Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Discovering Hidden Gems in the Parks in the Vacation Planning forums; I know Lou is always talking about slowing down and really paying attention to details when in the parks. I've been to WDW many times but this time when I ...
    DisneyFanNJ93 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Discovering Hidden Gems in the Parks

I know Lou is always talking about slowing down and really paying attention to details when in the parks. I've been to WDW many times but this time when I go I really want to discover things that are a bit hidden like what Lou talks about in his show when he walked through DHS with Jim Corkis. Anyone have any ideas or places that have the most to discover while in the parks, hope my question makes sense, thanks in advanced
    94 WL, 96 DL, 99 DL, 00 OKW, 01 DL, 01 GF 02 VWL, 03 DCL Western Magic & CS, 04 OKW, 06 Poly
    08 BWV, 09 BWV & DCL
    DVC Members since 00

"Hang on to them hats and glasses! 'Cause this here is the wildest ride in the wilderness!" - Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Csmith041177 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: Discovering Hidden Gems in the Parks

In my past trip this December, this was really the first time I took my time and tried to find the hidden gems. Most of my ideas came from Lou. One of my favorites is the queue for Jungle Cruise. Rather than just jumping on the ride, take the time to look around....you will be amazed at what you see.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Discovering Hidden Gems in the Parks

I believe it is much easier to slow down and absorb the little things when you live down the street from WDW or are a frequent visitor or have 2 to 3 week vacations. It is hard with a few days or a week to spend a chunk of time exploring the little things.

This spring while power visiting the parks and my DS he'd grab me out of the blue and show me things I didn't notice before. Living there he was a great free tour guide and it took little time from my power touring.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.