Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
WDW Theme Parks Discuss OMG! What have they done now! in the Vacation Planning forums; "Period clothing"? I never realized World Showcase pavilions were locked into specific periods....
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: OMG! What have they done now!

"Period clothing"?

I never realized World Showcase pavilions were locked into specific periods.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    I'd have to say it's official: the terrorists have finally won...
    Women, lock up your daughters. And folks, start preparing for Amageddon. The world as we once knew it will never be the same.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Disney certainly needs to stop fixing what isn't broken. Look at what they have done to the CM's costumes.
    It is a throw-back in time to my polyester childhood. Disney said they were going to go from old fashion to modern in updated costuming. Updated to what millennium? Those poor cast members.

New American Adventure costumes - Photo 1 of 4

Thanks for that, now I have "Up, Up and Away in my beautiful ballon" stuck in my head.

I can't decide if this is 70's suit OR rejected flight attendant. But the length is probably better in the heat.

Oh well, the bottom, line is we will all go back, and enjoy.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Exactly.

What the CM's are wearing is nothing to be getting into a frenzy over.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

"Period clothing"?

I never realized World Showcase pavilions were locked into specific periods.

umm... well I dont remember ever wearing knickers... and I am sure that German's do not wear anything resembling the costumes they wear in the pavilion... traditional clothing based on the specific country...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

But Joe, the costumes are more stereotypical than period-based. Would you not agree?

I still don't see the pavilions as locked into any certain time periods.

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    umm... well I dont remember ever wearing knickers... and I am sure that German's do not wear anything resembling the costumes they wear in the pavilion... traditional clothing based on the specific country...
    But Joe, the costumes are more stereotypical than period-based. Would you not agree?

I still don't see the pavilions as locked into any certain time periods.
    I don't know if it's a matter of time periods so much as it is what the rest of the world might consider to be 'traditional' outfits. To Joe's point, if that weren't the case, then why not just have people wear everyday attire to work, since that's what they wear daily in any other nation. Lederhosen is broken out during festivals, not to go to their job or the mall. As for what they've done to the American Adventure, I have no idea. Does it warrant an "OMG" in the subject line, though? Absolutely not.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

Disney certainly needs to stop fixing what isn't broken. Look at what they have done to the CM's costumes.
    It is a throw-back in time to my polyester childhood. Disney said they were going to go from old fashion to modern in updated costuming. Updated to what millennium? Those poor cast members.

New American Adventure costumes - Photo 1 of 4
    I don't think that they needed change them but tell me what is so bad aout them? I mean i'm not a girl so i don't care if i put blue and red together sometimes but still.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    I don't think that they needed change them but tell me what is so bad aout them? I mean i'm not a girl so i don't care if i put blue and red together sometimes but still.
    AA was imagineered to cover a 100 year time span. The show inside basically does flashbacks of events in history.
    The cast members were costumed in clothing that reflected that span of time.

Disney announced earlier this year that WDW guests wanted the Cast Members uniforms changed so Disney is responding to the guests wishes and putting their CMs in the World Showcase in modern clothing.

As to your specific girl question, I don't find it a color problem. I just don't find it to reflect modern clothing, if that is what management was aiming for. The suits the women are in now go back to the style of the 60's, especially with that style of jacket and accent piping/trim.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Does it warrant an "OMG" in the subject line, though? Absolutely not.
    Interesting yard stick you are using.

Maybe OMG is determined by you to be Absolutely unwarrented, OK everyone has a right to their opinion. But is your opinion the absolute? Who knew OMG would be the new topic of this thread, not me. We could move on to the nail cringing over use of the word absolutely next if you would like since it hit the banished list several years ago?

I certainly respect members who do not care one way or the other about the CMs costume changes. So be it.
    I guess what I don't understand is if you have such an issue with OMG, look up at some of the dramatic and over the top posts of the last few days, OMG can't compete with lock up your daughters, Amageddon?

OMG isn't the problem here, it seems a few of you gentlemen need to consider testosterone replacement therapy. Seriously, how many other males members do you see post the drama you gentlemen concoct, middle school girls maybe. Men not so much.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

AA was imagineered to cover a 100 year time span. The show inside basically does flashbacks of events in history.

Disney announced earlier this year that WDW guests wanted the Cast Members uniforms changed so Disney is responding to the guests wishes and putting their CMs in the World Showcase in modern clothing.

As to your specific girl question, I don't find it a color problem. I just don't find it to reflect modern clothing, if that is what management was aiming for. The suits the women are in now go back to the style of the 60's, especially with that style of jacket and accent piping/trim.
    I see what i mean now. Oh and i had the specific girl question just because i don't really care what i have on or what other people have on as much.

And I guess that also goes to Joe's point. Of all the pavillions, the American Adventure is the one that makes a point to be a period-themed area.

Maybe OMG is determined by you to be Absolutely unwarrented, OK everyone has a right to their opinion. But is your opinion the absolute? Who knew OMG would be the new topic of this thread, not me. We could move on to the nail cringing over use of the word absolutely next if you would like since it hit the banished list several years ago?

I certainly respect members who do not care one way or the other about the CMs costume changes. So be it.
    I guess what I don't understand is if you have such an issue with OMG, look up at some of the dramatic and over the top posts of the last few days, OMG can't compete with lock up your daughters, Amageddon?

OMG isn't the problem here, it seems a few of you gentlemen need to consider testosterone replacement therapy. Seriously, how many other males members do you see post the drama you gentlemen concoct, middle school girls maybe. Men not so much.
    Actually, we were making fun of your ridiculously over-the-top thread title.

You have always been the supreme ruler of dramatics here, so you may want to look in the mirror.

tiggerguy is offline As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly

enough is enough gentlemen. she formed an opinion and is entitled to it, and does not deserve to be ridiculed for it.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

I agree some of the comments are overly dramatic and completely silly. It is an expression, and it fits with this huge of a giant swing from Disney tradition-a very giant swing from tradition.

I don't like it, but I understand both sides of it. THis big of a flying leap in the opposite direction of the known history and traditions borders on disregard for the founder and the ideology behind the original outfits.

But the nasty comments are over the top as well.
    nicholas likes this.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast