Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss New Food Court at The Land in the Vacation Planning forums; Ok, I love the way these food courts are set up. Very nice. But I just got back, and this was something that has jarred me out of lurker mode ...
    vowell1055 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Question New Food Court at The Land

Ok, I love the way these food courts are set up. Very nice. But I just got back, and this was something that has jarred me out of lurker mode on this site because I have to know:

Is the selection at the new food court at The Land awful or what?

The old one had a number of great choices. Baked potato bar, pasta, lots of really good food that was supposedly nutritious as well, as that was one of the purposes of The Land at the time. Now it's all weird esoteric dishes that, frankly, frighten the children. Love the new setup. Love the new seating area. Hate the new menu. Anyone with me on this?

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I like the new menu. I like the variety, however I am not trying to please finicky eaters like a lot of families have to deal with in WDW. My main complaint is I thought the prices were a little high for the portion you get. Also....my couscous was cold....I don't care for cold couscous. blech!

welcome to DWT vowell1055!
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    I totally agree where the new menu has to go!!!

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    I liked the old look better, don't know about the food, we always have lunch at the Tangierine Cafe. . . . We do miss the ice cream social, though!
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i think the new look is nice and it goes with soarin' but i liked the outdoor country fair type look of the old food court....i feel like a majority of people fly to get to WDW so why would you want to feel like you are sitting in an airport? i mean i get the point with soarin' and all but i thought the old look was warmer, i'm a big fan of the outdoors inside motiff type stuff...i haven't had the food there yet so i can't rant about that.
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

mickaholic4077 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I was at Epcot a couple weeks ago and I admit I liked the look of the new food court. I can't wait to actually eat there on the free dining plan in September.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    I have to say that I really enjoyed the new food court (Gives you something to do while waiting for Soarin')

Seriously, though, the choices were varied and often unusual. Clealry different from other venues and better than the ordinary, limited selections that were there previosuly.

(OK, the sushi may not be like Mr. Pi's [my local haunt and the hands-down best sushi anywhere> Majestic and Joanne can back me up on this] but it's doable)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Pah, gimme some pasta. The spaghetti they served before was really very good for counter service pasta. I'm also a little disappointed with the move away from nutrition The Land seems to be making.

In fact, a tad off subject, but the overall drop in education value Future World is experiencing is a tad alarming to be honest. I love Test Track, but I wish it had been added onto World of Motion rather than put in place of it. Mission: SPACE is great, but it really needs more info on the space program, benefits from space exporation, etc. worked in. The minute and a half or so of training footage you get before you go in is okay, I just wish there were television monitors in the queue line showing some stuff like that while you're waiting.

And, for the record, bring back Dreamfinder.

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Welcome!
    Love the new setup at the food court there, but I could do with some of the old meal choices as well.
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Ilostmytail is offline C-Ticket Holder
    can you still get the tollhouse cookies there? I love those.
    Engaged at Disney World 10/8/05

Actually, that's one of the things from the old setup that you can still get, and they're still quite tasty. With Nestle sponsoring the joint, you better believe there's Toll House to be had.

SparklinDiamond is offline Annual Passholder
    What is there that is sugar free?
    And what sort of food is sold, I'm going in 5 days from England and would like to know f there's anything I'd like

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by SparklinDiamond View Post
    What is there that is sugar free?
    And what sort of food is sold, I'm going in 5 days from England and would like to know f there's anything I'd like
    Not sure about the sugar free part, but you can find a partial menu here: http://www.allears.net/menu/men_ssff.htm

The selection varies daily.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page