Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Plus The Park ***Idea blatantly lifted from another site*** in the Vacation Planning forums; Mea Culpea, Although this topic is covered in several other threads, I saw a dedicated blog to this topic and was caught up in the idea of a single park ...
    Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

Plus The Park ***Idea blatantly lifted from another site***

Mea Culpea,

Although this topic is covered in several other threads, I saw a dedicated blog to this topic and was caught up in the idea of a single park topic for fixing/plusing/revamping. Share in detail what you would to to one park to optimize it. whether it is new attractions, upgrades, revamps or the like.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

Re: Plus The Park ***Idea blatantly lifted from another site***

I'll start with Disney's Animal Kingdom.

1. Fix the yeti, I understand that shutting down the biggest draw in the park is an attendance killer, the fact the the newest E ticket and biggest draw is already broken is an embarassment.

2. Re-imagine the abandoned river boats attraction. The orginal attraction was dropped very early. Putting some time and effort and letting the imgineers run with some ideas would allow for a Rivers of the World (AKA Jungle Cruise Worldwide) that would utilizes the abandoned boat launches and add a dimesion to the experience. Imagine cruising the worlds rivers at night add some fanatsy aspects form the abandoned Beastly Kingdomme.

3. Add Australia. it's been talked about. Adding another continent expecially one with such unique fauna as Australia is logical Close up Camp Mickey Minnie, move Festival of the Lion King to Africa, build an Ayers Rock themed E-ticket, perhaps blending the idea of the spiritual aspects of the site and adventure/exploring/good stewards of the Earth theme.

4. I'm still not sold on the Pandora idea seems very limited. The Beastly Kingdom idea can be restructured into exploring mythical creatures froma round the world, river Nagas, Thunderbrids, dragons, trolls, and perhaps cryptids like the dinosaurs rumored to live in Africa. Or perhaps dedicate a Lost World type theme/Mysterious Island. There are a lot of options to let Imagineers stretch ideas.
    Last edited by tiggerguy; 08-25-2012 at 11:20 AM.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

Re: Plus The Park ***Idea blanatly lifted from another site***

Yup I mispelled blatantly can I get an assist from a Moderator LOL
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    Yup I mispelled blatantly can I get an assist from a Moderator LOL
    fixed
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    fixed
    Thanx!
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy

Thanx!
    is it really fixed now?
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

Unfortunately Pandora is coming. And it's going to take up a lot of real estate in the park. I do like the idea of doing something with the boat ride, and obviously Expedition Everest must be fixed. But it's going to have to wait until Pandora gets running.

So many people I hear talking about Disney World say they only plan to run to Disney's Animal Kingdom to do EE and then finish the rest of the day at Hollywood Studios, one of the water parks or Universal. DAK needs that ride open to maintain the numbers they do.

Imagine if they closed EE with the park as it is today... What would be your "gate buster"? After EE your newest attraction is Kali River Rapids which opened in '99.

Disney could save some money while Everest is down by just retreading old ads for the park from before it opened, but I doubt Disney will sell many tickets by advertising a park whose only operating addition since the first year of opening is a Finding Nemo show.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by StewbotTalborg View Post
    Unfortunately Pandora is coming. And it's going to take up a lot of real estate in the park. I do like the idea of doing something with the boat ride, and obviously Expedition Everest must be fixed. But it's going to have to wait until Pandora gets running.

So many people I hear talking about Disney World say they only plan to run to Disney's Animal Kingdom to do EE and then finish the rest of the day at Hollywood Studios, one of the water parks or Universal. DAK needs that ride open to maintain the numbers they do.

Imagine if they closed EE with the park as it is today... What would be your "gate buster"? After EE your newest attraction is Kali River Rapids which opened in '99.

Disney could save some money while Everest is down by just retreading old ads for the park from before it opened, but I doubt Disney will sell many tickets by advertising a park whose only operating addition since the first year of opening is a Finding Nemo show.
    Ya, the numbers are really skewed for AK attendance as it is, like you stated running in for an attraction or two and bolting to another park. I am one of them. I actually spent more time at AK this trip than I have since the park opened. While my DS was working I did things I had not done since my first visit and wasn't impressed then and it will be another 15 years before I forget how I wanted those touring hours back.

I too would like to see something done with the abandoned boat ride, it closed so quickly and rightfully. It was a long queue for a boat ride without anything to view. I had that on the ferry from POR to DTD. What did surprise me is that Disney Imagineers actually created that attraction to start with. It already failed at the MK with the Swans.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

To start, DHS. From Indiana Jones, former Drew Carey theater along with American Idol. It is painfully boring. Jones needs a new act and the other two need something interesting and new. I have been very fond of the GMR however it is starting to bore like Jones, nice show, but I've seen it since it opened and needs at least a few updates and surprises. My fear for the GMR is they will mess it up like Figment, it needs to be improved, not ruined.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    To start, DHS. From Indiana Jones, former Drew Carey theater along with American Idol. It is painfully boring. Jones needs a new act and the other two need something interesting and new. I have been very fond of the GMR however it is starting to bore like Jones, nice show, but I've seen it since it opened and needs at least a few updates and surprises. My fear for the GMR is they will mess it up like Figment, it needs to be improved, not ruined.
    I completely agree. Indy either needs to be added to or canned for something new IMO, I don't know what they're going to do with the Drew Carey theater but if they turned it into bathrooms it would be an improvement over what was there.

As for Idol, I don't know what should be done with it really. I'm not a fan of the TV show or the attraction. Disney was really late to the party with that show. The show is on a steep downhill slide I think and Disney probably needs a few more years out of that show before before they could even think of doing something else with that area. From the very first time I heard that it was coming I wondered, "What happens when the show falls out, and people don't go crazy for it anymore or it gets cancelled?" I don't think the show will get cancelled anytime soon, because as drastically as the rating are falling they were so high to begin with that the still have very respectable numbers (but after seeing who next seasons judges will be I wonder how long that will last). But it certainly doesn't have the nation in a craze they way it used to.

Now, fixing the GMR could either be the biggest home run or flop depending on how carefully they choose what to update, what to take out, and what to keep. I don't really think that the great old classics like the Singing In The Rain bit and other films of that era should be touched. Some of the "newer" films of course could be changed, but I think they still need to be careful to not just throw in another popular film from this generation that will be aching to be replaced in 10 years. I honestly think I would put in something like Titanic or The Gladiator. Sure they're both much older films now, but I feel like both of those have proved to be true modern day classics that will connect with people for years to come.

DHS

The Sounds Dangerous needs to be repurposed, does it really draw any numbers anymore? Keeping with movie theme a behind the scenes "how do they do that?" type attraction could work. It would be easy to adjust/update

American Idol came in much too late, the show while still popular is in decline so the timing is unfortunate. Not sure what the answer would be. It might be worth dropping the game show idea. This space might be better suited to running the "how do they do that?" attraction and repurpose sounds dangerous into a Disney Blue Sky Vault such as they have in DCA.

Time to close the Back Lot Tour. it is a shell. Use the areas for Carsland.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

DHS

The Sounds Dangerous needs to be repurposed, does it really draw any numbers anymore? Keeping with movie theme a behind the scenes "how do they do that?" type attraction could work. It would be easy to adjust/update.
    I thought they closed that already? Last I heard, it was being used for a Star Wars thing a few weeks or months ago.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I thought they closed that already? Last I heard, it was being used for a Star Wars thing a few weeks or months ago.
    They close it, they open it, they close it. Often in the extremely busy weeks. Over Christmas they had the Comedy Club in there for two weeks.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

I think Sounds Dangerous hasn't operated at all except for JTA signups for a while now.

I'd like to see a LARGE expansion of DHS. I don't care about the lack of an operating studio - but keep the them of it being a studio, with live characters, etc. as if it is an operating studio and sets. Expand and create different worlds from movies, starting with Star Wars...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    I think Sounds Dangerous hasn't operated at all except for JTA signups for a while now.

I'd like to see a LARGE expansion of DHS. I don't care about the lack of an operating studio - but keep the them of it being a studio, with live characters, etc. as if it is an operating studio and sets. Expand and create different worlds from movies, starting with Star Wars...
    I was with you until Star Wars.

And May 20th, 2011 was Drew's latest opening. But they brought back EO so you never really know when they will breathe the breath of life into a film. Next thing ya know Shrunk might come back to Epcot. Giggle.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 08-30-2012 at 11:23 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast