Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss What was filming in MK on 8/25? in the Vacation Planning forums; What was filming in MK on 8/25? I paid my first of what will hopefully be many visits to WDW this semester on Thursday, 8/25. I was kinda upset to ...
    MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!

What was filming in MK on 8/25?

What was filming in MK on 8/25?

I paid my first of what will hopefully be many visits to WDW this semester on Thursday, 8/25. I was kinda upset to discover that my beloved Main Street, USA appeared to be under construction. Part of the Main Street Station was covered in a tarp, and the center area of Town Square was surrounded with a green wall and a bunch of little trees. Upon closer inspection, however, I learned that it was being prepared for a television production or something of that sort later that day.

That night, while wandering up and down Main Street, prior to Wishes, I noticed some dude in a red shirt playing piano on a stage there. There was stage lighting and cameras galore. I couldn't stay long, as a CM told me they had to keep that area clear (although I was invited to stay for the show), but I'm pretty certain that I was captured in the background by one or more of the cameras, and I'd like to see if I can spot myself in the background if I can ever figure out what it was they were filming. I wish I'd thought to ask someone while I was there.

Here's a pic I took to maybe help someone recognize it. In the fullsize version of the pic, I can read the teleprompter, which reads "Jim: Dreams coming true is the thread that weaves through Disney music and is celebrated here at the Magic Kingdom."

Can anyone ID this production for me, and maybe find out when or how I might be able to view it?
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

mrp4352 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    If I remember right, Jim Brickman and John Tesh will have a CD coming out later this year, and a PBS special at the MK to help launch it... That may have been it.
    Please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic!

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Hey thanks! You hit the nail right on the head. This is what I found on Mickey News:

"Adult contemporary staple Jim Brickman has recorded songs associated with classic Disney films for his next album, "The Disney Songbook." The 13-track set will be released Oct. 4 via Walt Disney Records, marking the long-time Windham Hill artist's first project for the label.

The album is led by two new songs inspired by "Cinderella": "Beautiful" featuring Wayne Brady and "I'm Amazed" featuring country artist Lila McCann. Elsewhere, Brickman tackles everything from the "101 Dalmations" favorite "Cruela De Vil" to a "Mary Poppins" medley to "Can You Feel the Love Tonight?" from "The Lion King."

Josh Gracin guests on "When I See an Elephant Fly" from "Dumbo," while Kimberley Locke contributes to the "Cinderella" number "A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes."

Fans who pre-order "The Disney Songbook" from Brickman's official Web site will receive an autographed copy and a coupon for online merchandise. Brickman will be on the road for most of late 2005, but only a handful of dates have been confirmed so far. A PBS concert special taped at Walt Disney World is also in the works for later this year. "

And I found a few pics from the concert at www.jimbrickman.com

That looks awful familiar, huh? Thanks again! I'll keep my eyes peeled for when that will be aired.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...