Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss MK problem in the Vacation Planning forums; When I was at MK last year there was a large number of birds. they were quite annoying, they swooped down until the little kids would drop the ice cream ...
    Ilostmytail is offline C-Ticket Holder

Thumbs down MK problem

When I was at MK last year there was a large number of birds. they were quite annoying, they swooped down until the little kids would drop the ice cream then they would eat it. Did anyone notice this? I think disney should put those tiny spikes on the buildings so that they cant land.
    Engaged at Disney World 10/8/05

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    Disney got in enough trouble with birds in the past! Those little birds are kind of annoying and the ducks are almost like our dogs at home. . . . they will come up and stare at you while you eat, The kids love the baby ducks though!
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

mickaholic4077 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    The bird problem is why I won't eat outside anywhere at the MK!!

gator717 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I'm figuring that the birds have gotten used to people feeding them and then they just come back for seconds. Here in my university campus, the squirrels have gotten used to people feeding them so when I go outside to eat lunch, I have squirrels staring me down until I give them something. It's really annoying!
    UF Alumni: '04 BABA, '06 MAB

Disneynut57 is offline Fastpass Holder
    One year on one of my MK visits I saw a man of orintal decent holding on to a seagull by the birds legs. The bird was traying to fly a way yet he held on to it yelling somthing in his laugage that i didnt understand . I figured that bird pick the wrong person to try and steal a french fry from.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Lol @ Disneynut>>>>>toooooo Funny
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by gator717
    I'm figuring that the birds have gotten used to people feeding them and then they just come back for seconds. Here in my university campus, the squirrels have gotten used to people feeding them so when I go outside to eat lunch, I have squirrels staring me down until I give them something. It's really annoying!
    Kinda like this, you mean?

Our squirrels are exactly the same way.

About the birds though, obviously Disney is well aware of the problem, but as for what they are doing about it, I don't know. If you ride the Magic Carpets of Alladin in Adventureland, take your carpet up nice and high and as you go by the Agrabah Bazzar, take a look up on the roof and check out the neat little birdy condo. Well, little probably isn't the word for it.

My guess is that they were tired of cleaning up all the droppings from the birds that were landing here, there, and everywhere, so they built them this neat little birdy condo for them to go rest their little wings.

That's great for minimizing Pooh, uh... I mean poop, but that still doesn't get the birds out of the park. I too have been swarmed while chowing down on my double bacon cheeseburger at Cosmic Rays. I think they should try that thing they use over at EPCOT in Futureworld (You know, where they broadcast the sound of a bird in distress in order to keep other birds out of the area). It seems to work over there quite well.
    Last edited by MainStreet, USA; 09-06-2005 at 01:35 AM.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Ilostmytail is offline C-Ticket Holder
    They have to do something about it. The oriental man grabbing the bird was a funny story. i will look for that bird house when I go next month. Thanks
    Engaged at Disney World 10/8/05