Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Splash Mountain: How wet do you get? in the Vacation Planning forums; I have been to DisneyWorld 4-5 times and have never been on Splash Mountain. This probably stems from the fact that I hate to walk around wet after riding a ...
    Melanie Horton is offline A-Ticket holder

Splash Mountain: How wet do you get?

I have been to DisneyWorld 4-5 times and have never been on Splash Mountain. This probably stems from the fact that I hate to walk around wet after riding a water ride. I have heard people say that you can rent a locker to store dry clothes in but I can't stand the idea of walking around the park for days in wet sneakers. I guess I could ride at the end of my day just before I head back to the resort. So, how wet do you get when you ride splash mountain?

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: Splash Mountain: How wet do you get?

Hi, Melanie.

Well, you used to get somewhat wet from the cheapshot water jets towards the beginning of the ride. Now, they were turned off when I was there in December. Not sure if it's just a winter time thing, or what. But, when they're off you barely get wet at all.

But, even if they are on, you don't normally get all that wet. Nothing that won't dry within the hour. And I've never walked around in wet shoes all day. Matter of fact, I don't ever recall my shoes getting all that wet.

At very worst, brings some sandals or flip flops with you. Stash them in a locker and switch over to them when you feel like riding Splash. I don't think it's necessary, but it's 100% certain your sneakers won't get wet.
    the7thAve likes this.

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

It's never been my shoes that have gotten wet (but as far as clothes go- I've had mine get drenched before)
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Splash Mountain is no Kali River Rapids. I've never had shoes be wet but toshie and shirt yeah. It is a great ride, if you want a fool proof way of not getting your attire wet you can plan ahead and buy the dollar disposable poncho from Target, Walmart and toss it when you get off the ride. When in original package the poncho fits in your back pocket.

Most times I only get splashed but I don't sit in the front row generally.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Even in the front row you usually only get wet from the waist up...

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

Like mentioned, how wet you get depends on the time of year you visit. During the cooler months (November-February) they tone down the sprayers. Not to say, I haven't been misted in the face. One way to lessen your chances of getting wet, sit on the left side of the log to avoid the sprays and splash from the log coming down the large hill.

Like others, my shoes and socks weren't the problem. My butt always got wet from either the seat already being wet when I sat down or water spraying down my back. I am not a poncho-wearing person. They retain heat and make me miserable. If you have a sweatshirt to spare, put it on the seat!

If you are still skeptical. Wait and do Splash Mountain as your last attraction. Then, you don't have to walk around the park wet all day. You will get wet. To what degree varies.

There are storage lockers at the very front of the park under the train station. Not very convenient for a quick shoe change though. But, there if you need them.

Multi-Use:
    Large - $9/day
    17.5"h x 12"w x 16" deep

Small - $7/day
    11"h x 9"w x 16" deep

A $5 refundable deposit is required for the locker key. Keys must be turned in within an hour of park closing.

Now on Kali River Rapids, we got soaked and my shoes and socks were drenched. Either put sneakers and socks in the center storage area and wear sandals onto the attraction or bring extra socks. They will not let you go barefoot!

Have a magical trip!
    Last edited by TXTaylors5; 04-09-2013 at 11:44 AM.
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Well, you used to get somewhat wet from the cheapshot water jets towards the beginning of the ride. Now, they were turned off when I was there in December. Not sure if it's just a winter time thing, or what. But, when they're off you barely get wet at all.

But, even if they are on, you don't normally get all that wet. Nothing that won't dry within the hour. And I've never walked around in wet shoes all day. Matter of fact, I don't ever recall my shoes getting all that wet.
    I agree with this. My dad won't ride "wet" rides, but I have always tried to get him to go on it with me when we are there together. I know he would love it, if we could guarantee he wouldn't get too wet.

The problem is that I've never been able to successfully predict when the "sprayers" will be on, which is the part of the ride where I have always gotten the most wet.

If we can dream it, we can do it

Csmith041177 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Agree with what others have said. While you will certainly get damp, you will not get soaked.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

it also depends upon if the water cannon is on... when you go up the first lift hill there is sometimes a water cannon that shoots water towards your log... that gets you wet... also if you sit on the right of the boat you have a chance to get wet via the mini waterfall after the plunge... sometimes the logs get backed up and you have to wait right next to it... people tend to get wet from that too... the only part you really dont get wet from is the plunge
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

duplicate
    Last edited by JNota0005DakMC; 06-21-2013 at 12:27 PM.
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

stanletmontena is offline A-Ticket holder

If you go to any water park and not expect to get wet, whats the point then. Sure no one likes to get wet and walk around but people go to waterparks to get wet. Of course its going to be wet out there!
    Dont set your compass by the flash of lightening-set in the stars.

I wasn't aware that the Magic Kingdom was classified as a water park.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    I wasn't aware that the Magic Kingdom was classified as a water park.
    Give Kali River Rapids a whirl... you might as well be on Summit Plummet sometimes.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

I didn't realize Kali River Rapids was in the Magic Kingdom.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Somehow I knew you would make that statement, so I made it real general to give you something to weep over. AK isn't a water park any more that MK is.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast