting the awful computer and email. I might not like it but the young adults have embraced the new tech and that is Disney's target market for the future. If the middle aged or elderly can't adjust to the 21st century, Disney CM's will be happy to direct the less tech savy guests to the stand by lanes. It will require less CM's and be a far more green solution. Me, I can adjust if Disney stays on this course. It isn't the guests that are requesting these upgrades to the system that require tech it is Disney that is implementing them. That is what you seem to be not grasping.

If you're so strung out on your precious little phone that you simply cannot live without it for a day in a WDW park, then I hope your bill is a hundred times what it would normally be.
    Giggle again. Lots of drama today and getting a tad testy. I will try and get you to comprehend again. By Disney installing WiFi throughout the property guests data plans will not be eaten up. The IPhone flips to WiFi automatically from 3G when WiFi hotshots are located by the phone.

Hahahaha...the "less tech savvy" crack was a good one. Point awarded.

That doesn't describe me, though.

Escapism might, though. The parks, IMO, were always a place to escape the outside world. And blissfully so. Not to mention a place to savor every detail.

Now we've got the outside world invading even more with the zombie nation walking around with their nose buried in their phone. Blissfully unaware.

I guess I'm just always going to be stuck in the mindset of a cohesive society as opposed to individual zombies stuck in their little bubbles.

How 'bout THAT for drama?!

And I comprehended what you were saying from the beginning. I just think it's more needless garbage. Give me standby, and just wave to grandpa as you zip by in your Fast Pass line.

That is, if you can tear yourself away from Twitter long enough to see me standing there.

Hahahaha...the "less tech savvy" crack was a good one. Point awarded.

That doesn't describe me, though.

Escapism might, though. The parks, IMO, were always a place to escape the outside world. And blissfully so. Not to mention a place to savor every detail.

Now we've got the outside world invading even more with the zombie nation walking around with their nose buried in their phone. Blissfully unaware.

I guess I'm just always going to be stuck in the mindset of a cohesive society as opposed to individual zombies stuck in their little bubbles.

How 'bout THAT for drama?!

And I comprehended what you were saying from the beginning. I just think it's more needless garbage. Give me standby, and just wave to grandpa as you zip by in your Fast Pass line.

That is, if you can tear yourself away from Twitter long enough to see me standing there.
    I'd say you get a Perfect 10 for drama, I can't think of any member that has more talent for drama!

I can live with the drama, I'm around middle school girls all the time, but it is difficult to follow your points with all the blah, blah, blah. You tend to jump around a great deal in your posts What does twitter have to do with the New Disney App that was rolled out or the RFID being implemented? Are you implying that twitter will be the foundation for their new MY DISNEY EXPERIENCE app?

No, I'm implying now that wi-fi is available people will feed their normal internet addiction while in the parks even more.

Now, if you were to tell me that all people were going to do was use an app to get FP, then I'd say fine.

No matter how uppity and informed you try to spin your posts, I'm pretty sure you know as well as I do this won't be the case.

Full speed ahead....New RFID Key to the World room locks are being installed at more resorts. Kidani Village 8/12-8/18, Coronado Springs Resort 8/12-9/13.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12