Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Choices to be made at DHS in the Vacation Planning forums; I've been thinking about all the rumors of things coming to the Studios and how that could actually play out with the limited space that park has for expansion. I'm ...
    StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

Choices to be made at DHS

I've been thinking about all the rumors of things coming to the Studios and how that could actually play out with the limited space that park has for expansion. I'm curious to see what others actually, honestly, would like to see come to the park if they could pick.

Obviously we've heard rumors for a while that the Muppets presence in the park would be expanding, be it a restaurant, attraction or a whole land all together.
    Then there's Pixar. Cars Land? Or perhaps just Radiator Springs as a part of a true Pixar land in Pixar Place.
    And now that Disney has aquired Lucasfilm all the things Star Wars fans have been dreaming of seem to be at least a plausible reality.

I maybe wrong, and there is room to build everything people would like to see there, but I don't know where it would all go.

If I had to pick, as much as I love Star Wars, I would really love to see Pixar Place expanded into a full land.
    What would you all like to see?

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Choices to be made at DHS

I'll play. I can keep adding and adding to this one.

Remember if Disney so chooses, there is plenty of room to push out this park. Take a look on Google Earth, they would like FLE push some back stage stuff out but easier than pushing out at the MK. Meanwhile plenty to bulldoze.

I vote Cars and Monster Inc. coaster, my first round.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

I vote for the Sorcerers hat coming down and the Chinese Theater facade being redone in the lookof the Carthay Circle Theater... This is plausible with the litigation Disney ended up in because of its use of the Chinese Theater image... With it being successful in CA, it is quite possible they redo this facade and he one on Sunset that already is the Carthay Circle...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I'll play. I can keep adding and adding to this one.

Remember if Disney so chooses, there is plenty of room to push out this park. Take a look on Google Earth, they would like FLE push some back stage stuff out but easier than pushing out at the MK. Meanwhile plenty to bulldoze.

I vote Cars and Monster Inc. coaster, my first round.
    I guess I'm not aware of all the space surrounding the park that could be utilized or repurposed.
    Do you think there could be enough room to give ample space to all their new properties? (Minus Marvel because of legal reasons, of course)

mkcoughlan is offline D-Ticket Holder

a whole big pixar land
    “What ever you do, do it well. Do it so well that when people see you do it they will want to come back and see you do it again and they will want to bring others and show them how well you do what you do.”

"We allow no geniuses around our Studio."

“It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.”

"Why be a governor or senator when you can be king of Disneyland?"

-Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by StewbotTalborg View Post
    I guess I'm not aware of all the space surrounding the park that could be utilized or repurposed.
    Do you think there could be enough room to give ample space to all their new properties? (Minus Marvel because of legal reasons, of course)

They have purposely left space surrounding each of the parks for just such growth... It's important to have this space because without it the parks would reach its land capacity and not allow for any expansion...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    I vote for the Sorcerers hat coming down and the Chinese Theater facade being redone in the lookof the Carthay Circle Theater... This is plausible with the litigation Disney ended up in because of its use of the Chinese Theater image... With it being successful in CA, it is quite possible they redo this facade and he one on Sunset that already is the Carthay Circle...
    I never understood the draw for the Chinese Theater as being the wienie. As big an eye sore as that d@mn hat is, it's still makes more sense. The Earful Tower is great, but it's off to the side and pretty much outside the guest area, anyway. So that dosn't work. If I see a theater off in the distance, no matter which one it is, I'm still not being drawn to it. So I don't know what they need to do there. Then again, neither does Disney, apparently.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I never understood the draw for the Chinese Theater as being the wienie. As big an eye sore as that d@mn hat is, it's still makes more sense. The Earful Tower is great, but it's off to the side and pretty much outside the guest area, anyway. So that dosn't work. If I see a theater off in the distance, no matter which one it is, I'm still not being drawn to it. So I don't know what they need to do there. Then again, neither does Disney, apparently.

Mike it certainly appears as if they are completely clueless on this front...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Csmith041177 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Would love to see a whole lot more of Star Wars. I was very happy when they updated Star Tours...that was a good start, but with a franchise like Star Wars I think they could do so much more.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Lucasfilm area to include Indy and Star Wars, Muppets and an expanded Pixar Place.

Get rid of the NY City and San Francisco facades and do something with that area
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort