Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Csmith041177
WDW Theme Parks Discuss 4th July in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi, do you guys know if there's anything special happens in the parks to celebrate Independence Day? If so, which one is best? We're coming over from Scotland this summer ...
    Heffalump is offline A-Ticket holder

4th July

Hi, do you guys know if there's anything special happens in the parks to celebrate Independence Day? If so, which one is best?
    We're coming over from Scotland this summer for 3 weeks in July, arriving on the 2nd. Can't wait!

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder

Re: 4th July

Quote Originally Posted by Heffalump View Post
    Hi, do you guys know if there's anything special happens in the parks to celebrate Independence Day? If so, which one is best?
    We're coming over from Scotland this summer for 3 weeks in July, arriving on the 2nd. Can't wait!

I'm sure this isn't everything, but in the past they've had a special fireworks show at MK that is very good (includes 360 fireworks). I've seen it a couple of times, and while the park is an absolute zoo, it is worth it just to see the show. There is also typically a special Independence Day tag on Illuminations, though I personally have never seen that.

My recollection is that the Illuminations tag runs only Independence Day, but at least in recent years the MK fireworks run at least one or two other days in addition to Independence Day. If that trend continues, you should be able to see both by going to Epcot on July 4, and MK on one of the other days.

My advice would be to keep an eye the Disney Parks Blog. I think they announced the schedule of events there last year - although I don't remember it being very long before the event - maybe a week or two. Actually you can probably find out by browsing the blog archives.

Update:

Here's a link to one of several parks blog posts from last year. It's not the actual announcement, but it references and I think links to it. Start here for a look at what they did last year, note the dates of the posts, and start watching the blog around the same time this year.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...isney-castles/
    Last edited by tizzo; 04-07-2014 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Add Link

Heffalump is offline A-Ticket holder

Thank you!!! I'll have a good read through that later.

Csmith041177 is offline B-Ticket Holder

I have always wanted to go during the 4th, given Walt's noted love for this country. Hopefully I will get the chance soon. I'm sure it is a cool experience.
    Heffalump likes this.