Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By BandontheRun
  • 1 Post By doconeill
  • 1 Post By BandontheRun
  • 1 Post By supernova
  • 1 Post By BandontheRun
WDW Theme Parks Discuss 4 parks in 1 day challenge? in the Vacation Planning forums; Am thinking about doing this with my DSs 11 and 8 during our August trip. Any view this as a waste of a day or might the challenge create some ...
    BandontheRun is offline A-Ticket holder

4 parks in 1 day challenge?

Am thinking about doing this with my DSs 11 and 8 during our August trip. Any view this as a waste of a day or might the challenge create some memories of its own?
    HauntedGabe likes this.

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys

Re: 4 parks in 1 day challenge?

Quote Originally Posted by BandontheRun View Post
    Am thinking about doing this with my DSs 11 and 8 during our August trip. Any view this as a waste of a day or might the challenge create some memories of its own?
    a couple of my friends have done this challenge and had great fun doing it, they did not consider it a waste of a day
    Last edited by tiggerguy; 03-09-2014 at 08:15 PM.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Csmith041177 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Would love to hear reports from folks who have done this and whether they consider it to be an enjoyable day. I am more of a 1 park per day person, and have a difficult time even splitting time between 2 parks.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Doing this needs planning...which parks in which order, and what you are going to do in each park. It's easy to visit each park - it's something different entirely to do something useful in it.

FastPass+ actually makes it very difficult to do headliners in each park on a busy day, since you can't currently get FP+ in more than one park in a day. You'll have to use standby lines for it.

And don't forget how you are getting between parks. That will take time no matter what. Expect it to burn several hours of your day.

As for whether it is enjoyable, that's up to you. I've done three parks before without issue, but usually because we were staying adjacent to Epcot so we could just walk over.

I know people who did the 6 Park Challenge. They did 1 headline attraction in each park (pre-FP+) at WDW, then flew west and did an attraction at each of the parks there. They were glad they did it, but were exhausted and don't plan to ever do it again.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

The first question is do the boys know what the challenge is, the time it will take to bounce from park to park, are they onboard for the adventure and the getting up early and staying out late in the August heat of the theme parks? Are they accustomed to the August heat and humidity and able to Push Through 4 parks in the summer with the heat and crowds, that could be a lot for an 8 year old (or not) depending on the child.

If these are Disney Kids that have grown up Disney and have done the parks frequently enough this might be a lot of fun and a great memory. I think if everyone is on board the spoken ground rule has to be You can call of the challenge at any point if anyone looks to not be feeling well, it is too much mid-challenge or starts to not be fun anymore given their ages.

Let us know if you guys do it, I'd love to hear about it.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Great points HauntedGabe!

We are a Disney family and have stayed at WDW once a year since the birth of the kids. I think my 10 year old is more up to it than my 8 year old and wife. I like the idea of calling an "out".
    We shall see and won't make the final decision until we are there but I will report back!

Thanks!
    HauntedGabe likes this.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I've never considered this a "challenge". I do it on every single trip. Four parks in one day, and then I've got the rest of my vacation to hit Universal for a day, and explore the rest of WDW for the remaining time.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I've never considered this a "challenge". I do it on every single trip. Four parks in one day, and then I've got the rest of my vacation to hit Universal for a day, and explore the rest of WDW for the remaining time.
    Universal? What's that?
    HauntedGabe likes this.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

It's the park with the cooler rides
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.