Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: What is your favorite show at WDW?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Favorite Show in WDW in the Vacation Planning forums; What is your favorite show in WDW (and why!?) I tried to cover all of the "shows" (excluding some dinner shows like the Poly Luau), and threw in a few ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Favorite Show in WDW

What is your favorite show in WDW (and why!?)

I tried to cover all of the "shows" (excluding some dinner shows like the Poly Luau), and threw in a few extinct ones as well.

If I missed any... let me know as I'll add it!

Last edited by Lou Mongello; 06-26-2004 at 09:09 PM.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    got to be Who wants to be a Millionaire - you get to participate!! Makes it even more fun!!!

Xharryb is offline C-Ticket Holder
    first of all, The Hunchback of Notre "Dane"?

not making fun Lou. just thought the typo was kinda funny.

as for my choice, I know it's corny, but I've always had a fondness for the Indy Stunt show.
    This space designated as a DRAMA FREE ZONE

NORMNB8S is offline And they call him Sandy Claws
    I also went with the Indiana Jones stunt show! I'm a mark for Indiana Jones as it is, plus it's just a fun show with action and comedy mixed in! The now extinct diamond horseshoe revue was a close second though for personal memories. The can-can ladies were dancing all over me and my dad one time....it was fun!
    Engaged to a wonderful woman on 12-12-08 at the Magic Kingdom!

Pop Century - August 2005
    Caribbean Beach - December 2008

jacketsfan683 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I love Fantasmic but Illuminations (if you consider that a show) is my favorite thing to see!!! :mickey: :mickey: :mickey:

Granny is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Got to go with Fantasmic here. I find it to be the very best of a mix of classic Disney with a very cool presentation. The music and the "stage" are great, and the ending is perfect!

But that long wait!

Can't handle it in the summer without the dinner package!
    Granny (Yep, I really am a guy)

Main Street Magic is offline D-Ticket Holder
    in case anyone is wondering, I was the one who picked the Diamond Horseshoe Review. I have fond memories of that show and it's original, the Golden Horseshoe Review.
    Keep your hands and arms inside the post at all times and remember no smoking or flash photography please!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Quote Originally Posted by Main Street Mag
    in case anyone is wondering, I was the one who picked the Diamond Horseshoe Review. I have fond memories of that show and it's original, the Golden Horseshoe Review.
    I, too, have great memories of the Revue. My father loved going there an although I wasn't always crazy about the show itself (being quite young maybe), I still remember going every year (Remember when you had to make reseravtions??)
    Lou Mongello

Still not sure about all of the hype for Fantasmic!... I left a little disappointed when I first saw it... (then again, maybe the 2 hour wait and the 120 degree heat and 200% humidity had something to do with it)
    Lou Mongello

Looks like we need some more votes from some of our new members to break this tie!
    Lou Mongello

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    I voted for Fantasmic, but Illuminations is my favorite. Sorry to hear about your first experience with Fanstasmic, but try to sit there when it's only 45 degrees and a brisk wind and you thought it was going to be 65 and calm. Thankfully, that was the 2nd time we saw the show. The first time was perfect weather.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

Jacknife is offline A-Ticket holder
    Looks like I made it a 3-way tie with my vote for Indy. I have some fond memories of the dancers at the horseshoe, but you've gotta admit that it's not every day that you get to see things being blown up at Disney!

Main Street Magic is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I will not argue with you about "blowing things up". My memories of the Golden/Diamond Horseshoe go way back. I used to attend a show it seems like several times a week back when I was a CM. Then there was the time that Pecos Bill and I got into several squirt gun fights (yes I snuck in a squirt gun and sat in the front row and returned fire several times. And it didn't stop that day as each time I returned for several trips, Pecos Bill would let me have it until I ran into him in the InnBetween (that was an employee restaurant at DL) and made up. The story truly is much funnier when I tell the long version because it involved a large family from Michigan as well who ended up in the line of fire.
    Keep your hands and arms inside the post at all times and remember no smoking or flash photography please!

The_Heat is offline Scourge of Lake Superior
    Fantasmic! for me, during my tenure working for Disney, I made sure to see that show as often as I could. I got so misty eyed during it. (Favorite part is definately the Riverboat near the end) Although I would recommend bringing a magazine, or cd player, that wait is a tough one (or you could just sit back and enjoy the music they play, they have the country version of Kiss the Girl!)
    All the people will look up and shout: "Save us!" and I'll whisper...'no'.

Who watches the watchmen?

Disnatic is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I like Fantasmic but my absolute fav is Tarzan Rocks!
    DISNATIC

Four Parks, One World

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast