Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree12Likes
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Oh how I miss... in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by firemedic Yeah, we firefighters will never forget our 343 brothers and sisters that gave their lives trying to save others. It's what we do. See, and living ...
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Oh how I miss...

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic View Post
    Yeah, we firefighters will never forget our 343 brothers and sisters that gave their lives trying to save others. It's what we do.
    See, and living here, it's about more than just losing fire fighters. We lost 3,000 people that day, not 300.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    See, and living here, it's about more than just losing fire fighters. We lost 3,000 people that day, not 300.
    Yep. Sure not forgetting those people! Just that the public service loses hit me harder personally
    . Prayers and pixie dust to everyone who lost family and friends on that terrible day.
    HauntedGabe likes this.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic View Post
    Yep. Sure not forgetting those people! Just that the public service loses hit me harder personally
    . Prayers and pixie dust to everyone who lost family and friends on that terrible day.
    Amen.

I think I am going to try and move this discussion to an article on a new thread about Disney 9/11. It is a good reminder of the day for those of us fortunate enough to far away from the 9/11 tragedies.

9/11-What Was It Like at Walt Disney World
    supernova and firemedic like this.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

That's a good article Gabe!
    HauntedGabe likes this.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

froland_04-08 is offline Annual Passholder

I have friends who were at the World when it had to be evacuated after the attack. We all reflect on the emotions we felt that day.....but I can't imagine either being right there at ground zero.....or even having to evacuate the most magical place on earth....
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

drumguyrobc is offline A-Ticket holder

I completely agree! Some of my favorite memories of Walt Disney World have been walking around the parks by myself. I remember spending an entire day at Epcot alone while I was there working. I think I only got on two rides because I was too busy taking in all the sights and sounds. It may be cliche, but I, as many others, also miss Horizons.

I miss going on the Land Boat ride with my friends, just to go on it. And then going on Soarin!
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I liked the Land boats better with a guide. They pointed out specific things and added some diversity. Now it is more generic. Still one of my favorites at Epcot. Maybe because I am an avid Gardener 6 months a year.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

I like the LWTL because it a cool realxing ride after walking around either FW or the WS....that and i like to see the greenhouses, it is an actual working greenhouse.
    HauntedGabe likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123