Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Magic Hours in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi What do you guys think of the magic hours? We are half way though our annual trip and it seems the parks get too crowded in the hours right ...
    MikeQ is offline A-Ticket holder

Magic Hours

Hi

What do you guys think of the magic hours? We are half way though our annual trip and it seems the parks get too crowded in the hours right before or after the magic hours.

Thanks

Mike

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    Based on our trip in June, I would have to agree with you. It seems as though it's still best to take advantage of the morning Magic hours rather than the evening.

It seems as though the parks are packed no matter when you go!
    Lisa

"No capes!"

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Does anyone know if they are going to have EMHs in October?
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    When we where there in May the parks got alot more crowded in the evening and castmembers were not even check resort room keys. Morning hours were definately better.

megstarfan911 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I've experienced EMS during the evening 2 times. once during peek season in spring and one a couple of weeks ago. i think its a great idea. we had no wait in magig kingdom on tommorland indy speedway, alll three mountains, and other fast pass attractions when we went in spring. but our trip a couple of weeks ago, it was very crowded, but i suspect this was because it was the day hurricane dennis was supposed to hit and every1 was making sure they got in that park in case they had to evacuate. but earlier in the same trip, we did EMH at dak during evening. we got in everything but the trails, and safari, but we retuned to do those.

and they should have EMH in october, but im not sure because no dates are set, according to the web sites i checked
    hey evry1!!!

trips to the world:
    fall'93(dont remember it) summer '95 summer'00 (grandparents) summer'03; spring break'04; summer '04 (cousins came); spring '05; july 5 -10 '05(friend came); july 26-Aug. 2 '05(cousins came)

MikeQ is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks for your help, we decided to stay away from the extra magic hours for the rest of our visit.

Mike

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    I would think it would depend on the time of year, the amount of resort guests, and even the day of week on how crowded it would be. We are going in Sept and because of our itinerary for Advanced Reservation seating at eateries will only be able to do 2 of them...I figure this way-We are paying for the perk, might as well use it at least once.

BTW ...JC----havent heard anything for Oct yet on them...you know how slow they are at getting out the schedules for stuff...lol They had the Sept hour schedule up for over a week b4 they released the EMH one...I called and got it from CRO before it was(doubled checked by calling twice and looking at the web released one a week later---they all matched...YAY)
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

mickeymaster is offline D-Ticket Holder
    i just got back from disney world a couple days ago and i attended two extra magic hour nights at magic kingdom. Instead of the lines being an hour long there a half hour. Its better than being in the park during the day but not near as good as E-Nite used to be

I miss E-Nite
    Man has a Dream, and thats a start...

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485
    I would think it would depend on the time of year, the amount of resort guests, and even the day of week on how crowded it would be. We are going in Sept and because of our itinerary for Advanced Reservation seating at eateries will only be able to do 2 of them...I figure this way-We are paying for the perk, might as well use it at least once.

BTW ...JC----havent heard anything for Oct yet on them...you know how slow they are at getting out the schedules for stuff...lol They had the Sept hour schedule up for over a week b4 they released the EMH one...I called and got it from CRO before it was(doubled checked by calling twice and looking at the web released one a week later---they all matched...YAY)
    Thanx for the update. I check the WDW site everyday, but no luck yet with October dates. I guess they will post them on 1 August' hopefully with EMH dates too?
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

egran125 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I think EMH's basically just serve a different purpose. I dunno about you, but for me, it's just like basically getting as much in-park time as I can possibly get, while being in WDW. I know I won't be back for a while every time I'm there, so I want to be able to be in the parks as long as possible, and make sure I don't leave without regretting something. You know?
    ./.// / Eric /. / /

withasmile is offline C-Ticket Holder
    i like e-ride night better. theres too many people in the park that is open at night. theres only 1 park and downtown disney open at night. most people with kids will go to the opened park and its double the people then in the day time, at least thats what i think

mickaholic4077 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I rarely take advantage of EMH. The one time I used it at Epcot,I drove to the parks and they wanted us to park waaaaaaaaaay over in the left parking lot. I said,"No way!" and zoomed over to the handicapped section right by the monorail and parked,saving by my mile counter 2 tenths of a mile walking.(Yes,my car at the time could legally use the lot!!)

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    With my little ones, I have not had a chance to use the magic hours, so right now it doesn't help us. With little ones, we get up at decent hours, and get to bed at decent hours, the little ones like to go all day and then we are in bed by 8 or 9!!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    If you have the park hopping option, can you come to a pars with EMH after another park has closed?( Example, spend the day at Epcot but once it closes, go to MK because that has EMH)