Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss WiFi Now installed at the MK in the Vacation Planning forums; The second park has now gone WiFi as of last week. Just as Disney also launches its new My Disney Experience app. As this is happening, NexGen RFID poles have ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

WiFi Now installed at the MK

The second park has now gone WiFi as of last week. Just as Disney also launches its new My Disney Experience app.

As this is happening, NexGen RFID poles have been installed at the HM with computer screens for the CMs. Pirates is currently experiencing queue modifications, with plywood door/padlock within the queue for construction purposes. Pirates will close for a day, expected to be October 9th and rumored to also be fitted with the NexGen RFID poles.

With the new RFID payment procedure being tested at the Contemporary NexGen seems to be well on its way to being implemented. So the rumors of "why" the current FP times were being enforced earlier this year being attributed to NexGen/RFID seem to be pretty accurate. Let the Fun begin.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: WiFi Now installed at the MK

Oh goody!!!

Let's go to the MK and surf the web!!

I would have never imagined in a million years my next trip might be my last, but more and more I can see the possibility...

disneyrunrchick is offline C-Ticket Holder

I'm not sure how to feel about the nextgens. I guess only time will tell. Thanks for keeping us updated, Gabe!
    http://disneyrunnerchick.blogspot.com

This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good
    .-

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing- Walt Disney

There is no one on the planet to compare with moi.- Miss Piggy

TEN Trips... And counting!

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I guess the RFID thing isn't all that bad. I never carry cash, so I'm never opposed to advances in cashless commerce.

The wi-fi in the parks thing is beyond absurd, though. Just absolutely beyond absurd.

It's already obnoxious enough with everybody walking around talking on, or looking down at (and therefore not where they're going), their phones. Wi-fi in the resorts? That's cool. But, in the parks?!

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Just another reason for people to look down at their phones while on vaca...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

It's just sad...

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I don't mind streaming music while I'm standing on lines during solo trips. At least this will help me save bandwidth.

But I'm STILL not going to start using stupid wait time and touring plan apps.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

I'll tell you that I am not a fan of the touring apps either... But my issue is watching people walk through with their heads down all day... Bothers me...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Agreed, 100%.

Mike, so you're streaming music while waiting in queue's? Lot of irony there, Mr. 12GB and counting.

prickle is offline Fastpass Holder

I don't use the apps either, so what if I walk to a ride and the wait is 7 hours. Imagine all of the wonderful sights, sounds, and smells, I took in while walking there.

Well...

I agree.

Except for the 7 hours part...

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Agreed, 100%.

Mike, so you're streaming music while waiting in queue's? Lot of irony there, Mr. 12GB and counting.

It is odd, but I don't have much Disney music on my iPod at all. When it comes to music, I'd rather the variety and surprise of what's to be played, be it on internet streaming music or regular radio. There's something about playlists and predictablity that ruins the sound experience for me. Difficult to explain, but there it is.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Oh goody!!!

Let's go to the MK and surf the web!!

I would have never imagined in a million years my next trip might be my last, but more and more I can see the possibility...
    And there will be plenty of guests just surf'n away, but many like my kids were with their IPhones however it just ate up their data plan.

I did use or try to use the WiFi at the hotel this past trip and it was so freak'n slow it wasn't worth it. I never used the net while in the parks but it looks like that may have to change though I am not amused, FP and ADR's were enough structure for me on vacation. But now with the new app being the way to book your ADR's and future FP system it will be difficult for Guests to grind their heels in and go in the stand-by lanes unless touring in off season times. (that will be my goal)

So being told the MK WiFi is all over the board on dropping and speed. Sometimes it is great other times not so much. What did make me do the happy dance was Disney has blocked WiFi in the attractions! Woot!

My hope is the guests really don't support Disney's PUSH to preplan their days of touring in advance. It has been annoying enough not to get ADRs. Not to be able to get on attractions without mega waits in stand-by would be enough to send me to Universal. When this all gets installed I am curious to see how it pans out with attraction break-downs. I can dream that the NextGen FP is a Fail.

Know one thing, I would not want to be in guest relations if the WiFi is below average service and guests have to use it for NextGen FP's.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by HG
    And there will be plenty of guests just surf'n away, but many like my kids were with their IPhones however it just ate up their data plan.
    Oh my. How horrifying!

I never used the net while in the parks but it looks like that may have to change though I am not amused
    What does this even mean? You'll "have" to? That's absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    It is odd, but I don't have much Disney music on my iPod at all. When it comes to music, I'd rather the variety and surprise of what's to be played, be it on internet streaming music or regular radio. There's something about playlists and predictablity that ruins the sound experience for me. Difficult to explain, but there it is.
    No, I get it.

Since you listen to Disney music all the time, when you go on vacation you want to get away from it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast