• 1 Post By HauntedGabe
  • 1 Post By doconeill
  • 1 Post By SnwhtNdwrfs
  • 1 Post By HauntedGabe
  • 1 Post By i-neighborhood
  • 1 Post By HauntedGabe
  • 1 Post By i-neighborhood
  • 1 Post By WDW1014
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Fastpass and RFID wristbands in the Vacation Planning forums; Heading to the World soon and staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge. I typically buy discount park tickets online through a 3rd party, but planned on buying them at the resort ...
    kinyo is offline A-Ticket holder

Fastpass and RFID wristbands

Heading to the World soon and staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge. I typically buy discount park tickets online through a 3rd party, but planned on buying them at the resort this year because, from what I understand, we MIGHT be getting a wristband as resort guests.

Then it hit me... Wristbands could be a BAD thing. I have little kids. Would I have to drag them to the Fastpass booth each time? With traditional park tickets, 1 person would take all tickets for our group and get the Fastpasses. I'm guessing this is not available with the wristbands.

Anybody know how this works?!?

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Fastpass and RFID wristbands

Eventually the RFID will be online, right now still in testing stage for a small portion of Disney guests with the Fastpasses and from what I heard last it is being tested with RFID embedded into the ticket itself, that could change tomorrow or in months to come with the bands. Meanwhile the RFID tickets will get you into the park with a touch and a finger, allow you to touch to pay if you are a resort guest and I believe the standard FP. Once bands come and system is fully launched you will be booking FP's in advance online or that is one of the master plans anyhow.
    i-neighborhood likes this.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

You'll also be able to deal with FastPass+ via kiosks spread throughout the parks and possibly even the resorts. The key is doing it in advance, although spur-of-the-moment use might also be available - we don't have that level of detail yet.

And if you've linked your family up properly, you should be able to do everyone via just your RFID device (band or card).
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Yesterday CoP received FP+ distinction. One turnstile for FP+ other for stand-by.

Can you imagine Space going down and Disney, (as they state, reserve the right to do) reassigning your SM FP+ to Cop?

Boy, Guest Relations isn't going to be a fun role soon. eek.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I'm still trying to get past the fact that CoP has fastpass...

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

It's all sleight of hand. They are increasing the number of FastPass+ enabled attractions to make it look better given limitations ("Sorry, but Space Mountain FP+ is not available for your chosen time period...can we instead suggest Carousel of Progress?")

But also by making them FP+ attractions, they hope it will increase awareness of these attractions and divert guests to them, much like the Surprise Fastpasses were supposed to do.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

I liked the Surprise Fastpasses. It was nice and made you feel special. This doesn't sound like so much fun. It will take so much more lack of spontaneity out of a trip. I was okay with dining because my family was all about the food but this doesn't thrill me as much. Especially if I am not really going to be staying on property.

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    It's all sleight of hand. They are increasing the number of FastPass+ enabled attractions to make it look better given limitations ("Sorry, but Space Mountain FP+ is not available for your chosen time period...can we instead suggest Carousel of Progress?")

But also by making them FP+ attractions, they hope it will increase awareness of these attractions and divert guests to them, much like the Surprise Fastpasses were supposed to do.
    And we all saw how well Surprise FPs worked out. Even the non-fan guests felt duped when they went holding a FP and the queues were mostly empty.

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the whole "set" of FP choices. What bums me is we are a Park Hopp'n family and you can only in theory now get FP+ at one park per day. Actually I'm searching for something to look forward to besides that tan line on my arm from being banded.

i-neighborhood Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Yesterday CoP received FP+ distinction. One turnstile for FP+ other for stand-by.

Can you imagine Space going down and Disney, (as they state, reserve the right to do) reassigning your SM FP+ to Cop?

Boy, Guest Relations isn't going to be a fun role soon. eek.
    they need to get smart and handle guest relations at point of issue or nearby rather than the attitude of sending a guest to GR. If a guest decides to go there, by the time they get there they will really be aggravated. Better customer service to provide customer service right then and try to make the experience better. I've seen how cavalier they can be. For instance. If you just stood in line for an hour at Toy Story and the ride shuts down, and they evacuate, which they do -they make everyone leave the building and line and apologize. Most of these people were just dismissed , maybe some hear an apology, maybe not, but they've been sent on their way and if they want to come back, they must stand in line again.

At that point FPs should be issued to everyone in line with perhaps a priority color or something to denote how far in line they had progressed. At this point why not just let them opt for a text message when the ride is back up and FP to get on.

Whatever the case I think customer service and guest experience could be more balanced.
    HauntedGabe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by i-neighborhood View Post
    they need to get smart and handle guest relations at point of issue or nearby rather than the attitude of sending a guest to GR. If a guest decides to go there, by the time they get there they will really be aggravated. Better customer service to provide customer service right then and try to make the experience better. I've seen how cavalier they can be. For instance. If you just stood in line for an hour at Toy Story and the ride shuts down, and they evacuate, which they do -they make everyone leave the building and line and apologize. Most of these people were just dismissed , maybe some hear an apology, maybe not, but they've been sent on their way and if they want to come back, they must stand in line again.

At that point FPs should be issued to everyone in line with perhaps a priority color or something to denote how far in line they had progressed. At this point why not just let them opt for a text message when the ride is back up and FP to get on.

Whatever the case I think customer service and guest experience could be more balanced.
    There are limits of what can be done on the spot, FP is one of them. GR has far more leverage in what they can do to soothe the angry guest. From what I am told the upset but not ballistic guest gets farther. Nobody takes kindly to flip outs so some decorum while pleading your case is the better route. I have been given FP's at an attraction both when evacuated and when in line for an attraction that breaksdown. It never hurts to ask the CM of the attraction what is being offered.

i-neighborhood Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    There are limits of what can be done on the spot, FP is one of them. GR has far more leverage in what they can do to soothe the angry guest. From what I am told the upset but not ballistic guest gets farther. Nobody takes kindly to flip outs so some decorum while pleading your case is the better route. I have been given FP's at an attraction both when evacuated and when in line for an attraction that breaksdown. It never hurts to ask the CM of the attraction what is being offered.
    I agree, diplomacy goes further than vinegar, but I really feel like in those situations the guests shouldn't have to ask or think to ask, it should be offered, particularly when they have waited a long time. I mean stuff happens I realize that and WDW has no control, but they do have control over how many people they let into the park and many of these guests may never have the chance to return to the attraction for another long wait time, much less WDW.

But it is what it is and like you said where it comes to the asking people should use diplomacy to express any grievances.
    HauntedGabe likes this.

WDW1014 is offline Fastpass Holder

sounds like your day will be layed out in front of you before you even get there, sounds way to regimented and what will happen when for say weather comes into play for like firework viewings or parades, might be alil too much for some familys to handle. You will be really in a rush now
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Visits:
    91= Grand Floridan 01= All Star Sports 11= Music
    92= Grand Floridan 02= All Star Movies 12= Movies
    93= Caribbean Beach 03= Old Key West 13= Sports
    94= All Star Sports 04= Pop Century 14= Sports / Sports
    95= French Quarter 05= Pop Century
    96= Dixie Landing 06= Grand Floridan
    97= All Star Music 07= All Star Sports
    98= All Star Sports 08= Pop Century
    99= All Star Movies 09= All Star Sports
    00= All Star Music 10= All Star Music

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1014 View Post
    sounds like your day will be layed out in front of you before you even get there, sounds way to regimented and what will happen when for say weather comes into play for like firework viewings or parades, might be alil too much for some familys to handle. You will be really in a rush now
    I'm with you. It even takes away the option of last minute sleeping in right past your morning reservations for a FP attraction.

They are re-testing two FP parades now, appears like Disney really wants the parade to be offered as FP experience since they have tested the parades many times now. Or they are trying to warm guests up to the whole FP+ experience. Too much like my families everyday life, schedules.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1014 View Post
    This has been my only gripe from the beginning. My wife will usually tackle the transportation aspects of the trip, and I'll handle the hotels and park tickets. That's the extent of the planning ahead we intend on, and once we're there we abide no particular schedule (aside from something like morning EMH).

But no biggie, IMO. The more I think about it, the less I care. It's like Lou said on last weeks news podcast, Walt himself was always frustrated by the limits in technology that he was bound by. And often times had to pioneer his own. Which is what we're seeing now.