Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tiggerguy
WDW Theme Parks Discuss WDW Solo. !?!?!?!? in the Vacation Planning forums; I may have an opportunity to visit WDW solo. I've never done this before. I've never even thought about doing this before. What would be the best and worst things ...
    fysh is offline A-Ticket holder

WDW Solo. !?!?!?!?

I may have an opportunity to visit WDW solo. I've never done this before. I've never even thought about doing this before. What would be the best and worst things about visiting WDW solo?

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: WDW Solo. !?!?!?!?

Not sure why everyone makes a such a big deal over this. I've done it numerous times in the past and never had a single issue. Ride what you want when you want. Eat when you're hungry. Don't feel like watching a parade? Then don't. Easiest trip ever.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Go!

As much as I always enjoy vacationing with my family I do love my solo trips. I hop all over the place when I feel like it, no compromises. Some days I skipped real meals and snacked all day long. You tend to people watch and it adds to the experience.

Go!
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

My apologies, supernova. I did not realize I was making a big deal over this. I'm very sorry. I had no intention of offending anyone. I won't post about it anymore.

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Not sure why everyone makes a such a big deal over this. I've done it numerous times in the past and never had a single issue. Ride what you want when you want. Eat when you're hungry. Don't feel like watching a parade? Then don't. Easiest trip ever.
    no need to be harsh. if it was not your intention, it is how it came off to me and the poster. some people are apprehensive of traveling by themselves for the first time
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys

Quote Originally Posted by fysh View Post
    My apologies, supernova. I did not realize I was making a big deal over this. I'm very sorry. I had no intention of offending anyone. I won't post about it anymore.
    it is only natural to be apprehensive for traveling alone, I know I was. other than him saying he doesn't know why people get this way, he makes a good point. Just do what you feel comfortable doing and do it when you want.

doing WDW solo can be rewarding.
    supernova likes this.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by fysh View Post
    No need to apologize, sir. I wasn't talking about "you" and you're certainly not the first person to post this type of question. People in general tend to view going to an amusement park solo as being a big deal. I love traveling on business because it allows me to make lots of solo ventures to local attractions and explore cities on my own schedule. Didn't want you to think I was talking directly about you.

But back to my original point, going on your own is great because you're able to keep your own schedule. You eat when YOU are hungry. You only see attractions you're interested in seeing. Long line? Skip it or come back. Sit and rest when YOU are tired, not when your group is lagging behind and you're still eager to get moving. While visiting my sister in law in England, I (somehow) found my way from her town in Westcliff-on-Sea to their local train, took it to Kings Cross, jumped on the Eurostar, and explored Disneyland Paris on my own for three days. Great time.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    it is only natural to be apprehensive for traveling alone, I know I was. other than him saying he doesn't know why people get this way, he makes a good point. Just do what you feel comfortable doing and do it when you want.

doing WDW solo can be rewarding.
    Thanks for understanding the nature of my point and not jumping on me, Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    no need to be harsh. if it was not your intention, it is how it came off to me and the poster. some people are apprehensive of traveling by themselves for the first time
    OK, never mind. Didn't scroll up far enough after my post was made.

Thanks to everyone for your responses. It was not my intention to raise a ruckus or ruffle anyone's feathers. It was my first post on this site and I was only looking for a chance to discuss the topic. In my background a solo is a subject of accomplishment and pride.

I'm sure there are subjects on this site which have been discussed ad nauseum but if new folks wish to discuss the same subject they don't know when some of the senior posters have grown tired of the subject. For instance I would not be surprised to find several threads discussing the virtues of staying on property vs staying off property. I'm sure many of the senior posters have long grown weary of the topic.

I appreciate everyone's time and effort in contributing to this thread. My warmest regards to all.

No problem. Welcome to the site.

Csmith041177 is offline B-Ticket Holder

If you have the opportunity to do so, go for it! I have never really thought bout that because when we travel down (from Huntsville, AL) it is a family trip, but if I had the chance due to being down on business or other reasons I would do so!